Back to The Evolving Universe

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Evolving Universe by Caltech

This is an introductory astronomy survey class that covers our understanding of the physical universe and its major constituents, including planetary systems, stars, galaxies, black holes, quasars, larger structures, and the universe as a whole....

MV

Mar 30, 2019

To try to compress the universe in only a few lessons is incredibly hard so we can only say this is an introductory course. I hope other courses are developed to explore this subject more deeply.

JH

Jul 16, 2017

Wonderful course! A brief introduction to cosmology but with plenty of material to cover. I recommend researching for papers additionally to the material, but you'll need more time than 4 weeks.

101 - 125 of 140 Reviews for The Evolving Universe

Sep 17, 2015

V

By Adrián D C

Apr 29, 2020

The syllabus is well thought and organized, it follows a suitable transition from the fundaments to the most challenging topics about modern astronomy/astrophysics. The only complain is the way the modules are addressed, as they consist of pure slide presentation with the occasional quiz, and while I think that's important, I think it's lacking additional resources like problem sets and assignments.

Nevertheless, a great course for introducing to the marvelous world of astronomy.

By Carla S F G C

Jun 27, 2020

The topics are very interesting and I learned a lot from this course. I do not think the level is a beginner level, this course requires you to have a knowledge level higher than beginner to be able to keep up with all content. I did enjoy the lectures and the materials.

By vestron

Oct 14, 2015

You know what, it's not that complex.... it was never that complex...... humans are missing something very basic, elemental, kinda stupid thing I guess. Humans need another stupid.

By Hugh G

Apr 07, 2020

a novel perspective on the subject by a master of the subject -- the course itself needs more attention though; transcripts are messy and tests have typos

By Timothey S

Jun 14, 2020

At first, I was skeptical and it took me a lot of time (and I hated it), but then I speedran the 5 last weeks in 3 days and I liked it.

By Eugene F

May 29, 2016

In general it's fine, but I'd like to see more questions with calculations, such tasks help better understand the topic

By John P

Jun 19, 2016

This is the third or fourth time I've reviewed this course but it still keeps asking me to

By Roberto D

Apr 26, 2016

Great course, contents are very accurate and comprehensive, explained in a simple manner.

By Jack K

Sep 27, 2015

Course with deep notions. Prononciation can be difficult to understand.

By Anant U

Jun 11, 2020

Exceptional for an intro course to astronomy,cosmology,astrophysics

Feb 16, 2019

good course. good content

speed it up to 1.5 - 2 x speed

By marc r

Jul 11, 2016

I have really appreciated this course.

By Colleen M

Mar 17, 2017

I found this course very interesting.

By aakash d

Jul 12, 2020

great course for physics enthusiasts