Back to The Evolving Universe

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Evolving Universe by Caltech

This is an introductory astronomy survey class that covers our understanding of the physical universe and its major constituents, including planetary systems, stars, galaxies, black holes, quasars, larger structures, and the universe as a whole....

MV

Mar 30, 2019

To try to compress the universe in only a few lessons is incredibly hard so we can only say this is an introductory course. I hope other courses are developed to explore this subject more deeply.

JH

Jul 16, 2017

Wonderful course! A brief introduction to cosmology but with plenty of material to cover. I recommend researching for papers additionally to the material, but you'll need more time than 4 weeks.

126 - 140 of 140 Reviews for The Evolving Universe

By Jose A V B

Aug 17, 2015

Great Content! Very recommendable.

By Rajesh K T

Dec 10, 2015

good course

By Perdikogianni V

Jun 13, 2017

Very useful and interesting course. It gives scientific answers to a lot of questions. The only drawback is that it does not offer a certificate and I believe that this is very important because it is the only one that gives this type of information about the universe.

By Pablo P

Mar 23, 2017

Awesome course! Intensive learning. I recommend a few studies of astronomy before take it.

There are some issues with the feedback of others proffesors

By Brice B

Sep 11, 2017

So much handwaving! An introductory course for student who already know what the course is about... Yes, it's wrong.

By Justin C

Aug 11, 2015

the teacher is boring. other then that its an ok class. need to explain things more.

By Satyam T

Feb 20, 2016

require more efforts!

By Fernando M D B

Mar 29, 2020

Lessons contents are incomplete and quizzes are clearly above the level of the lessons. Don't know if I'm learning anything. I quit and will look to other alternatives as I don't want to waste more time and effort on it.

By Steve P

May 12, 2020

This is the worst teacher I have ever had on an online course. He seemed to know many things and being smart, but definitely he can't teach and make what he teaches interesting. I love this subject but he bores me and doesn't explain anything clearly. He just mumbles through some subject titles.

By Miguel A d P H

Jun 07, 2017

Lectures are quite interesting, but the numerical exercises are a shit there is no way to really know how to put correctly the numbers, in spyte you could obtail the correct resultin your calculator. For that reason i will not recomend to take this course. REALLY BAD!!!!

By Diego Y M H

Jul 27, 2020

En los cuestionarios, seleccionaba las respuestas correctas pero en la segunda pregunta no me contaba como buena (Aun y cuando salia la paloma verde), provocando la falta de ese punto.

By Rich I

Mar 15, 2019

Too difficult for the non-science minded.

By Sherouk B S

Jul 09, 2016

It's useless and lacking enthusiasm.