Back to Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces around the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. Across the globe, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, completing this course will position you ahead of others, so keep reading. In this last course of our Specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the first three courses: Essentials, Intermediate I + II. In the Advanced course, we will prepare you to become a power user of Excel - this is your last step before specializing at a professional level. The topics we have prepared will challenge you as you learn how to use advanced formula techniques and sophisticated lookups. You will clean and prepare data for analysis, and learn how to work with dates and financial functions. An in-depth look at spreadsheet design and documentation will prepare you for our big finale, where you will learn how to build professional dashboards in Excel....

JR
Sep 22, 2020

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course, as well as all the courses in the Specialization. The instructors do an excellent job of breaking down each subject in an easy to understand logical progression.

D
Apr 15, 2021

I enjoyed this course so much. I learned a lot about how I can become a better learner. This course was very interesting and useful. I have some tools that I can use to optimize my learning potential.

1126 - 1150 of 1,165 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

By Michiko K

Sep 5, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. But this one was pretty hard for me at times. (Mainly because I use office 365 and some parts are different than how it is shown in the video). But overall, very helpful course.

By Victor C

Nov 19, 2020

I would rate this higher, but there were missing practice challenges for some weeks. Would have been helpful to better understand the process and structure for implementing the formulas/functions/process.

By Vishesh A

Aug 8, 2020

Not the best course in the specialization. The 3 courses prior to this one were excellent. Some concepts were not taught properly, although some useful data cleansing techniques were taught.

By Alejandro G L I

Mar 15, 2021

Essential Basic Intermediate I and II are great courses.

Advanced needs more detail. Sometimes questions asked in the exams are not covered in the course videos and it is confusing.

By Danielle C

Jul 4, 2019

This course was a little difficult to keep everything together. I get that they want us to problem solve but some times it feels so hard to figure out!

By Fabio E R d L

Oct 29, 2020

It's a good course, but it seems as if the teachers were not so committed to putting the same effort and quality that there was in previous courses.

By Sergi R

May 8, 2020

Very helpful but not very challenging for being the highest level from the 4 in catallogue. I would have expected something more of macros/VBA

By Juney C J Y

Feb 3, 2021

Not much useful compare to previous courses. Besides, not really clear about the explanation causes very hard to do the assessment quiz.

By Victoria Z

Oct 6, 2019

Felt the explanations of the problems were not too clear and the information may not be useful for everyday use.

By Yufei

Nov 30, 2020

Videos don't match with the final assignment. Very disappointed with advanced and higher intermediate courses.

By Louie A T M

Aug 23, 2020

This was the hardest among the series but it was also the least detailed and explained worst among the series

By Eva O

Aug 7, 2019

It's ok, but not recommended for someone who uses excel on a everyday basis, you won't learn much more ;)

By Pham A T N

Jan 24, 2021

Final exam and teaching material is not really relevant. The exam is really challenging.

By Pritam S

Aug 8, 2020

This course was so tough.This course was not as much well planned as previous 3 courses

By Barbara K

Mar 13, 2019

Fantastic Information. Needs more samples/practice assignments. Thank you!

By Kristine C

Aug 16, 2020

Some excel sheets are different from the lecture but still understandable.

By Tenzing D

Nov 21, 2020

the difficult parts related to the concepts are not explained well.

By Abdurahman q

Aug 17, 2020

This course does not seem more advances than "Intermediate 2"

By Arthur d G C

Sep 19, 2020

It wasn't as good as the other courses.

By Rishi M

Apr 4, 2021

Feels like it really dragged out

By Paige P

Dec 19, 2020

Not as good as Courses 1-3.

By Hosam M

Jul 27, 2020

need more clarifications

By Mark G W

Dec 1, 2019

Very useful.

By ANKIT A

May 26, 2021

Every course in this specialization other than this is awesome but I didn't know what happened to the team for this course. The video explanations wasn't up to the mark, the practice challenges was absent. Disappointed by this course. Rest all courses is way above average.