Back to Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces around the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. Across the globe, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, completing this course will position you ahead of others, so keep reading. In this last course of our Specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the first three courses: Essentials, Intermediate I + II. In the Advanced course, we will prepare you to become a power user of Excel - this is your last step before specializing at a professional level. The topics we have prepared will challenge you as you learn how to use advanced formula techniques and sophisticated lookups. You will clean and prepare data for analysis, and learn how to work with dates and financial functions. An in-depth look at spreadsheet design and documentation will prepare you for our big finale, where you will learn how to build professional dashboards in Excel....

JR
Sep 22, 2020

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course, as well as all the courses in the Specialization. The instructors do an excellent job of breaking down each subject in an easy to understand logical progression.

D
Apr 15, 2021

I enjoyed this course so much. I learned a lot about how I can become a better learner. This course was very interesting and useful. I have some tools that I can use to optimize my learning potential.

101 - 125 of 1,161 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

By Robert B

Apr 19, 2019

Overall the 4 courses were a great way to improve your excel skills. The course was well explained and the quizzes, exercises and assessments were well designed to imprint the new knowledge into your memory.

I was a bit surprised that VBA wasn't explored a little further. Also, importing from external databases could have been covered.

By Jessenia D M

Jul 24, 2018

It was an absolute pleasure to have taken this course with Macquarie University through Coursera! I learned so much and am able to apply much of what I've learned on the job. The instructors were wonderful and explained things very well. Very grateful for the opportunity to learn with Excel Skills for Business! Thanks so much Team!!

By Avinash S R N

Aug 18, 2020

The kind of exposure to handling various data sets is immense and this has enriched my thinking skills. The opinion on MS Excel has completely changed after persuing this course. Excel is a tool that is similar to coding in C/Java. Definitely I would recommend this specialization for working professionals and graduate students.

By Arnab P

Jun 17, 2018

This was a great learning experience. All the courses in this specialization were awesome and the videos were detailed. The first three course assignments were easy, but the advance course did challenge me and took quite a while to complete. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to have an in depth knowledge of excel.

By Maria B

Apr 28, 2020

By far, the best Excel training course in which I have participated. The time invested is well worth the knowledge gained. The increase in productivity that will result from this new understanding of Excel functions is monumental with respect to saved resources, reporting accuracy and executive presentations. Thank you!

By PARASKEVAS P

Oct 20, 2020

I've been working with Excel for over a decade, and I'm an expert in VBA code. However, through this course, I learned that there's always room to learn something more with Excel and get things done with formulas and arrays, sometimes much easier and in a more robust way than VBA. Thanks a lot for this great course!

By Luis B S

Jun 19, 2020

Amazing course and specialization in general, i began knowing nothing about excel and going through the whole specialization made me understand many things in excel and now i am much more confident using it at work, thank you Macquarie University and Coursera for such a good learning experience and amazing teachers!

By Muhammad F

May 3, 2021

AMAZING course. Throughout the course, I learnt the things which might not be possible in any physical institute in my hometown. The Course has quizzes after every video which strengthen the concept. The final assessments are so detailed and practical that all the stuff remains in my mind forever. Love the course.

By Emilio S

Sep 28, 2020

I finally completed the whole journey from essentials to advanced. This is an incredibly useful course (or set of courses) that I highly recommend to anyone working with any form of data. My deepest gratitude to Macquarie University and the instructors that made this course productive and entertaining. Thank you!

By Saishankar S

Jun 21, 2020

Fabulous Course dealt with in a structured manner. Prashan and Niki took us through with a set of short videos and clear examples. It takes lot of practice to start using INDIRECT, ADDRESS, MATCH etc. Their usefulness is so good that we can write generic formulae that covers most variable situations. Many thanks.

By Nahla N

Jul 29, 2020

it was amazing experience, I learned many new functions and how to use them, I liked the final lesson of the final week about designing the dashboard.

The instructors were very good and they explain the lessons very well

I recommend every one who is interested in Excel to take part in this specialisation courses

By Oluwafemi M A

I'm inspired to complete all the 4 modules of this course because of relevant information and real life data adapted for instruction and practice. The courses were well delivered by the instructors and assessments very challenging to develop requisite proficiency in learners and not just knowledge acquisition.

By SHAHEER A S

Apr 23, 2020

After completing this course, I can now say that I have learned everything I will ever need to learn about excel in my personal and professional life. Just one advice for all, do not skip Practise Quizes since they help a lot in retaining knowledge. It was indeed a wonderful journey with the course instructor.

By Zola-Ann S

Mar 10, 2021

This course was both exciting and surprising. I did not know that I could have done so much with excel. The Instructors were very good at explaining in details, thank you to all of them. I will de downloading this course on my personal Laptop so I can continue to practice at home to build my excel skills.

By Avinash K

Apr 17, 2020

A great experience of learning new and advanced techniques throughout the specialization course. I would personally recommend each and everyone who needs Excel as their prime software. Last but not the least, I thank all the instructors, Macquarie University and Coursera for providing such a helpful course.

By LABOUÉ P

Apr 3, 2020

Thank you very much for this course! I enjoyed learning advanced new skills thanks to your short videos, smart quizzes and practice challenges! I found this whole Specialization extremely well designed, giving you a real push to go forward while challenging your learning! Because practice makes permanent.

By Olivia

Aug 4, 2018

Very useful. The assessment is challenge in a good way. During those training courses, it help me learn to find a solution and have Excel knowledge in depth. Highly recommend anyone to take this course, not only can you use on a daily life for personal use, but also help in your professional work as well.

By Rita R

Jul 30, 2020

This is an excellent course, and my excel skills progressed considerably with each level. The advanced level introduces several functions and features that are a little difficult to grasp. Additional optional exercises or practice examples would be extremely beneficial for those who want to learn better.

By Tenele H

Mar 19, 2020

A very useful set of skills for persons who have to work with data analysis to create value and aid business decisions. I would advise all to go through the whole specialisation. There's new things to learn even for the most learned users of Excel. I enjoyed it and found it adequately challenging.

By Mehran A

Aug 30, 2020

I personally think that the topics of week 5 and 6 should be elaborated properly especially OFFSET function. On the other hand, this specialization was quite insightful as I had no idea about the excel prior to the start of this specialization and now I am proud that I chose this specialization.

By Irvin G C H

Aug 21, 2020

All the courses were completely incredible! I am pretty satisfied! They are excellent teachers, and everything is very well explained. There is no way you could doubt about something. Furthermore, whether you have certain mathematics and programming knowledge, then it would be easier for you.

By Paul S

Sep 15, 2018

I have really enjoyed the whole series of this course from essentials right through to advanced. The course is put together in a really nice way and perfect for the way I like to study with videos, explanations, checks for understanding, assessments throughout. Thank you Macguire University.

By Rounit S

Sep 1, 2020

This Course provided me with one of the best learning experience that I had faced. It provided challenges at quite a good level. This helped me not just to solve the problems but to think for different ways to solve problem so that I must know easiest as well as lenghty method for the same.

By DURANTE A

Aug 23, 2020

Fantastic course. Very well structured, introduced and presented. Some of the functions presented may be even already known and utilized, but this course gives a structured way to create excel worksheet, and teaches the potential of many functions nearly unknown. Thanks to the instructors.

By Sebastian T R

Jan 24, 2019

For me, Advanced felt like going back to Essentials in some weeks, but in a good way. Format and Professional Dashboards are necessary, and the examples really gives you a hint of how you can present it. Array formulas are one of the most interesting things of this course, really useful.