Back to Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces around the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. Across the globe, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, completing this course will position you ahead of others, so keep reading. In this last course of our Specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the first three courses: Essentials, Intermediate I + II. In the Advanced course, we will prepare you to become a power user of Excel - this is your last step before specializing at a professional level. The topics we have prepared will challenge you as you learn how to use advanced formula techniques and sophisticated lookups. You will clean and prepare data for analysis, and learn how to work with dates and financial functions. An in-depth look at spreadsheet design and documentation will prepare you for our big finale, where you will learn how to build professional dashboards in Excel....

JR
Sep 22, 2020

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course, as well as all the courses in the Specialization. The instructors do an excellent job of breaking down each subject in an easy to understand logical progression.

SR

Thank you for everything. The course is amazing! It really improved my skills, and actually I've made some great analysis at work thanks to this, so it's more than useful.\n\nThank you once again.

801 - 825 of 992 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

Nov 5, 2020

bien

By Amit J

Oct 18, 2020

GOOD

By Azizur R C

Oct 6, 2020

GOOD

By Mofaggol H

Sep 19, 2020

Nice

By Md. A A

Jul 22, 2020

good

By Sachin M

Jul 13, 2020

good

By Isaac O

Mar 18, 2020

THX!

By Milind K

Jul 29, 2019

Good

By Ganapathi N K

Jun 23, 2018

Dec 31, 2019

A

By Erika H

Aug 3, 2020

This is a challenging course for a beginner to Excel. I took all 4 courses and learned a lot, but the content got exponentially harder the further into the course I got. I have to say that the quizzes in the first 2 courses (Essentials and Intermediate 1) seemed much more inline with the teaching videos whereas I felt unprepared for the quizzes later in Intermediate II and several weeks of the Advanced course. Even after rewatching the videos, it was the discussion forums that helped me get through the final parts of the course. The practice challenges were also missing from the final few weeks of the Advanced course and those would have been helpful to solidify the learning. Overall a good course though.

By J S

Feb 12, 2021

Prashan and Nicky were excellent instructors. I liked their teaching style. Although, I agree with some of my fellow students who completed this specialization. I learned a lot from the Beginning and Intermediate courses but the Advanced course was different and quite challenging. I couldn't really grasp the concepts of the OFFSET, INDIRECT functions based on the videos. I had to seek external websites to gain a better understanding on each function. Overall, I felt I got my money's worth for the entire specialization.

By Markus K

Jul 20, 2019

For me it was much more difficult to follow the explanations in the videos than it was in the first 3 parts. I suppose the contents is both more challenging and less thoroughly explained. However, most of this very sophisticated stuff isn't very relevant for me anyway, and there were some very helpful aspects even in this course plus useful recap of concepts like named ranges and tables. I would like to thank the instructors for their excellent work, you have really helped me to the next step of Excel proficiency.

By Mohammad O B S

Jul 25, 2020

I have to admit that this is actually one of the most essential course on coursera. This gives an total insight view of how Excel work. I myself was a novice on this topic. Now i can confidently say how familiar i am with all the functions of excel. I would like to thank all of the instructors of this course for breaking down the concepts to such extend for the ease of understanding. I will always be in-debt to you. Finally, Thanks to Allah for giving me the patience on being in track with this course throughout.

By Gowthamraj B

Dec 29, 2020

A very useful course with interesting insights. Course assignments are not only based on the practice sessions and it is making us to learn much more things than the practice sessions to get the solution. Overall very interesting and useful experience and learning.

Though all the areas won't be helpful in everyone's working styles, one can definitely use the relevant functions in their working environment and complete the tasks in smarter and easier way.

Thanks to the Team Coursera for this wonderful course.!

By Dinara T

Jan 24, 2021

The whole course (specialization) was a real challenge for me. Especially the last module (Excel Skills for Business:Advanced"). There were confusing questions and topics that unfortunately weren't discussed as detailed as the rest of the specialization. I always thought that I know enough, but through the modules I learned so much! I would like to thank instructors! You all put so much effort. Your videos are amazing! I will definitely use it. And will use excel worksheets as memory card.