Back to Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces around the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. Across the globe, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, completing this course will position you ahead of others, so keep reading. In this last course of our Specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the first three courses: Essentials, Intermediate I + II. In the Advanced course, we will prepare you to become a power user of Excel - this is your last step before specializing at a professional level. The topics we have prepared will challenge you as you learn how to use advanced formula techniques and sophisticated lookups. You will clean and prepare data for analysis, and learn how to work with dates and financial functions. An in-depth look at spreadsheet design and documentation will prepare you for our big finale, where you will learn how to build professional dashboards in Excel....

JR
Sep 22, 2020

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course, as well as all the courses in the Specialization. The instructors do an excellent job of breaking down each subject in an easy to understand logical progression.

SR

Thank you for everything. The course is amazing! It really improved my skills, and actually I've made some great analysis at work thanks to this, so it's more than useful.\n\nThank you once again.

76 - 100 of 1,035 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

By Arif U H

Dec 18, 2020

I have been using Excel since 2003 but never experienced such a great learning anywhere. The Instructor is extremely knowledgeable and have deep understanding of Excel. It is tough journey but very enlightening about the possibilities you can think of doing using Excel. Highly recommended for intermediate level users but new learners might struggle. Thank you Coursera and Nike, the respected Instructor.

By Anastasia R

Mar 31, 2018

It's a great course for Excel users. I've looked for a course like this for a long time, but have found only either too simple or too complicated (more about data analysis not related to Excel itself) courses. This one is just perfect, and I'm using it in my work and really enjoy it. I've already recommended this course to my colleagues and would recommend it to everybody who uses Excel in their work.

By Alfredo J R M

Oct 13, 2020

A Really complex course nevertheless following the same path taken and all the skills gained throughout the previous 3 courses. This is a strongly recommended specialization. I started as a complete beginner, out of the blue. Now I've gained so much confidence in myself, knowledge to analyze and handle problems and strategic thinking, that can be applied to many situations in life. Thank you so much.

By Sheikh I

Mar 14, 2020

It has been the most endearing learning experience. It has taken a lot of hours of pondering, questioning and troubleshooting. The entire specialisation is absolutely brilliant, totally worth the time and effort you put in. The instructors are amazing, the moderators are supportive and the entire learning community is extremely proactive. Don't think twice, enrol and excel away. Happy learning ;)

By Kazim R

Sep 25, 2020

It was such a nice experience i can't express my feelings that how much i have learn from this course. 2 weeks was such difficult and need much focus on them but with hard work i achieve success. definitely hard word pay off. Thanks Coursera for giving this opportunity to learn these advace skills at home and specially thank for financial aid without this i was unable to achieve my goal.

By Pasa C

Jul 15, 2019

Very neatly and extensively organized and prepared courses, and materials. The instructors are also well prepared, and neatly explain the subjects. I have learnt some Excel formulas that I did not know, and refreshed my knowledge in many areas in Excel. I believe I will use many aspects of Excel that I have learnt here in my professional career.

I thank you heartily to two instructors.

By Mahammad M

Jan 24, 2021

Thanks a lot for this amazing course! I have definately improved my command in Excel. Very instructive, intuitive and precise approach of the lecture videos which will certainly help me efficiently work with Excel in the future! Although I thought I had an excellent command in excel before, by taking this course, i realized once more that there is always room for an improvement!

By Jonathan G

A good follow up from the Intermediate level II. You cover a range of different topics, including a number of financial functions. You'll get to see a number of different infographic ideas to utilise in a dashboard and all explained in a very clear, and logical way. The workbooks mean you can "work along" live with the videos. A great set of courses, and would highly recommend.

By Subramanian V

Aug 7, 2020

This is one exceptional training that I have undergone to date, as it made me deploy all my learning and knowledge gained from this course. The Final Examination was exceptionally well, and I could not have been tested best than I was in the final assessment. Trainers Dr. Prashan S M Karunaratne & Nicky Bull are great skilled trainers and the best in this industry!!!

By 藤野 圭

Oct 18, 2019

I was able to get a lot of useful skills in this course.

Especially, the lesson for Lookup functions such as INDIRECT or OFFSET was really nice.

Tests were really tough, but now I am very proud of myself finishing this course.

It took me more than 5 months to finish all of Excel Skills for Business.

It was long time, but what I could get was worth the time, I think.

By Devi P K

Apr 12, 2020

The course is very well designed to keep current business requirements in mind. I have 2-year experience in Data analysis field currently started pursuing an MBA. I used this course for getting up to speed and found this course very useful. The only issue I have with this course is including Financial functions which I believe need not be included in this course

By Ahsan S

Mar 8, 2020

Very good course but the last two weeks, especially week 5 assessment was very difficult for me. I don't know maybe its just me but the videos had very little common with the assessment. But this is a tiny misstep in an otherwise amazing course and specialization. I believe practice quizzes that prepare the student for the final assessment will be a great idea.

By Basel A Q

May 23, 2019

What an amazing journey I had with Macquarie University, it was long but it worth all the time.

I thought at first when I signed for "Essentials"... how hard Excel can be?

Well... Here I am, finished the advanced course and I am impressed about how wide the Excel universe is.

Thank you: Dr Yvonne thank you Nikki and thank you Prashan, you were the best instructor.

By Jesus A C C

Sep 29, 2020

I am very excited that I was able to successfully complete all four courses of the specialization and I am completely satisfied.

Thank you Nicky, Prashan, Ivonne and the staff of Coursera.

I have learned a lot of new things about Excel and I know there is still much more to learn.

You have done a wonderful job witg this specialization.

Congratulations!!!

By Carlos B H B

The most challenging of all, but the most rewarding as well. By far, one of the best courses and specializations I've ever taken online. Well structured courses and highly skilled professors, not only in the subject but in the way they teach! I highly recommend it and I'll be always reviewing it since there is a lot to be learnt yet. Thank you so much!

By Asma a

Sep 10, 2019

this course is very useful, i have learnt many new things.

The forum is very helpful, it helps me a lot in my working assignments.

The course wasn't short or long, it was suitable, the quizzes were very short and easy, unlike the final week assignments, they were challenging.

overall these, i am happy to take such a great course.

By Lokesh M

Apr 7, 2020

I liked the content of the course. They have touched upon important functions and gave good ideas on how to design your spreadsheet so that everyone can use it. Week 5 Exam and Final Exam was tough. You really need to apply your mind. But, as they always say in the lectures, practice makes perfect. Don't lose hope. Keep practicing until you Excel. !

By Robert B

Apr 19, 2019

Overall the 4 courses were a great way to improve your excel skills. The course was well explained and the quizzes, exercises and assessments were well designed to imprint the new knowledge into your memory.

I was a bit surprised that VBA wasn't explored a little further. Also, importing from external databases could have been covered.

By Jessenia D M

Jul 24, 2018

It was an absolute pleasure to have taken this course with Macquarie University through Coursera! I learned so much and am able to apply much of what I've learned on the job. The instructors were wonderful and explained things very well. Very grateful for the opportunity to learn with Excel Skills for Business! Thanks so much Team!!

By Avinash S R N

Aug 18, 2020

The kind of exposure to handling various data sets is immense and this has enriched my thinking skills. The opinion on MS Excel has completely changed after persuing this course. Excel is a tool that is similar to coding in C/Java. Definitely I would recommend this specialization for working professionals and graduate students.

By Arnab P

Jun 17, 2018

This was a great learning experience. All the courses in this specialization were awesome and the videos were detailed. The first three course assignments were easy, but the advance course did challenge me and took quite a while to complete. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to have an in depth knowledge of excel.

By Maria B

Apr 28, 2020

By far, the best Excel training course in which I have participated. The time invested is well worth the knowledge gained. The increase in productivity that will result from this new understanding of Excel functions is monumental with respect to saved resources, reporting accuracy and executive presentations. Thank you!

By PARASKEVAS P

Oct 20, 2020

I've been working with Excel for over a decade, and I'm an expert in VBA code. However, through this course, I learned that there's always room to learn something more with Excel and get things done with formulas and arrays, sometimes much easier and in a more robust way than VBA. Thanks a lot for this great course!

By Luis B S

Jun 19, 2020

Amazing course and specialization in general, i began knowing nothing about excel and going through the whole specialization made me understand many things in excel and now i am much more confident using it at work, thank you Macquarie University and Coursera for such a good learning experience and amazing teachers!

By Emilio S

Sep 28, 2020

I finally completed the whole journey from essentials to advanced. This is an incredibly useful course (or set of courses) that I highly recommend to anyone working with any form of data. My deepest gratitude to Macquarie University and the instructors that made this course productive and entertaining. Thank you!