Back to Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces around the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. Across the globe, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, completing this course will position you ahead of others, so keep reading. In this last course of our Specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the first three courses: Essentials, Intermediate I + II. In the Advanced course, we will prepare you to become a power user of Excel - this is your last step before specializing at a professional level. The topics we have prepared will challenge you as you learn how to use advanced formula techniques and sophisticated lookups. You will clean and prepare data for analysis, and learn how to work with dates and financial functions. An in-depth look at spreadsheet design and documentation will prepare you for our big finale, where you will learn how to build professional dashboards in Excel....

D
Apr 15, 2021

I enjoyed this course so much. I learned a lot about how I can become a better learner. This course was very interesting and useful. I have some tools that I can use to optimize my learning potential.

JR
Sep 22, 2020

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course, as well as all the courses in the Specialization. The instructors do an excellent job of breaking down each subject in an easy to understand logical progression.

1051 - 1075 of 1,079 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

By Louie A T M

Aug 23, 2020

This was the hardest among the series but it was also the least detailed and explained worst among the series

By Eva O

Aug 7, 2019

It's ok, but not recommended for someone who uses excel on a everyday basis, you won't learn much more ;)

By Pham A T N

Jan 24, 2021

Final exam and teaching material is not really relevant. The exam is really challenging.

By Pritam S

Aug 8, 2020

This course was so tough.This course was not as much well planned as previous 3 courses

By Barbara K

Mar 13, 2019

Fantastic Information. Needs more samples/practice assignments. Thank you!

By Kristine C

Aug 16, 2020

Some excel sheets are different from the lecture but still understandable.

By Tenzing D

Nov 21, 2020

the difficult parts related to the concepts are not explained well.

By Abdurahman q

Aug 17, 2020

This course does not seem more advances than "Intermediate 2"

By Arthur d G C

Sep 19, 2020

It wasn't as good as the other courses.

By Rishi M

Apr 4, 2021

Feels like it really dragged out

By Paige P

Dec 19, 2020

Not as good as Courses 1-3.

By Hosam M

Jul 27, 2020

need more clarifications

By Mark G W

Dec 1, 2019

Very useful.

By ANKIT A

May 26, 2021

Every course in this specialization other than this is awesome but I didn't know what happened to the team for this course. The video explanations wasn't up to the mark, the practice challenges was absent. Disappointed by this course. Rest all courses is way above average.

By Antonia L

Jun 11, 2020

I loved the first three courses of this specialisation. However, I thought the advanced course was a bit rushed, the practice challenges were often missing and so were the practice test which is why I often struggled to get the assessments in the end right.

By Giovanni T

Dec 1, 2020

I felt that the OFFSET, ADDRESS and INDIRECT functions were very badly explained. It took me hours before I understood them, and even now I feel like I didn't exactly get them fully!

By Ashik K A

Aug 19, 2020

Not satisfied with week 5, also the exclusions of practice assignments in some of the weeks too was something that must be taken care of in my opinion.

By Manas G

May 24, 2018

An assignment didn't work on my system (Mac) even though I followed the said instructions.

By MD. S S

Aug 7, 2020

No practice challenge for last few weeks especially for Dashboard.

By CESAR A M B

Aug 30, 2020

Compared to the last two, this course is disappointing.

By Michele E

Apr 18, 2021

The course was presented in a very confusing and frustrating manner. I had to use outside sources to figure out what many of the functions were used for, because there wasn't an adequate explanation. "I'm going to click here, open brackets, type S, tab, close brackets." That's the how - what's missing is the why: what exactly is going on in this formula that gets us the results we want. That's what's needed in order to understand and apply the material. Here's an example directly from the transcripts.

The INDIRECT function is a handy little lookup function. And it works slightly differently to most lookup functions in that it uses an indirect reference. What that means is that indirect refers to the address of the cell rather than the cell itself. A direct reference would go straight to G3, but the indirect is actually going to refer to C12, which is then going to return the value from G3. Let's see it, so we're going to type =IND and choose INDIRECT, and I'm going to click into cell C12. But when I click Enter, you'll see I don't get the value in C12, I get the value in G3.

By Lou P

Apr 29, 2020

There is some alright information in this course's videos, but it's a pretty obvious attempt to get people to sign up for the free trial, take longer than 7 days, and then have to purchase the class. Many quiz questions were not taught on which can make it take a long time to finish this class, or for many students I saw on the forums who dropped out, forever. For that reason, I can't give it anything higher than a one star due to the creators preying on people trying to learn.

By Mubashir-Ul-Hassan

Jul 8, 2020

Explanations of content are not powerfull and clearable as compare to previous essential, Intermediate 1,Intermediate 2

By Anchit T

May 29, 2021

Not a very good course, most material is in video format and there is very little reading material