Back to Excel Basics for Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Basics for Data Analysis by IBM

This course is designed to provide you with basic working knowledge for using Excel spreadsheets for Data Analysis. It covers some of the first steps for working with spreadsheets and their usage in the process of analyzing data. It includes plenty of videos, demos, and examples for you to learn, followed by step-by-step instructions for you to apply and practice on a live spreadsheet. Excel is an essential tool for working with data - whether for business, marketing, data analytics, or research. This course is suitable for those aspiring to take up Data Analysis or Data Science as a profession, as well as those who just want to use Excel for data analysis in their own domains. You will gain valuable experience in cleansing and wrangling data using functions and then analyze your data using techniques like filtering, sorting and creating pivot tables. This course starts with an introduction to spreadsheets like Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets and loading data from multiple formats. With this introduction you will then learn to perform some basic level data wrangling and cleansing tasks and continue to expand your knowledge of analyzing data through the use of filtering, sorting, and using pivot tables within the spreadsheet. By performing these tasks throughout the course, it will give you an understanding of how spreadsheets can be used as a data analysis tool and understand its limitations. There is a strong focus on practice and applied learning in this course. With each lab, you will gain hands-on experience in manipulating data and begin to understand the important role of spreadsheets. Clean and analyze your data faster by understanding functions in the formatting of data. You will then convert your data to a pivot table and learn its features to make your data organized and readable. The final project enables you to show off your newly acquired data analysis skills. By the end of this course you will have worked with several data sets and spreadsheets and demonstrated the basics of cleaning and analyzing data all without having to learn any code. Getting started with Excel is made easy in this course. It does not require any prior experience with spreadsheets or coding. Nor does it require downloads or installation of any software. All you need is a device with a modern web browser, and ability to create a Microsoft account to access Excel online at no-cost. However if you already have a desktop version of Excel, you can follow along quite easily as well....

AG
Jul 31, 2021

The course has really helped me become familiar with using Excel for data analysis. i recommend it for anyone who has no knowledge about how to use Excel and also for amateur Excel users.

IO
Apr 4, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. The lessons are very easy to follow. I completed the hands-on labs and that further solidified the skills taught in the lessons. It's a fantastic course.

251 - 275 of 327 Reviews for Excel Basics for Data Analysis

Aug 29, 2021

5star

By Bachtt

Oct 11, 2021

Good

By eddy b

Oct 10, 2021

good

By DINH B C

Oct 10, 2021

Good

By Dita R A

Oct 6, 2021

nice

By Lekkala U

Oct 2, 2021

good

By vickey m

Sep 11, 2021

good

By Nageshwar S S

Aug 7, 2021

Good

By thondepu p

Aug 3, 2021

good

By subhajit s

May 29, 2021

Nice

By Evelyn S

Aug 27, 2021

By Kenny D

Jun 16, 2021

By Daniel J N C

Jul 27, 2021

An informative and practical course. I have enjoyed it. One big negative is the peer review as some people don't take the time to properly assess your work and you get marked down when you shouldn't. There are also a few flaws with the marking rubic examples which confuse people. I'd love the opportunity to discuss these with the course providers but I can't find any way of contacting them. If you come across the same problem, try resubmitting your work, it will be reviewed again by someone new and hopefully by someone who understands the marking scheme properly. It worked for me.

By Nkem A

Feb 26, 2021

Very good course however the lessons seemed less detailed towards the end when the topics equally got more complex. However the labs helps clarify a lot of things. Had a challenge with the final project because I should have had 100% based on the rubrics but the person who reviewed my work missed out some points. Though I still passed, it wasn't pleasant that there was no way to have this error corrected or reviewed without resubmitting my work and further delaying the completion of the course.

By Alexandria A

Jan 22, 2021

I liked learning about Excel through this course. The videos were very helpful in watching the processes happen in a sequential order. When it came time to do each module's hands-on lab, I found that to be somewhat difficult. The hands-on labs were kind of just random with not a lot of context and I did not feel like I was engaging with the material, at least in any realistic way. I think it would have been beneficial to work on the main objectives on the course more than once.

By Joye B

Jul 18, 2021

Overall, I do appreciate being able to learn how to apply Excel in Data Analysis. There are some things that could truly improve the course. On some of the videos, it was difficult to watch the screens to see the specific steps needed, and in at least one case, the spreadsheet we needed was available on the NEXT class. It would be helpful to have the files available within each week's classes.

By Joo N

Oct 21, 2021

Very informative, easy to follow, and covers a lot of information. My only complaint is that I feel it doesn't offer a whole lot of hands-on practice and application of the information. The labs provide very detailed information and step by step instruction, but I would prefer to achieve similar results based on my own understanding of the content rather than following the steps given.

By Lim J

Sep 29, 2021

Great and easy to follow along. The final assignment works with a too simple and unrealistic data set. I would prefer the final assignment to be a bit more challenging and uses a real world data set.

By DEEKSHA S

Jun 19, 2021

I would like to say Thanks a lot to Coursera to provide me such assistance to grow my career. This is a wonderful skill creating and development course. This help me a lot to learn a new skill.

By Natalia J

Oct 11, 2021

I use excel often at my work so I though this course was going to be extremely boring and useless, but I learned a few things at the end, and shortcuts that I now use to make my work easier.

By Bailey B

Apr 15, 2021

Very basic. For experienced or even intermediate Excel users, this course can be completed quickly and is a good review of some of Excel's more basic but sometimes "forgotten" functions