Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. The best way to learn Excel is to use Excel. In this course, learners will solve a broad range of business problems as they apply the Excel skills and techniques they learn along the way. This course uses downloadable Excel workbooks and full data sets with applied examples and practical challenge exercises. This provides learners with countless opportunities to practice their Excel skills while discovering new and useful productivity features of Excel for a variety of business contexts. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KS
Jun 29, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

PD
Jun 10, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

51 - 75 of 9,797 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Scott M D

Jun 28, 2018

It was very thorough and educational and it was a great course for helping me to become familiar with excel and a great platform for building confidence using excel with large data spreadsheets.

By efren m

Jun 28, 2019

It is hard to think that there is a better teacher that Dr. Breyer, she is a natural born teacher and I am impressed by her loving and articulate style of instruction. She is also very cute :)

By Ferdally J

Jan 4, 2018

Excellent Cours for beginners!

The videos are well explained and the the Practice Challenge really puts theory into practice. I'm really surprised everything I accomplished in only 6 weeks :D

By Ganesh S H

Jun 22, 2019

Very well structured course. Straight to the point tutorials. The challenges given at the end of each week reinforce the concepts learnt through the week! In a nutshell, it's simply amazing!

By Praveen D

Mar 9, 2020

It was great for new learners.since i knew all this ,so it was just a practice session for me. I have done my revision ,looking forward for the next.

By Andrei C A

Jan 15, 2021

This is course will require a focus on each topic. Some quizzes are hard but it will teach you to be patient and perseverance to finish each task.

By Jacinta B

Jun 24, 2019

This course is fun and very informative with some details that I didn't know about! I am glad that I took this course. I am now into Course 2!

By Rinki t

May 22, 2020

This course is very helpful for me and very easy to understand and we can easily and quickly learn excel skills from this course.

By HUSSAIN H

Jul 31, 2020

i had learned soo many useful functions which are helpful in business operations. Thank you all the tutors and coursera

By Md. J A

May 22, 2020

This course is really awesome for the beginner to improve his/her Excel skill

By Nishant K S

Jun 27, 2019

I loved this course. It was easy and fun. It covered the basics of Excel.

By Mouneshwari R

Jun 28, 2019

It's really a good learning experience with hand on practice section

By Parth P

Jun 28, 2019

The course was excellent and taught a lot of basic excel tools.

By KUANG E

Jan 18, 2021

The course contents are very clear and easy to master! :D

By Venkatesh R

Jun 24, 2019

Nice bite size lessons help in learning quickly.

By Brynlee T

Jun 24, 2019

Learned a few tricks I never knew before.

By Nasim-Uz-Zaman

By Vinod N

Good Course

By Andrés T R

Aug 16, 2019

It's a very good course if you are looking for some introductory content to start using Excel and know how to do lots of different things which are really helpful in almost every aspect of your life. For me it was easy because I had previous knowledge about this software, nevertheless I learnt a few new things such as the "absolute cell referencing", or taking data from another sheet of the workbook. Now, thanks to this course, I have improved at Excel and I feel confident to use it at my work on a daily basis.

By Martin K

Jan 10, 2021

I enjoyed it and I highly recommended, It is just very basic knowledge of Excel, BUT you can't finish it without this course. Excel has many important little nooks and this course is like the light in the darkness of your understanding and you will see more clearly in this Excel's world. :)

By Abdullah B F B J

Apr 11, 2021

Solid course for excel but I did not like the fact that there is a quiz after each practice videos , the final assessment in week 6 was a little bit hard cuz it does not tell you which formula to use and this course did not explained all types of formulas

By Nelson R

Jun 22, 2019

Definitely would recommend to my younger self to take this course early on in my career. Vey basic and excellently structured. Both Nicky and Prashan did a great job! Thank you.

By Michael H

This class was very challenging. I learned a lot but had some issues with the wording of some test questions. I am looking forward to the next course.