Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. The best way to learn Excel is to use Excel. In this course, learners will solve a broad range of business problems as they apply the Excel skills and techniques they learn along the way. This course uses downloadable Excel workbooks and full data sets with applied examples and practical challenge exercises. This provides learners with countless opportunities to practice their Excel skills while discovering new and useful productivity features of Excel for a variety of business contexts. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

RB
Aug 28, 2019

The course was defiantly more than I expected. It not only strengthened what I did know about Excel but it showed me several options that I was not using or haven't found. I would highly recommend it.

KS
Jun 29, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

151 - 175 of 9,182 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Nimish K

Sep 13, 2020

This Course " Excel Skills for Business Essentials " is a very good exclusive course to start off with excel. in today's world to work in corporate culture especially to work in Research and strategy-management consulting firms, knowing expertise in Excel is very very necessary and compulsory in order to survive. to get masters on the same , This course is very important so that later advance courses like Intermediate1/2 and advance excel we can understand better.

By Hani S

Apr 22, 2019

When I joined this course, I was in doubt that whether I'd be able to learn enough from just one part of this course or if I did a mistake joining this... but after two or three videos I was in love with the way they teach, quizzes and all. This the first time I learnt something in online mode and I have to say it was really very comfortable and fun studying here on coursera.. and I think I'm going to take the rest of the parts of this course.. Thank you Coursera.

By jayant s

Jan 27, 2018

An absolute must for anyone who is into any kind of office job. The course is very aptly titled "Essentials" and it covers all of them. Even if you are familiar with the basics of excel, you would likely become more efficient in your work. Cannot thank the team from Coursera and Macquarie University enough for putting this together. The illustrations were excellent and practical, which kept the interest going. I am going for the entire specialization straightaway!

By Hadassa D V F

Nov 26, 2020

Excellent course! I was a complete beginner on Excel and I learned a lot! Prashan and Nick are wonderful teachers, and the workbooks, challenges and assessments were great for practicing.

Just one hitch I would point out is that this course could be a bit complicated for Mac users, I studied on a Mac PC a few times and it was really tricky to follow. Maybe there could be separated courses for Mac and Microsoft users.

Despite that, this course deserves five stars!

By Sivabalan B

Jul 6, 2020

Excellent course for excel skills needed for business essentials. One could understand the basic of excel and its components, performing calculations using the formulas and functions, various formatting and alignment tools, working with data (simple and complex as well), customizing and printing the data and create/edit the chart and its associated data. By taking this course, one would be comfortable working with excel for business as well as home needs. :-) :-)

By Andres F S A

Oct 7, 2020

Es un curso ligero pero que abarca todo lo esencial para que puedas manejar lo básico de Excel. Explican de modo muy fácil y entendible para que no quede ninguna duda de lo que se enseña. Además, se enseñan truquitos y tips muy útiles que realmente hacen más fácil tu experiencia en Excel. Yo creía que sabía usar el programa, pero luego de este curso, solo puedo decir que estaba equivocado, muchas cosas útiles de Excel las desconocía o ignoraba. Recomendadísimo

By Alexandrina

May 5, 2020

I have learnt a lot from this course! Before doing it I thought "May be I should do Advanced, because I know excel". However, I quickly realized that the foundations are very important part of excel and if you are not very familiar with them you will be in trouble later! I recommend it, as being probably the best excel course out there. Absolutely helpful, useful and most of all making sure you understand everything. I can not thank you enough for this course!

By Prajakta C

Jul 10, 2020

I enjoyed the course very much. It was easily understandable, nicely presented and well coordinated.

The instructors were very precise and clear regarding a ll the instructions throughout the course. The weekly challenges were very helpful to have a quick recap of the week's learning.

All in all, I am very impressed by my improvement after taking this course and will surely continue with the other courses in this specialization course.

Thank you very much!

By Mary L M

Jun 28, 2020

Great Course, Easy to complete. The only problem I would have is that the wording of some of the questions can be confusing. Other than that the course is a great introduction to folks who want to learn more about excel. Personally I self-taught myself on the basics of Excel, but this course actually taught me new tips and tricks I did not know you could do on excel. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to expand their knowledge of Microsoft Excel.

By Sarthak J

Mar 29, 2020

Very Informative course, as a beginner I would really suggest going through this course to enhance your Excel skills to a very good extend and as of a starter pack this the best course out there to learn excel and be proficient in it. At some point, it becomes difficult to pass the quizzes but at the end of the day, it's worth it. I really liked this course and would highly recommend to anyone who wants to have a hands-on experience in excel as a starter.

By Enrica B

Apr 1, 2020

I use Excel everyday, therefore I knew the greatest part of the topic covered. However I got the chance to learn lots of tips and tricks and to deepen my knowledge in order to face better the next steps. The course is very well made, simple and effective. Even if English is not my mother tongue and I'm exercising on a Mac set in Italian (this means that many setting are very different, including the name of themes etc.) it was very simple to understand.

By Jennifer W

Feb 23, 2018

This course was very easy to follow, even though I was using an older (2007) version of Excel. If I was having any trouble finding a tool that has moved or changed in the newer versions of Excel, it was simple to pause the video while I looked for the right tool, then start again once I had what I needed. The quizzes made sure you not only received the information in the videos, but understood it well enough to take problems a step further on your own

By Abubakar M K A S

Feb 25, 2021

Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to learn excel skill for business essentials at free of cost. This Training will be very helpful for me to development by career in future. I will be very grateful to all trainer of Macquarie University for this training. In my understanding Macquarie University have arranged the best trainer in the world to teach excel for the new trainee.

Thank you!!

Best Regards

Abubakar Mohammad Khairul Alam Shaheen

By Tripta B

Nov 13, 2020

This course is so well structured, i was really pleased. After every small lessons there was a test. Each tests were arranged such a way that one have to use excel book to ans the question and by so learn something more. Though I am student of engineering but still this course was very helpful for me. It saved a lot of time when I became confident in using excel to complete calculations for my lab reports. I highly recommend this course to everyone.

By Hagverdiyeva O

Nov 24, 2019

I highly recommend to take this course if you are beginner in Excel. Especially if your job requires advanced usage of excel and you are stile beginner, this course will be the best to brush up basic knowledge, functions and terminology of Excel.

I have graduated political science and in my field I have never used Excel for presentations, collecting data. So it was high priority for me to learn basics of excel before going to another Excel courses.

By Mark B

Jan 17, 2021

I came into this course with a very basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and was taking it to build up my technical skills to become more employable. The course is easy to follow and work through and I think that the way it was broken down into small segments was great. I also enjoyed the instructors as well, I think that they did a great job of presenting the material. I feel very confident in my Excel knowledge and skills after taking this course.

By Hasan A K

Aug 17, 2020

The best thing which I Liked about this course is its short and precised conceptual learning videos. The way this course is designed is brilliant. Time schedule and distribution in weeks is so much flexible and everyone can complete this course. There was nothing vague. Every topic and thing was crystal clearly explained. I am so much glad and happy that Coursera provided me this opportunity to learn. I am happy and proud that I completed it. :)

By Yocabel H

Dec 23, 2020

This course has been very helpful. The way it was structured gives anyone the interest to continue studying. With little or no experience one can start. I had little knowledge in Excel but after the course, I feel confident working with Excel and very impressed with my performance. I have now gained the skills to enrich my CV for job applications. Thanks to Nicky and Prashan for such a great tutorial. Thanks to Macquarie University too.

By Prachurya S

Jul 25, 2020

Thank you Prashant and Nikki for giving such nice online training. Your way of teaching is very good and both of you make things easily understandable also I will love to get some personal assistant because I had already enrolled for the excel intermediate skills. So if there is a way I can somehow connect with you to get my doubts clear it will be very good. Lastly, thank you Coursera for giving such a nice course.

Warm Regards,

Prachurya Sarma

By Ramin M

Aug 13, 2019

As a essential course for getting started with MS Excel, it was complete, comprehensive and practical. I like what I have learned new skills with Excel and I would like to continue for more advanced courses because I feel I will learn a lot of useful new things if I continue with next courses. I also like the way this course was organized and presented as an online course.

Thank you very much to the instructors of this course.

Ramin Madani

By Heike S

Apr 8, 2019

The course was exactly what I wanted. Very well-explained and clear. Also fun, and I learnt a lot of information which will be really useful.

This is a very good course! The best online course I've ever had. The structure, the order in which material is given, the difficulty of the course are very thought over. And the most important, I feel that the course is very effective. I really enjoyed all the quizzes and assignments of the course.

By Theodoros B

Aug 15, 2020

This course is top quality !

It is structured in a very user-friendly way. There is an overview of each week, videos covering the related exercises (there are a lot to download and practise) , text of the videos to underline with a section to keep notes upon it. About the content it covers way more than you would exept. You will be surprised with how many usefull features exist and the details to master them.

I absolutely recommend it !

By HENRY N

Jun 13, 2020

Richly packaged. Provides the essential requirements to excel in Advanced Excel packages. I found it very interesting and it provided the missing links in my Excel knowledge. I love the Absolute and Sheet Referencing very much. They both have been a nightmare, but I can confidently carry out calculations using the tools with ease. It is a programme worth taking. Thank you University of Macquarie. Now, I boldly teach Excel in my office.

By Fahad A

Jul 18, 2020

A very easy and well planned course that's well executes. Moreover, the quizzes after each and every video ensures the student is learning and helps you remember what you learn. The instructors are quite experienced, they teach exactly according to a beginner's level, and keep the potential problems that a beginner can face in mind in every lecture. Provided you are consistent with the tests and videos you will definitely learn a lot.

By Seth D C

Feb 7, 2021

Really clear and well-paced course. The assignments and quizzes totally correspond to the material introduced in each module. The practice sheets are great but if you know the procedures, they're still a good review. Highly recommended for any who has never had any formal instruction on Excel. The only caveat (which they make at the beginning) is that if you're using a Mac, you will have to check Microsoft support on a few functions.