Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KS

Jun 30, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

KG

Jun 09, 2020

Very good teaching of fundamentals. Everything was explained in a really structured manner. Final assessment was like cherry on the cake as it helped in revisiting what has been taught over the weeks.

176 - 200 of 7,629 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Mara M

Mar 16, 2019

I loved taking this class. I have learned so much more in a few weeks than years working in the office. The videos are great but my favorite part was the down loadable work along worksheets which are provided. I need to practice along and not just watch videos otherwise its very difficult for me to really learn and remember the material so I highly recommend this class to anyone that works an office.

By Merve B

Jul 09, 2018

It is the best course that I have taken on Coursera so far. The teaching methods; clear arrangement of the weekly course contents; the quizzes after each and every course video; weekly challenges; useful tips and etc. are absolutely designed for the students to gain the Excel skills in the most efficient way! I show the gratitude for the creators of this course! Thank you and absolutely recommended!!

By Mohammad O B S

Jun 29, 2020

I Really enjoyed this course. Got me all the basics up and running. I hope i can keep in touch with whatever i have learned from this course. I would like to Thank each and everyone especially Sir Prashan and Madam Nicky who put tremendous efforts to make the practice videos, challenges, quizzes and the practice sheets. They were truly outstanding with the lectures. Short and on point. All the best!

By KEERTHI V S

May 09, 2020

Best course I could have ever got. They explained everything in detailed and did give some time for us to learn it ourselves by trying it out. They also made sure to not over explain everything and gave us space to explore and find new stuff on our own , which in my opinion helps memorizing it. I would encourage anyone in commerce field to go for this course as it helps out big time in the long run.

By mariano r

Sep 28, 2020

Es muy completo, y te brinda toda la información, herramientas y ayuda necesaria para poder realizar todas las actividades propuestas. Al mismo tiempo, los oradores se expresan de forma pausada, permitiéndote ver en la pantalla e ir volcando lo que se explica en el archivo de Excel adjunto, lo cual te permite poder ir haciendo las actividades sin estar pausando y reanudando el video constantemente.

By Muhammad S Q

Sep 11, 2020

It was amazing experience. Teaching method is excellent. I'll recommend this course that everyone should try this course. Now-a-days Excel is essential now, instead of using notebook and calculator for writing and calculations we can use Excel. It was a amazing experience to learn this course. I learnt a lot from this course. The main thing i learnt from this course is " Practice Makes Permanent".

By Isha G

Oct 07, 2019

I loved how detailed yet easy to understand this course was. The instructors were great at articulately explaining everything. The practice workbooks were extremely helpful as I could side by side do the same as what I was being taught.

There were some differences on the Mac version of Excel though that were not acknowledged by the course, and I would really appreciate it if they were.

Thank you.

By Dhanush B

Jul 06, 2020

This was a great opportunity for me to get such a quality online education for a renowned university. The way of teaching is just very simple to understand. Keeping Shawn as an virtual example "Sir Prashan and Madam Nikki " has just made the path simple. Practice video and simultaneous test makes the course most beneficial. End of the day the famous quote stands out "Practice makes permanent".

By Abdulsalam J Q M

Mar 05, 2020

This course was terrific even though I knew the basics of excel and used it. Still, this course provided the information in such an organized method that it has been so helpful and provided me to sink in the essentials very well can't wait for the intermediate. Although the only complaint I would have is that the charts section was too simplified felt very annoying uninformative, unfortunately.

By Muhammad H J

Jun 05, 2020

If you are a person who just knows how to scroll between cells of excel and nothing else. This course is for you. Imparts all essentials skills. The best part is you will not be able to copy from anywhere and will do all stuff solely yourself so it's a huge learning experience. You will not be able to find the answers to the assessments of this course. So it's a very good learning experience.

By Trey

Dec 25, 2017

This was a great course to make sure that you understand the basics of Excel. The video explanations were definitely helpful in completing the course. The only issue I had was during the final assessment the worksheet to download for some reason was not set right and when trying to autofill it would only go down 10 rows instead of the whole worksheet other than that it was a great course!

By Oriana B G G

Sep 27, 2020

The moment you enter the course, you think you have the idea of how to work in Excel, but you don't. Thanks to this course I have more knowledge about Excel, not only what buttons to use, but what those buttons mean, the different ways to search the tool and use it quickly and efficiently. Thanks for every week to put us in practice, because effectively with practice you get the knowledge.

By Martensite

Jun 20, 2020

Though I had prior understanding with little basics of excel, it was so hard for me to work with numerous tools of excel. After taking passing this course successfully I am pretty confident with excel now. Feels like I am able to play with excel. Thanks goes to the instructors. Specially Miki, She is so cute. I really love her chitchat words gestures. Much recommended course for beginners.

By Paul J B

Dec 14, 2018

This course offers exactly what it claims to. I took it as part of the Excel Skills for Business specialization, and even though I consider myself experienced with Excel, I still learned a few things in this course nobody had ever shown me before. It is a great introduction to Excel for novices as well as a good course to fill any gaps in your knowledge of Excel for more experienced users.

By AYMEN W

Jul 12, 2020

I am a french Excel user for more than 20 years. Tips and informations I learned from this "BASIC" course are really awsome and very useful very useful even for experienced Excel users.

It was an occasion for me to refresh my English !

I highly recommend this course for those who want to learn Excel professionally and methodically. Teachers are also very educational. Big thanks for them.

By Sabbir B

As a self-taught excel user I have known some basic, intermediate, and advanced excel functions. But, I am still stuck sometimes while performing my tasks for some basic functions and tricks, I got to learn all the basic necessities of excel in this course. I highly recommend everyone take this course to uplift their basic excel skill as we ignore these skills but they are very important.

By Randall G

Mar 11, 2018

Well structured course with great explanations and tips for getting the most out of Excel. Plenty of examples and case studies are provided for you to practice on and understand the various features of Excel. I would recommend this course to everyone, including those people who are self taught in Excel and want to polish their skills. Excel is a critical skill to have in almost every job

By Mario C

Oct 02, 2020

Despite already being quite familiar with Excel and having worked with it previously, I found this course to be really helpful. It introduced me to some basic tools that I had never used. In addition to that, it taught me some new concepts about tools which I was already familiar with. The material included is quite sufficient to have a confident grasp of Excel's most essential features.

By AMOL G

about this i would have really apprecited if you had kept some revision session at the end of week 6 as its a weekly course so as to just brush up the knowledge of week 1 before giving the finall assesement paper one would have been eased to attend the exam sooner.

its really good course i am its really about practice and details which we should pay more attention.

thanks for the course.

By Gobinda C S

May 01, 2020

Thank you so much for such a beautiful course. The course structure is pretty much well planned and the course instructors are too good. Although I had the basic working knowledge of MS Excel, this course gave me proper structured knowledge of using the tools. I will be doing other courses soon. Stay safe, Stay Healthy.

Regards

Gobinda Chandra Sahu

Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai

By Md. H R

Jun 20, 2020

In one word, Fabulous. I have learned a lot from this course and my confidence is increasing. It's an effective introduction for the beginners of Microsoft excel. Most importantly I have enjoyed this course a lot. The lectures and practice challenges are pretty interesting. Moreover, it compels you to learn. So, why late! Start learning and you know, "Practice makes permanent." Cheers!

By Saee K

Jun 06, 2020

Yes, This course is very useful to all, especially for commerce students. Teaching style is excellent with simple English. Many practice workbooks are provided to practice and to play with excel. Most amazing part that I learned is to run excel without using mouse. That is awesome!!! .. I highly recommend to all of you to join this course for developing essential basic skills of excel.

By William M

May 01, 2020

I consider myself an intermediate-expert level Excel user, using it extensively for 10 years. This course showed me tips and tricks that would have saved me a lot of time over the years. I highly recommend this course to any Excel users - beginners to experts. All of the lessons and workbooks are very easy to follow and you get to do some real-world type graphing, calculations, etc.

By Nabeel M

Oct 30, 2018

I am very happy and feel proud after completing this course. I got valuable skills. This course will be beneficial for me to get more opportunities. I really appreciate Macquarie University to make such great content of this course and also thanks to Coursera to provide the access to this great course. I will suggest this course to my friends and relatives.

Overall Excellent*****

Thanks.

By Joni H

Jun 23, 2018

I dreaded taking an Excel course because some videos that I tried before were too dull to continue. This course was much different. I had fun learning from Prashan and Nicky! Their videos were fun, but straightforward and encouraging. The short quizzes and videos kept me motivated. I now can see the value in Excel after learning how useful it can be through this course. This was great!