Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. The best way to learn Excel is to use Excel. In this course, learners will solve a broad range of business problems as they apply the Excel skills and techniques they learn along the way. This course uses downloadable Excel workbooks and full data sets with applied examples and practical challenge exercises. This provides learners with countless opportunities to practice their Excel skills while discovering new and useful productivity features of Excel for a variety of business contexts. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KG
Jun 8, 2020

Very good teaching of fundamentals. Everything was explained in a really structured manner. Final assessment was like cherry on the cake as it helped in revisiting what has been taught over the weeks.

PD
Jun 10, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

201 - 225 of 9,192 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Leslie G

Oct 27, 2018

An exceptionally well planned out introduction and overview to the fundamentals of Excel. Although I had business proficiency from on the job learning, this first segment already proved to be of solid value and filled in several gaps in my execution as well as speed of execution. I am very pleased with this course already and greatly look forward to the next segments. This is a very well done learning process!

By AMJAD K

Sep 21, 2020

The Course was top class with very challenging assessments on every video. The subject was well narrated and broken down into much required weeks. The stress on practice was perfect and very much need. It's very important to learn the right terms and tips than to just learn on the job as we do mostly.

Nicky is very engaging with her voice and smiling face. She kept me hooked on the content and is easy to follow.

By Isaac O K

Jan 15, 2021

Excellent course for either refreshing Excel basics or for Excel novices. The course is well-organized, well-paced, has clear and too-the-point videos and additional material. There are good exercises to do before the assessments each week and before the final assessment. As a regular Excel user, I enjoyed the extra Ninja tips and learnt new things by knowing more short-cuts so as to work more efficiently.

By MEERA C

Aug 22, 2019

This was an amazing course. Possibly my favorite experience on Coursera so far, and I have taken a lot of courses. Very engaging instructors, with a fun story based, gradual learning approach grounded in plenty of practice tasks. Excited to explore more of Excel in this specialization, and would seriously consider sticking to Macquarie University for future courses if all of their content is as A+ as this one!

By Leonardo d S

Feb 28, 2019

This course was trully amazing. At the beginning i was a little boried because the lesson weren't so challenging. How wrong i was. During the next weeks, the course began to challenge me in many ways i couldn't imagine previously. I definitely recommend this course for everyone who's looking forward to improve Excel skills and really be in charge of Excel. As Prashan always said: "Practice makes it permanent"!

By P E C

Jun 23, 2018

I'm a beginner/intermediate user of Excel and know the fundamentals. However, I can appreciate the beauty and usability of it and the importance of having an intermediate (or better yet, advanced) knowledge of it no matter your job or your career level. This course is a step-by-step tutorial to help you learn in a way that it's not intimidating or confusing. Once you start the course you'll get addicted to it.

By Edwina-Liz S

Dec 5, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, and the way it was taught. And I especially liked the clever way of how the quizzes and challenges were prepared in order for the student to know whether or not he found the right answer.

I was also amazed by the small things excel can do to facilitate our work and I feel more knowledgeable already about Excel.

Special thanks for the instructors and their amazing ways of teaching.

By P. S

Jun 19, 2020

Coursera is the best platform to learn online sitting home and working at our own pace. It is helping me grow during this lockdown period. In this course, even a small detail is explained so clearly which is a rare feature. I am looking forward to learning as many courses as possible that are related to my work.

I thank my Institution and Coursera for providing me this platform to learn.

Thank you, Coursera.

By Raqib M

May 2, 2020

This course is well organized and planned, understandable guidelines through videos and exams for improving skills. I wish if I had a chance to learn more about all MS Office programs like this course. Hope they will design MS Office programs for Business like this Excel course. I really enjoyed & learnt a lot from this. Advice for my dear peers: Very good course if you want to learn Excel basics to advance.

By José A E C

Aug 29, 2020

Creo que este curso te enseña perfectamente las ventajas de Excel para usuarios que necesitan realizar un trabajo profesional y de la manera mas rápida y eficaz posible. Es un curso muy completo para personas que no tienen ningún conocimiento en el programa Excel e inclusive para lo que tenemos un Excel intermedio es de mucha ayuda, ya que no siempre estamos actualizados ante las nuevas novedades del mismo.

By CHRISTIAN R

Oct 28, 2020

I highly recommend everyone to take this course! I love the clear explanation and examples as well as the well though quizzes and assignments. Makes you not only master Excel but also enhances your reading comprehension. Kudos to everyone involved in the creation of this course and also to Coursera. Thank Depart of Science and Technology - Caraga (Philippines) for the grant. I enjoyed this course so much!

By VIHANG G P

Oct 21, 2020

This is a very interesting, knowledgeable and must have course for every one. Both the instructors, Dr. Prashan Karunaratne and Miss Nikki teach in a simple yet powerful way that the learner say "wow" while learning excel. Indeed "practice makes perfect" is an apt term used by the instructor and it will be helpful to the learners. I will recommend this course to all my friends and colleagues.

Thank You !!

By Erik M

Jun 2, 2020

Tough work and long hours put into it, but it's worth it. It took my years of experimenting with and playing around with excel and not knowing most of it and turned it into a disciplined and structured format for my mind to realize what I had been doing so far and vast gaps that I had been missing. If COVID hadn't happened, I probably would be doing the entire course and other levels, but we'll see now.

By Antonio J L R

Nov 17, 2018

Based in my experience, If you have been using excel for work with data in university, this course it will be too easy for you, although it help me to fill out some gaps i had. Basado en mi experiencia, si has usado antes excel en la universidad, para tratar datos, es posible que este curso sea muy facil para tí, sin embargo a mi me ha ayudado a tapar algunas faltas de conocimiento que tenía. Saludos.

By joana a

Nov 20, 2020

Its is exciting journey on learning. Before i finished it really stock on my mind. The way the teach and explain the module. I clearly understand all the module . From week 1 to week 6.. Theres no dull moments . And the give a pointers and techniques. As well as a short cut command on keyboard .. Thank you very much for this opportunity. I do appreciate all the module. Especially excel spreadsheet ..

By Malee M

Mar 16, 2019

I loved taking this class. I have learned so much more in a few weeks than years working in the office. The videos are great but my favorite part was the down loadable work along worksheets which are provided. I need to practice along and not just watch videos otherwise its very difficult for me to really learn and remember the material so I highly recommend this class to anyone that works an office.

By Merve B

Jul 9, 2018

It is the best course that I have taken on Coursera so far. The teaching methods; clear arrangement of the weekly course contents; the quizzes after each and every course video; weekly challenges; useful tips and etc. are absolutely designed for the students to gain the Excel skills in the most efficient way! I show the gratitude for the creators of this course! Thank you and absolutely recommended!!

By Mohammad O B S

Jun 29, 2020

I Really enjoyed this course. Got me all the basics up and running. I hope i can keep in touch with whatever i have learned from this course. I would like to Thank each and everyone especially Sir Prashan and Madam Nicky who put tremendous efforts to make the practice videos, challenges, quizzes and the practice sheets. They were truly outstanding with the lectures. Short and on point. All the best!

By KEERTHI V S

May 9, 2020

Best course I could have ever got. They explained everything in detailed and did give some time for us to learn it ourselves by trying it out. They also made sure to not over explain everything and gave us space to explore and find new stuff on our own , which in my opinion helps memorizing it. I would encourage anyone in commerce field to go for this course as it helps out big time in the long run.

By mariano r

Sep 28, 2020

Es muy completo, y te brinda toda la información, herramientas y ayuda necesaria para poder realizar todas las actividades propuestas. Al mismo tiempo, los oradores se expresan de forma pausada, permitiéndote ver en la pantalla e ir volcando lo que se explica en el archivo de Excel adjunto, lo cual te permite poder ir haciendo las actividades sin estar pausando y reanudando el video constantemente.

By Muhammad S Q

Sep 10, 2020

It was amazing experience. Teaching method is excellent. I'll recommend this course that everyone should try this course. Now-a-days Excel is essential now, instead of using notebook and calculator for writing and calculations we can use Excel. It was a amazing experience to learn this course. I learnt a lot from this course. The main thing i learnt from this course is " Practice Makes Permanent".

By Isha G

Oct 7, 2019

I loved how detailed yet easy to understand this course was. The instructors were great at articulately explaining everything. The practice workbooks were extremely helpful as I could side by side do the same as what I was being taught.

There were some differences on the Mac version of Excel though that were not acknowledged by the course, and I would really appreciate it if they were.

Thank you.

By Dhanush B

Jul 6, 2020

This was a great opportunity for me to get such a quality online education for a renowned university. The way of teaching is just very simple to understand. Keeping Shawn as an virtual example "Sir Prashan and Madam Nikki " has just made the path simple. Practice video and simultaneous test makes the course most beneficial. End of the day the famous quote stands out "Practice makes permanent".

By Abdulsalam J Q M

Mar 5, 2020

This course was terrific even though I knew the basics of excel and used it. Still, this course provided the information in such an organized method that it has been so helpful and provided me to sink in the essentials very well can't wait for the intermediate. Although the only complaint I would have is that the charts section was too simplified felt very annoying uninformative, unfortunately.

By Muhammad H J

Jun 5, 2020

If you are a person who just knows how to scroll between cells of excel and nothing else. This course is for you. Imparts all essentials skills. The best part is you will not be able to copy from anywhere and will do all stuff solely yourself so it's a huge learning experience. You will not be able to find the answers to the assessments of this course. So it's a very good learning experience.