Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. The best way to learn Excel is to use Excel. In this course, learners will solve a broad range of business problems as they apply the Excel skills and techniques they learn along the way. This course uses downloadable Excel workbooks and full data sets with applied examples and practical challenge exercises. This provides learners with countless opportunities to practice their Excel skills while discovering new and useful productivity features of Excel for a variety of business contexts. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KS
Jun 29, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

VJ
Nov 10, 2020

With this course you learn how to use Excel in your daily life. I recommend it to everyone that starts using excel and the ones that want to become better in understanding how it works and be quicker.

201 - 225 of 9,975 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Martin V

Apr 16, 2021

Though very basic, I found the course both enlightnening and at times challenging (I did not score 100% the first time every time in the assessment quizzes). The course touches on pretty much all aspects of basic Excel usage and the material is presented in appropriate length videos with concise explanations. The workbooks makes it easy to follow and practice with further practice in the Challenges. Practice makes permanent!

By Israel A

Oct 7, 2019

The course is a great one.I really enjoyed every moment of the lesson, it really seem like fun to me more than learning. Unlike other online courses where learning can be so frustrating, the instructors for the course were very clear and distinct.

For the first time in a long time, I am giving a review because it was earn and not to seem supportive. Every moment spent on this course was really worth my time.

#everybodysaywoow

By Gediminas S

Sep 24, 2020

Great for begginers or for someone who have worked with excel previously, but haven't touched it in a while. I though I will just rush through everything, because there would be just a lot of theory. But to my surprise there were a lot of tasks which required to download workbooks and complete tasks in them to get correct answers. So there were a lot more practical tasks than I expected from onlice course and it was GREAT!

By Irene v d M

Aug 30, 2020

This was exactly what I needed. As a self-taught, basic level user this course has given me the fundamentals to understand the tool and to leverage it's utilities much better. It has given me confidence to start exploring the functionalities and to make more of my data. Many thanks to the instructors Nicky and Prashan, you really made this feel like a direct learning experience even though we have never met in a classroom.

By Gianfranco R C

Jun 30, 2020

Excelente curso, es bastante basico para el que ya usa excel, pero enseña mucho para el que va iniciando. Yo domino ingles y español, tristemente el que no sabe ingles no va a poder curzarlo.

Excellent course, it is quite basic for those who already use excel, but it teaches a lot for those who are just starting out. I am fluent in English and Spanish, sadly the one who does not know English will not be able to study it.

By WW

Perfect online course for study by yourself, especially for the confinement of COVID-19 and for adapting the new world after COVID-19. There you can learn the basic and essential tools of Excel. Once you finish your course, it's time for the intermediate course. I am going to try the second one, so how about the next course, I will let another comment about the second one. Keep going because learning never will obsolete

By Karishma K

Sep 28, 2020

I would say that I learn quickly all the bigest as well smallest tools, options and hidden settings to how to create a massive sheet in just a few minutes. Add graphic, formatting to your Excel worksheet to look more professional and representative.l learn a lot and enjoy through the course.cannot wet to use my skill in my further studies and in future. I enjoyed through the course videos and extra work is too helpful .

By Augustin P

Jun 1, 2019

I have finished a course in Excel essentials or as I would say a beginners course. I learned a lot although it took me some time to finish, but now I feel confident in working in Excel when it comes to basics and as I go again through the course for revision, I am really satisfied with my usage of shortcuts on the keyboard. I will for sure keep learning and continue developing my skills through the intermediate course.

By Grzegorz S

May 14, 2018

This course is great, because in short time it's possible to obtain real-life skills, useful in every day work with spreadsheets (actually, what I'd learned for instance in week 2, I applied straight away in my job, making life little easier for myself and my workmates). One remark though - if you decide to take this course, install Excel on your computer, online version is not enough to complete it without any stress.

By Md F R

Jun 23, 2020

I have explored many tutorials to learn these things but couldn't ever be able to find out such this tutorials.This course is designed in such a beautiful manner that any student having just abc knowledge of computer skills & english language can easily be able to perfom the course successfully.My Strong Gratitude to the instructors for putting a tremendous effort to help a student a better understanding. Thank You!

By Manzur A

Feb 24, 2021

I had an excellent time with this course. As I am a beginner in Excel, I found the teaching methodology in this course excellent and very ingenious. I did not know myself that there could be such fun way of learning Excel. In some portions, e.g. Print and Charts, I wondered how are they going to devise tests and assignments for such portions, but they did a brilliant and creative work with these as well. Kudos !!!

By Munshi A M

Apr 26, 2020

This course was exceptionally good. I knew many things but learn a lot of tools which i did not know before this course. The course was designed in a fantastic way. If a person does not know anything about excel can learn a lot of things from this course and can be able to use the learning in any one's day to day life. It was amazing doing this course. I recommend people who want to improve their skills in Excel.

By Julia

Jan 2, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the Excel course and learned so much. I so much enjoyed the explanation and then doing the assignment after. This really helped me with practicing and I aimed to get all the questions right. If I get one wrong, I would go back to the video listen again and repeat the test. I definitely recommend this course for students or professionals who want to sharpen their knowledge. Thank you so much

By Heehyun J

Jun 7, 2019

I knew nothing about Excel and had zero confidence in using it. But this course changed it over. I strongly recommend this course for anyone who feels like they know barely anything about Excel. It might feel a bit too essential from time to time but you'll soon realize such essentials will help you boost through other more difficult tasks! Looking forward to taking different courses in Excel Skills for Business!

By Leslie G

Oct 27, 2018

An exceptionally well planned out introduction and overview to the fundamentals of Excel. Although I had business proficiency from on the job learning, this first segment already proved to be of solid value and filled in several gaps in my execution as well as speed of execution. I am very pleased with this course already and greatly look forward to the next segments. This is a very well done learning process!

By AMJAD K

Sep 21, 2020

The Course was top class with very challenging assessments on every video. The subject was well narrated and broken down into much required weeks. The stress on practice was perfect and very much need. It's very important to learn the right terms and tips than to just learn on the job as we do mostly.

Nicky is very engaging with her voice and smiling face. She kept me hooked on the content and is easy to follow.

By Isaac O K

Jan 15, 2021

Excellent course for either refreshing Excel basics or for Excel novices. The course is well-organized, well-paced, has clear and too-the-point videos and additional material. There are good exercises to do before the assessments each week and before the final assessment. As a regular Excel user, I enjoyed the extra Ninja tips and learnt new things by knowing more short-cuts so as to work more efficiently.

By MEERA C

Aug 22, 2019

This was an amazing course. Possibly my favorite experience on Coursera so far, and I have taken a lot of courses. Very engaging instructors, with a fun story based, gradual learning approach grounded in plenty of practice tasks. Excited to explore more of Excel in this specialization, and would seriously consider sticking to Macquarie University for future courses if all of their content is as A+ as this one!

By Leonardo d S

Feb 28, 2019

This course was trully amazing. At the beginning i was a little boried because the lesson weren't so challenging. How wrong i was. During the next weeks, the course began to challenge me in many ways i couldn't imagine previously. I definitely recommend this course for everyone who's looking forward to improve Excel skills and really be in charge of Excel. As Prashan always said: "Practice makes it permanent"!

By P E C

Jun 23, 2018

I'm a beginner/intermediate user of Excel and know the fundamentals. However, I can appreciate the beauty and usability of it and the importance of having an intermediate (or better yet, advanced) knowledge of it no matter your job or your career level. This course is a step-by-step tutorial to help you learn in a way that it's not intimidating or confusing. Once you start the course you'll get addicted to it.

By Edwina-Liz S

Dec 5, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, and the way it was taught. And I especially liked the clever way of how the quizzes and challenges were prepared in order for the student to know whether or not he found the right answer.

I was also amazed by the small things excel can do to facilitate our work and I feel more knowledgeable already about Excel.

Special thanks for the instructors and their amazing ways of teaching.

By P. S

Jun 19, 2020

Coursera is the best platform to learn online sitting home and working at our own pace. It is helping me grow during this lockdown period. In this course, even a small detail is explained so clearly which is a rare feature. I am looking forward to learning as many courses as possible that are related to my work.

I thank my Institution and Coursera for providing me this platform to learn.

Thank you, Coursera.

By Raqib M

May 2, 2020

This course is well organized and planned, understandable guidelines through videos and exams for improving skills. I wish if I had a chance to learn more about all MS Office programs like this course. Hope they will design MS Office programs for Business like this Excel course. I really enjoyed & learnt a lot from this. Advice for my dear peers: Very good course if you want to learn Excel basics to advance.

By José A E C

Aug 29, 2020

Creo que este curso te enseña perfectamente las ventajas de Excel para usuarios que necesitan realizar un trabajo profesional y de la manera mas rápida y eficaz posible. Es un curso muy completo para personas que no tienen ningún conocimiento en el programa Excel e inclusive para lo que tenemos un Excel intermedio es de mucha ayuda, ya que no siempre estamos actualizados ante las nuevas novedades del mismo.

By CHRISTIAN R

Oct 28, 2020

I highly recommend everyone to take this course! I love the clear explanation and examples as well as the well though quizzes and assignments. Makes you not only master Excel but also enhances your reading comprehension. Kudos to everyone involved in the creation of this course and also to Coursera. Thank Depart of Science and Technology - Caraga (Philippines) for the grant. I enjoyed this course so much!