Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KS

Jun 30, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

KG

Jun 09, 2020

Very good teaching of fundamentals. Everything was explained in a really structured manner. Final assessment was like cherry on the cake as it helped in revisiting what has been taught over the weeks.

276 - 300 of 7,212 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Vincenth R U

Great Experience as a beginner, i need more practice and review all what i take off for me to make sure that all i take is understandable. Thank You Malayan Colleges Laguna for this opportunity and thank you Coursera for this kind of experience. Big Help to us specially we dont have work today just work from home. Thanks and best regards.

By Loh T F

Jul 08, 2020

It was a well prepared and documented course I have ever attended. It was a great and satisfying online specialisation. It was easy and I do not have any problem in completing the entire course.

The explanation was thorough, clear and easy to understand.

A good job, well done , Prashan and Nicky.

Thank you, so much, Prashan and Nicky.

By Miroslav H

May 12, 2020

Wonderful teachers, very interesting presentation and topics. It was exciting to go through this course and gained knowledge is very useful. Advice, go from Essentials course through Advanced course in this specialization in sequential order. There are many things to learn in each course no matter what your previous Excel knowledge is.

By Gabriela G O

Dec 05, 2019

Recomiendo ampliamente este curso. La estrategia didáctica es pertinente y oportuna. Se cumple el propósito de cada semana mediante materiales didácticos y actividades de aprendizaje correctos. Sugiero para los estudiantes que tienen la versión de Excel en español, verificar la combinación de teclas porque no es la misma que en inglés.

By Moza A A

Jul 23, 2020

A perfect course to start kicking out the world of Excel. I have started with a little knowledge and now I feel awesome for achieving a lot. I am no longer afraid of excel and I never thought that it is going to be as a piece of cake !! if you really want to start excelling excel, this course is the perfect match for you. Good Luck !!

By Germán L B L

Mar 15, 2020

I can see the effort of trying to stablish a methodology that fit on the different excel versions and format worldwide in order to make a standardized exam, great job! Also, tips, exams questions and extra material encourage you to find different ways and explore more all excel option...

Thanks i have learned a lot.

By Ellen K

Aug 29, 2020

Excellent class very challenging but feel more confident about my skills in excel. Liked working on the graphs mostly. Liked how I could go back and review what I missed on the test. The instructors were excellent very engaging! The tech department got back to me right away on what I thought might be a tech issue. I would recommend!

By Mohammed A A

Jun 28, 2020

I often felt learning Excel is complicated due to the numerous resources available online and various books. This course is a must do- Although its important that you begin from the Excel essentials course as you end up being surprised with a whole lot of excel functionalities that exist. A must do course i would say. All the best !

By Pragyan S

May 07, 2020

This course was amazing. Hadn't expected all these skills could be learned so fluidly. Loved the ninja tricks and keyboard shortcuts! Now, I am determined to complete all the upcoming parts of this course up to the advanced :)

<3 Thanks Prasant and Nicky; you are great teachers <3

<3 Thanks Macquarie University <3

<3 Thanks Coursera <3

By ANA T

Sep 16, 2019

I find this class very motivating and extremelly helpful! I recently graduated with a degree in Business Administration and I see the importance of having very good excel skills. I'm planning to continue taking these classes until I'm able to master Excel! Thank you for setting up such an exciting and important class for business!

By Priyanshu S

Jun 28, 2020

Starting with another course in this specialization, so it is easily understandable how good this course is, to have a strong foundation, this course is highly recommended. I am going to enroll in the whole specialization as the whole course is structured in a good manner, and made for everyone, also with the one with no knowledge.

By Veronica K

May 02, 2020

Very helpful in learning basic functions of Excel & proper names of things. As an experienced user, I found the videos and practice challenges were extremely useful in teaching more in-depth knowledge, useful shortcuts and detailed descriptions of functions within Excel. I'm excited to move on to the other sections of this course!

By Maria T

Nov 20, 2019

This course is simply amazing. All instructions are provided in a clear manner by both instructors, and the skills i've gained over such a short period of time are simply amazing. It has already made my work much more easier. I didn't know Excel was so much fun! I plan to enroll for the next parts of the course as well. Thank you!

By Yogesh

excellent course before starting this course i dont know much about Excel.Now i know excel really well as practice makes permanent.Thanks to Teacher Nicky and Prashan who made this course and explain it very perfectly."WOW' experience for me.those who dont know much about excel dont think just enroll to this course.Happy learning

By Seif H H E

Apr 29, 2020

THIS course add many information to me. this course is excellent. i have learned in this course how to sum -subtraction-division-multi ply - how to make table- print -furmoula - filter-sort-find and replace - and many many other skills ---- this course is above my expectations - i apprciate and thankful for macquarie university

By ANALY B M

Aug 17, 2020

¡Excelente Curso! Es mi favorito de todos los que he tomado. Los profesores explican claramente y todo el material que te proporcionan para practicar esta muy completo, además los test que ponen al final de cada semana ayuda a que refuerces y notes si algún tema no te quedo claro. Muchas gracias por brindar tan increíble curso.

By Carl D

Apr 12, 2020

Even though i have used excel in my job for many years and basically been self taught - this course has opened my eyes up to lots of functions, short cuts that i was not aware of with save me an excessive amount of time moving forward. I highly recommend doing this cause before trying to do any other more advanced excel courses.

By Rashmi R R

Jun 01, 2020

This course is beneficial, and the instructors have explained the course very nicely. It was helpful for me to learn new things and also some tricks in excel. I will suggest this course to everyone interested in excel. Also, the practice exercises given in the course module were beneficial in brush-up our ideas regarding excel.

By Doris S M H

Aug 24, 2020

I learned Excel SKILLS for business, now i am able to perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, format spreadsheets, create visualizations of data through charts and graphs and Printing .I have more confidence and building up my skills and knowledge. Thank you all the instructors -- Macquarie Business School

By Jeremy L S

Jul 11, 2020

Course is well done for Excel Introduction. All the practice videos and assessments are helpful, but there were some typos on the final assessment for the course. Please revise as the columns are mislabeled on a few questions. Outside of that flawless course and would recommend to anybody looking to hone their Excel skills.

By Sajjadul I

May 12, 2020

This course is tremendous if you expect to start from fundamental of excel learning. However, I believe this program is better favourable for Microsoft Windows users. You will discover some unique ninja techniques as well as crucial learning. Moreover, both instructors created the teaching system more extraordinary & cheerful.

By Abdullah A R

Apr 17, 2020

The assessments were one of the most challenging I had in Coursera. They took basic quizzes after every video to reap the ideas. Also, weekly graded quizzes were there too. Lastly, the final with the limited time was initially very daunting without practice. MUST DO course, as everyone should have the basic knowledge of Excel.

By Tora L C

This course really helped me build confidence with using Excel. It is a pretty comprehensive introduction to Excel basics that was just right for me. A little challenging but not too intimidating. I feel better prepared to use Excel everyday in the workplace and to build on the knowledge gained in this introductory course.

By Karthik N

Jun 30, 2020

It was amazingly structured addressing all types of audience. For me, most of the things were already known. Even then, there would some small feature of Excel which I was not knowing which I learnt through this course. It was gripping and I was hooked on to it right till the end. Amazing pedagogy as well. Kudos to the team!

By Shavell R

Jul 22, 2018

Great introductory course! Lecturers were thorough and made learning fun and the dissecting of information into small chunks at a time, quizzes, weekly challenges and assessments really cemented learning.

Even if you have prior knowledge of Excel, you're guaranteed to learn something new from this course. Highly recommend it!