Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KS

Jun 30, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

RB

Aug 29, 2019

The course was defiantly more than I expected. It not only strengthened what I did know about Excel but it showed me several options that I was not using or haven't found. I would highly recommend it.

7026 - 7050 of 7,705 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Jason C

Aug 07, 2020

Great course! I still believe I got two answers right in a couple of the assessments but the course deemed them as incorrect. However, this was very insightful and helpful. Specially when making the change from sheets to excel. It helps me find all the tools I need within the ribbon area and familiarize myself with the differences between both Business Platforms

By Syed A A

Jun 17, 2020

I enjoyed this courses very much. The content and teaching technique of this course was really appreciable.

The worksheets which are provided for practice, the worksheets with challenges were very helpful to understand the topic and practice it.

However, the pitch of instructor is very low. I had to watch all the videos at the speed of 2x. That should be improved.

By Carlos R A A

Aug 17, 2020

Just a little complain with the final assessment that have a technical issue (reported already)...Question 4: ask for the total Feb Expenditure (Cell P2) but actually P2 is January Expenditure and it was confusing. I place the answer according to the cell referenced because I new the text was incorrect according to the spreadsheet, and this affected my score :(

By Giacomo R

May 06, 2020

I liked how the topic were faced. Some of the icons are changed since this course has been uploaded, but it still comprehensible. I liked Prashan and Nicky too lol. It is really basic, especially for what concern the copy and paste concepts or the print to pdf part, but I think this is because of the public the course wants to reach. So good job!

By Mohammad S A

Feb 27, 2019

Very challenging course. Doable but time consuming. I have done the 6 weeks in 10 days.

I gained a lot of information. Some stuff were not very clear and why we would do it this way, maybe because my mind couldn't comprehend some of it but that doesn't mean I won't move up to the next level. I am going to start the next specialization course !

By PINNA S C

Oct 01, 2020

I have done many more certificates, but I would say that this is the best course I have come across in coursera and is informative. I would recommend this course to many others and will surely ask them to do this course. A special thanks to my mentors Nikki ma'am and Prashan sir. I will surely use these skills everywhere. Thank you once again.

By Dale E

Oct 07, 2020

Some words could be clearer. The sign up process was challenging for Navy paid course. Difficulty verifying email address. Navy network may have presented an issue as system froze at saving. I moved to my personal computer. I think some questions are not clear, but few. I started taking screenshots but it was not worth my time. Overall GTG.

By Shebin S

Aug 13, 2020

An excellent initiative by Macquarie University & Coursera. Very easy to learn and understand. Thanks to Dr. Prashan and Nicky for your wonderful teaching. The practice session is very helpful to evaluate our understanding on the lessons what we viewed on each topic. Highly recommendable for working professionals as well as for freshers.

By Heather L B

Oct 01, 2020

I learned a great deal from this course since enrolling. Some of the lessons can be very challenging to do and learn, but they have helped a great deal when doing the final assessment. Definitely great to bolster your Linkedin profile and makes using Excel easier for budgeting, presentations, and other necessities. Definitely worth it!

By Steve S

Apr 13, 2020

Great refresher course for those looking to reacquaint themselves with a solid working knowledge of the key Excel functions. It's amazing how many things one misses, misunderstands or overcomplicates based on their own earlier self learning. Some challenges with formatting in versions of Windows for MAC but overall a great course.

By Juan M

May 09, 2020

Great way to refresh. Some lessons could of gone into more information, but overall liked the course. I use excel regularly (intermediate understanding) and found some neat short cuts. Showing and doing is key as I learn from practicing. Way more practical to learn shortcuts this way rather than downloading a sheet from online.

By Nathalie R

Due to different keyboards and settings in different countries, some explanations (i.e. shortcuts, monetary values) were not easy to figure out - that made answering some exam questions super difficult. Other than that it is a great course with super interesting content and awesome teachers. Would highly recommend :)

By Rizal S W

May 03, 2020

Overall this course is great but, I think you should fix some bug for final assessment especially in question 4,5 and 19 because I have tried to answer for different formats but end up with the wrong answer and I have no clues to answer or fix the problem. The discussion forum also does not help me with this problem.

By Derenda L

Jun 26, 2020

This course is great!...I really appreciated how I was able to follow along rather easily and able to understand the information relayed...although, I did see in the final that there were some formulas and formatting that we did not go over, but I was able to navigate to the correct information...thanks so much

By valentina d

Apr 19, 2018

It's a great course! In just a couple of weeks I learned so many useful things which have already helped me to improve my daily tasks. Throughout the course I found a couple of questions hard to answer to because of the the way they were formulated, but I contacted the support and they helped straight away

By Glenda H

Sep 27, 2020

I used Excel online to practice the material and a lot of the functions referenced in the course were not available online so it was sometimes difficult to practice. But I still learned a lot of new tricks, tips and tools after 25+ years of using Excel and being totally self-taught. I highly recommend!

By Deborah L

May 06, 2020

The course was very well presented. There were a couple of issues. I'm in the United States and I'm working on Mac. Some of the things don't work the same on the Mac software, and some things are definitely different in the US. It was sometimes confusing and caused a couple of issues in the quizzes.

By Izhar K

Jul 21, 2020

Throughly enjoyed this course throughout the entire course. It is really a great course of Excel especially for beginners and professionals who have just started their career and want to improve Excel which is a ubiquitous tool which is used in every office environment in a corporate environment

By Afzal

Aug 21, 2020

hello !

The Course topics is clear and planned well.

lots of tiny Quizzes Make us to practice everything we learn .

there was a little problem with some quizzes that need inputs in answers that couldn't recognize your answers .

Finally this was a great course with an easy pass.

Thanks !! God Bless.

By Charity I

Jun 12, 2020

Great course for learning Excel. My biggest challenge is that my company has only issued an iPad, so many features in this course are not accessible in the app version of Excel, so I was unable to practice/use for quizzes Would like to have a course option for app only excel features.

By Carmel C

Mar 23, 2020

Very good course. It is clear, and gives you worksheets to practice in, to help you remember everything. However, I think there may be mistakes in the final Assessment tests, where their data doesnt match the data we are given, therefore you may miss an answer on the test. I dont know??

By Shimada, G

Aug 31, 2020

Great order of progression and explanation. I don't know if more of the topics are planned for Intermediate but would like more explanations of charts and it's components. Would like to know if we could bypass lessons for those tasks and tools that I already are familiar with.

By Amit K

Feb 08, 2019

this a very good course for beginners, however it required some more content or some more advance level for the people who are working already with the excel

I have learned so many new things I can say still some would have learned with some more chapters in the course

By Emre K

Dec 02, 2018

Essentials course is designed for excel users with little working knowledge or no prior experience. However it is also useful for self- taught learners with working knowledge that would like to understand excel terminology and improve efficiency and speed in basic operations.

By José M L V

Oct 28, 2018

Estuvo muy bien, me ayudo a repasar lo que he estado haciendo durante muchos años en EXCEL, aprendí tips y atajos para hacer los trabajos más rápido. Solamente que algunas traducciones no son muy precisas y la versión a veces no da el mismo resultado. en general muy bueno.