Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. The best way to learn Excel is to use Excel. In this course, learners will solve a broad range of business problems as they apply the Excel skills and techniques they learn along the way. This course uses downloadable Excel workbooks and full data sets with applied examples and practical challenge exercises. This provides learners with countless opportunities to practice their Excel skills while discovering new and useful productivity features of Excel for a variety of business contexts. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KG
Jun 8, 2020

Very good teaching of fundamentals. Everything was explained in a really structured manner. Final assessment was like cherry on the cake as it helped in revisiting what has been taught over the weeks.

PD
Jun 10, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

176 - 200 of 9,190 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Francesca C

Jan 21, 2021

I started this course at the beginning of Dec.2020 - I had no idea of how to excel in this programme. Thanks to these wonderful mentors, now I am perfectly capable to use with knowledge all the tabs of the ribbon. I've particularly enjoyed the "dollar thingy" part. I didn't know how it was called technically, but I have surely enjoyed the way they were capable of transferring complex language and concepts in very common ones. Thanks!

By Anuj K

Apr 6, 2020

I always used to be scared of spreadsheet software. Thanks to the instructors on this course, I am now able to see and apply the beauty, productivity and smartness of Microsoft Excel. Thank you so much guys. You are absolutely brilliant at teaching and it was a joy to learn from you.

If you are scared of Excel, this is the course made for you. I am enjoying it so much that I can not wait to start the next course in the Specialization.

By Mamdouh F

I hope that my review reaches every single person who contributed to the success of this course. I am grateful to Niki, Pershan and to all those behind the scene working to offer such a high-quality course for those looking to learn Excel professionally. I would ,undoubtedly, recommend this course from Macquarie University; it's taught in a very well-organized way and has a lot of challenging and stimulating exercises and questions.

By Chris G

Oct 23, 2019

Excellent course. I've been using Excel for years and I was certain this was too basic for me - while there were certainly some very simple methods that I wasn't using (and wasting heaps of time).

If you're self-taught at Excel - no matter how much experience you have I would highly recommend this.

PS - If you're trying to get through the course quickly you can do so in a few days so don't let the 6 Week time frame worry you.

Enjoy!

By Sanzhar M

Jan 11, 2021

I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who wish to learn the basics of Excel and for those have already been using Excel. This course was quite easy. The course was brilliant, I use Excel quite frequently but there were a few things that I learnt. The video materials were great, practice quizzes were helpful, and the assignments were quite easy. I'd like to thank Coursera, Macquarie University, Nicky Bull, and Prashan.

Feb 22, 2020

This is a must to do Excel course if you really want to engage and learn the basics,tips and tricks for Excel. Beginners can just go for it.The course is very interesting and productive including the tests ,practice videos and toolbox.This is the best course to start learning Excel.If you already know the basics it is still recommended to go through this course because you might miss out on a lot of things this course has to offer.

By Cy C

Nov 7, 2020

This course have helped me enhanced my skills on how to work out the basic essentials in excel. The subjects are well explained in every videos that could be immediately absorbed. Practice challenges were exciting and challenging at the same time. I loved how they provided tips, shortcuts, as well as the trivia that they have been providing at the end of the week. Looking forward to finish the 4 courses. #PracticeMakesItPermanent

By Beckie S

Apr 22, 2020

Currently I am using Excel 2016 and have transferred my skills from previous version of the program. I was familiar with most of the abilities of the program (even forgot a few because I have not used them in so many years) but learned many short cuts that will be useful in my day to day use of the program. I look forward to moving on to the Intermediate 1 class and continue to build on the basics I have learned in this course.

By Shelley

Aug 5, 2019

Very helpful, I've been using Excel for a long time but really appreciated this beginner course since it filled in some gaps in my knowledge and helped me to develop good foundations. I learned the names of a lot of functionality I didn't know the names to, and I learned a lot of things I didn't know previously! The instructors were also very clear and engaging, and I liked how much practice we got through the hands on exercises.

By Andrew H

Mar 1, 2020

I learned quite a lot, despite using Excel at work for 3.5 years. I am much more proficient and confident in Excel now. The Final Exam was very challenging, and I had to take it twice, but it helped to cement what I learned through the course. I can now work with enormous spreadsheets and create solid charts to help visualize data. I had no idea Excel could do so many things. I am excited for the Intermediate Level Courses.

By Farhan A T

Apr 23, 2020

About this course, I have a lot of things to say but I think I shouldn't. But some parts must be mentioned. If I can ever go to Australia, I will meet with this two amazing Prashan and Nicky. I didn't know anything about Excel but after this course I'm just amazed that I know that much which with I can handle a big company without any hesitation. What a presentation! How beautifully they've tought the total Excel! Just amazing!

By K. N S

Jun 30, 2020

It's an amazing course and it's instructed by equally amazing teachers who beautifully guide you through the entire process. Thank you to coursera and Macquaire University for offering this course. It will help students like myself and also professionals from different sectors to get comfortable with using Excel.

Thank you to Ms. Nicky Bull and Dr. Prashant Karunaratne for their brilliant guidance throughout the entire course.

By Israel A

Oct 7, 2019

The course is a great one.I really enjoyed every moment of the lesson, it really seem like fun to me more than learning. Unlike other online courses where learning can be so frustrating, the instructors for the course were very clear and distinct.

For the first time in a long time, I am giving a review because it was earn and not to seem supportive. Every moment spent on this course was really worth my time.

#everybodysaywoow

By Gediminas S

Sep 24, 2020

Great for begginers or for someone who have worked with excel previously, but haven't touched it in a while. I though I will just rush through everything, because there would be just a lot of theory. But to my surprise there were a lot of tasks which required to download workbooks and complete tasks in them to get correct answers. So there were a lot more practical tasks than I expected from onlice course and it was GREAT!

By Irene v d M

Aug 30, 2020

This was exactly what I needed. As a self-taught, basic level user this course has given me the fundamentals to understand the tool and to leverage it's utilities much better. It has given me confidence to start exploring the functionalities and to make more of my data. Many thanks to the instructors Nicky and Prashan, you really made this feel like a direct learning experience even though we have never met in a classroom.

By Gianfranco R C

Jun 30, 2020

Excelente curso, es bastante basico para el que ya usa excel, pero enseña mucho para el que va iniciando. Yo domino ingles y español, tristemente el que no sabe ingles no va a poder curzarlo.

Excellent course, it is quite basic for those who already use excel, but it teaches a lot for those who are just starting out. I am fluent in English and Spanish, sadly the one who does not know English will not be able to study it.

By WW

Perfect online course for study by yourself, especially for the confinement of COVID-19 and for adapting the new world after COVID-19. There you can learn the basic and essential tools of Excel. Once you finish your course, it's time for the intermediate course. I am going to try the second one, so how about the next course, I will let another comment about the second one. Keep going because learning never will obsolete

By Karishma K

Sep 28, 2020

I would say that I learn quickly all the bigest as well smallest tools, options and hidden settings to how to create a massive sheet in just a few minutes. Add graphic, formatting to your Excel worksheet to look more professional and representative.l learn a lot and enjoy through the course.cannot wet to use my skill in my further studies and in future. I enjoyed through the course videos and extra work is too helpful .

By Augustin P

Jun 1, 2019

I have finished a course in Excel essentials or as I would say a beginners course. I learned a lot although it took me some time to finish, but now I feel confident in working in Excel when it comes to basics and as I go again through the course for revision, I am really satisfied with my usage of shortcuts on the keyboard. I will for sure keep learning and continue developing my skills through the intermediate course.

By Grzegorz S

May 14, 2018

This course is great, because in short time it's possible to obtain real-life skills, useful in every day work with spreadsheets (actually, what I'd learned for instance in week 2, I applied straight away in my job, making life little easier for myself and my workmates). One remark though - if you decide to take this course, install Excel on your computer, online version is not enough to complete it without any stress.

By Md F R

Jun 23, 2020

I have explored many tutorials to learn these things but couldn't ever be able to find out such this tutorials.This course is designed in such a beautiful manner that any student having just abc knowledge of computer skills & english language can easily be able to perfom the course successfully.My Strong Gratitude to the instructors for putting a tremendous effort to help a student a better understanding. Thank You!

By Manzur A

Feb 24, 2021

I had an excellent time with this course. As I am a beginner in Excel, I found the teaching methodology in this course excellent and very ingenious. I did not know myself that there could be such fun way of learning Excel. In some portions, e.g. Print and Charts, I wondered how are they going to devise tests and assignments for such portions, but they did a brilliant and creative work with these as well. Kudos !!!

By Munshi A M

Apr 26, 2020

This course was exceptionally good. I knew many things but learn a lot of tools which i did not know before this course. The course was designed in a fantastic way. If a person does not know anything about excel can learn a lot of things from this course and can be able to use the learning in any one's day to day life. It was amazing doing this course. I recommend people who want to improve their skills in Excel.

By Julia

Jan 2, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the Excel course and learned so much. I so much enjoyed the explanation and then doing the assignment after. This really helped me with practicing and I aimed to get all the questions right. If I get one wrong, I would go back to the video listen again and repeat the test. I definitely recommend this course for students or professionals who want to sharpen their knowledge. Thank you so much

By Heehyun J

Jun 7, 2019

I knew nothing about Excel and had zero confidence in using it. But this course changed it over. I strongly recommend this course for anyone who feels like they know barely anything about Excel. It might feel a bit too essential from time to time but you'll soon realize such essentials will help you boost through other more difficult tasks! Looking forward to taking different courses in Excel Skills for Business!