Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

HJ

Mar 23, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. Before starting this course I even can't plot a simple graph for my reports but then this course helped me learning mind blowing skills. Thanks Macquarie University.

E

Aug 15, 2018

Excellent. I feel so challenged every time I open the workbooks and yet at the end of each week I feel like it's a piece of cake. The videos are very well done - comprehensible and easy. Great job.

1 - 25 of 462 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Joakim E E

Aug 09, 2018

I found the following areas to be particularly useful to learn about:

Combining and Changing Text

Extracting and Finding Text

Named Ranges

COUNTIFS and SUMIFS

Tables and Pivot Tables

By Harry G

Dec 05, 2018

I would like to extend my thanks without exception to everyone who has participated in the creation of this amazing course. Seriously WOW!! Now I just feel very proud of being Macquarie University student knowing that my university has one of the best Excel training courses on all online training platforms.

Thank you so much, looking forward to start Excel Intermediate II soon.

By Musharaf K

Jun 23, 2019

Greetings to all of you

I am very happy to complete my course "Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I". Thanks a lot for offering this online course. I have learnt much more from this course.

thanks again

By Haris J

Mar 23, 2019

By HAMZA F

Nov 16, 2018

It was a good experience. I have learned many new tools and how to work smartly. i recommend every Student and employee to go through this course because excel makes work easier. Thanks Coursera.

By Juan A

Dec 14, 2018

Great

By Françoise V

Dec 14, 2018

Cours très bien mené du point de vue pédagogique

By Nayeem S

Nov 28, 2018

It was learning experience and has enhanced my skills to new le

By Adaora F O

Nov 27, 2018

Wow. I learnt a lot I can use for analysis and forecasting. A great one.

By Justin T

Nov 27, 2018

Loved the course. Very easy to follow, and challenging enough to spur growth.

By Julian L

Dec 15, 2018

Nice course! I learn a lot from it, and i feel more confident about my routine work

By Łukasz M

Dec 15, 2018

Excellent course!

By Hamzah S

Nov 30, 2018

"Excel Skills forBusiness: Intermediate I" was a very helpful to me. I have worked with larger data sets and I never knew many terminologies such as diff. b/w Ranges and Tables. Having Such knowledge makes you quicker and more efficient on excel.

By Ahmad A

Dec 01, 2018

very good course to learn ,

you must learn quickly

By Nathan H

Nov 30, 2018

Amazing course! I recommended this course to anyone who wants to ground their understanding of relativity advanced Excel Skills. The subjects taught in this course will fill in all the gaps in knowledge and give you a broad set of tools to use and the reasoning skills to know which tools to use and when. It has built a fearlessness in me for managing data and creating brilliant reports.

By Ander D A

Nov 30, 2018

Very good and easy to follow

By Fiona R

Nov 30, 2018

Outstanding course. This cleared up a lot about pivot tables for me, and although I have more questions, I will be able to work with pivot charts (new to me) and pivot tables with FAR more confidence. Thank you to the incredible professors and staff who compiled this course and to the TAs who furnished guidance - and the students who asked questions before I did. ; )

By Danielle C

Dec 18, 2018

I enjoyed the course and I am definitely proud of finishing it! On to the next one!

By Marlon A Z Z

Dec 19, 2018

One the best courses that I have done. Great teachers.

By Oxana T

Dec 02, 2018

I highly recommend this course. Excellent presentation of the material, many practical tasks and relevant topics.

By Marco H

Jan 10, 2019

Top!

By Katarina S

Dec 27, 2018

Great course. Easy to understand and very usefull.

By Ha N

Dec 28, 2018

good

By simor l

Dec 28, 2018

great course. real important function in exceil. really like it