Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I, Macquarie University

About this Course

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

By HJ

Mar 23, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. Before starting this course I even can't plot a simple graph for my reports but then this course helped me learning mind blowing skills. Thanks Macquarie University.

By JE

Aug 09, 2018

I found the following areas to be particularly useful to learn about:\n\nCombining and Changing Text\n\nExtracting and Finding Text\n\nNamed Ranges\n\nCOUNTIFS and SUMIFS\n\nTables and Pivot Tables

325 Reviews

By HAYDER SAREM AL-NAJJAR

Must have for everybody

By Shoaib Ahmed Quadri

Apr 21, 2019

Best course layout, criteria and material

By martijn

Apr 18, 2019

Very well explained steps and learned some great things.

By Sifelani Ncube

Apr 18, 2019

That was an excellent course for someone who wants to develop essential skills in excel, such as myself. The teaching team is super-excellent and the content is great, I enjoyed learning all the handy new skills and tackling the challenges. I feel empowered and more confident to use Excel. This is definitely a must-do course!

By Dhruv Maheshwari

Apr 17, 2019

Very useful !!

By Onkar

Apr 16, 2019

It helps in every possible aspects that we required for Enterprise

By Md. Shafiul Islam

Apr 15, 2019

Excellent...Recommend everyone to enroll this course.

By Roberto Bonsignore

Apr 14, 2019

I'm really satisfied of the teaching methodology and the course content. I've just learned a lot of things that i never studied during my university studies. The lessons are particularly impressive and they allow everyone to understand and to start using the most important functions of Excel. The Business background related to every single exercises is also useful in solving practical management and financial issues.