Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

RZ
Jun 5, 2020

Wow, I have no word to say about this course. Its video content, Structure is awesome. The tutor is good. Week assignments and quizzes are always ready to make our practice and make concept permanent.

OD
Jul 28, 2020

The length of the video lectures are just right and the numbers of exercises or quizzes are just right. Learned a lot of new things about Excel's functionality. A huge step from the Essentials course.

176 - 200 of 2,441 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Masnoena N

Aug 7, 2020

This course is so well set out and it covers everything step by step. I would suggest that if you are pursuing this course to go through it with the videos and also complete the Practice. I can honestly say that I have learnt a lot in this course.

Thank you.

By Taylor P

Jul 12, 2020

The format of this class is incredible. Students are given the opportunity to practice every skill and function that they learn, with the motto "practice makes permanence" echoed in each lesson. Instruction is clear and thorough. Would highly recommend it!

By Olaniran S O

Apr 20, 2020

i am so blessed to be associated with cousera, this course has taught me things i could never know on my own, i am grateful. i am looking forward to starting a new career with this new skill and knowledge and taking more of other series of excel. Thank you

By Chris G

Oct 30, 2019

This was a great course - text functions were tricky but the lessons on Named Ranges, Tables and Pivot tables were fantastic. I had never used Tables or even named ranges before and wasted untold hours selecting ranges and using slow sort/filter processes.

By MANSI A

May 29, 2019

With the help of this course I have now a command over excel. I would definitely recommend this course to everyone who wants to organise their data effectvely and efficiently. Also, I would like to thanks the faculty for such great lessons on the subject.

By Maryna M

Oct 12, 2020

This course is so worth every minute and every penny. Very informative, well structured with plenty of opportunities to practice. Highly recommended for people who wish to develop their Excel skills thus enhancing their performance and saving their time.

By Kunal K

Nov 23, 2020

It was a great course, I got to learn everything from the basics and got an idea as to how important and how essential excel is and what is its real potential. It was a wonderfully carved course which taught me a lot of skills and made Excel easy for me

By Nicolas Y S d P

Aug 28, 2020

Excellent course, I learned a lot! There was only a small problem with the files from week 4 , because there was an argument for a function "(...."yyyy") that in the portuguese version had to be replaced by (..."aaaa") to represent the year correctly.

By Darryl B

Jul 19, 2020

A great course even if you feel comfortable with MS Excel. I was comfortable with some of the tools that were taught in the class but the content was a nice mental stretch that allowed me to learn some things. I think that I can become an Excel master.

By Anna C

Mar 3, 2019

It helps you to construct really powerful datasets with more advanced charts and pivot tables. Consolidate tools also was one of the high points in this course! Very important skills in Excel that everybody should learn. I highly recommed this course!

By Praphat C

Aug 2, 2020

it's one of my greatest online course. easy to follow, clear direction and appropriate practical lesson which not too hard but not too easy. Only drawback with the discussion clip between two people that was slightly poor voice recording but it's ok.

By Iftekher A K

May 2, 2020

Excellent course to discover the power of excel.This course gives a glimpse of some of the advanced options like pivot table,slicer,named range,3-D formula,consolidation and many others.This course will enable one to become a power user of excel.

By Hamzah S

Nov 30, 2018

"Excel Skills forBusiness: Intermediate I" was a very helpful to me. I have worked with larger data sets and I never knew many terminologies such as diff. b/w Ranges and Tables. Having Such knowledge makes you quicker and more efficient on excel.

By Lyonel S

Sep 26, 2018

A good course. Gives good tips and explains clearly. Videos, Practices and Assessment materials make it largely enough in my opinion to get a grasp of the features. I did not go through the optional challenges and material due to time restraints.

By Kaustubh P

Apr 26, 2020

Absolutely recommend doing this course even if you are using excel for a long time. The learning is nicely structured and there are lot many things which we do not know in excel even though we use it daily. This course has made my tasks easier.

By Bintang A N

Oct 18, 2020

Excellent tutor, materials delivery, and fantastic details from this course I am blessed that Nicky and Dr.Prashan are gonna be my next tutor for my quest to be an advanced in excel for business! God bless both of you and Macquaire University!

By Sandrine M

Aug 29, 2020

Highly recommend this intermediate course! It is well taught. The videos are easy to understand, the practice exercises are plentiful. This course really helped me built my confidence with excel. I have learned a lot and will continue learning

By Ashutosh D

Oct 6, 2019

Amazing ! Totally amazed the way this course is structured and how entire curriculum been organized. Never Knew excel learning can be so fun and organized. Extremely grateful to entire teaching staff who managed to pull this off so gracefully.

By Yaron K

Feb 6, 2018

An excellent specialization, which covers Standard Excel from the basics to advanced features, with clear explanations and many examples. The course motto is "Practice makes Permanent" and the assignments definitely help learn the material.

By Audrey L

Jul 2, 2019

Very clear and well divided into small sections that are easy to process, while still being highly informative! The training contains a lot of useful tips and reviews functions and features that I could apply to my work. Highly recommend it!

By A. T

Jul 30, 2018

Game ON! Excel is a powerful tool and if you meet the right teachers - they can teach you so much more about it. And you'll gain confidence. I think that I've met professional teachers at Macquarie University. I highly recommend this course.

By NISAT M P

Apr 30, 2020

Excellent Course with great content. The teaching methodology used is doing wonders in the course for me. In detail explanation. Materials provided are very useful to practice along with the lectures. The assignments are designed very well.

By Heather S

Jan 13, 2020

I recently was asked to join the Board of a new nonprofit organization in the capacity of Business Director. What I have learned in this class, and what I will learn in future Excel classes, will be fundamental in my duties as the Director.

By Herman D

Aug 21, 2020

Very exciting and motivating. It the course is well designed to keep you wanting to do more and prove yourself of getting better at Excel. I am very happy to have enrolled in the course.

A BIG THANKS TO ALL THE INSTRUCTORS. I LOVE YOU ALL!

By Ms. A P

Jul 12, 2020

I really had no idea that excel has so exciting & efficient features which I could learn. It is extremely required to do handle big data in business. Thank you coursera & Macquarie University for explaining in such an easy & efficient way.