Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

RR

Jun 06, 2020

Wow, I have no word to say about this course. Its video content, Structure is awesome. The tutor is good. Week assignments and quizzes are always ready to make our practice and make concept permanent.

HJ

Mar 23, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. Before starting this course I even can't plot a simple graph for my reports but then this course helped me learning mind blowing skills. Thanks Macquarie University.

226 - 250 of 1,500 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Amit L S

Mar 04, 2020

Excellent course......this course is well designed. It has lot of practice exercise, quizzes that make my concepts permanent. Last but not least teachers are just wow....

By Rishi G

Oct 20, 2018

I find this course exceptionally helpful in everyday excel usage in office and in personal matters. It has allowed me to explore the unknown areas of excel without fear!

By Rini O Z Q

Jun 25, 2020

This course was made really easy to understand. The videos and practices are in bite-size amount.

I finished it during my maternity leave! Planning to continue further.

By Simón C R

Apr 20, 2020

This course is outstanding. Teachers explain every single topic in a very nice way, so everybody can understand what they want to teach. I highly recommend this course.

By Vineet D

Apr 19, 2020

Very beautifully designed and very well instructed. Learned key concepts like Slicers, Pivot Tbales, Tables, Consolidation, Sparklines, Usage of Formulas and much more.

By Kishlay J

Apr 09, 2020

This was a wonderful course. It doesn't only teaches how to use tools, but also makes us capable of knowing whet to use on our own. Impressed by the pedagogy. Thanks !!

By Andrew H

Mar 29, 2020

Excellent course. This builds on the Essentials and introduces a great variety of new tools and methods. I feel much more confident in Excel and can work much faster.

By May A

Sep 02, 2018

Excellent course! Easy to follow and understanding. Much quicker in learning the highlighted Excel skills for business than self-learning from reading books on Excel!

By Fahim A R

Jun 12, 2020

The best excel course on Coursera! You will learn the functionalities you should have learned long ago! Moreover, it gives you total control while working with excel!

By Thomas C

Apr 15, 2020

Excellent course that provided the basics of Microsoft Excel. Structured well to allow for flexible schedules. Would recommend, especially for Week 6 (Pivot Tables)

By Gabriel F P

Nov 28, 2019

Excente curso!! asombrosa metodologia de estudio, si bien siempre me consideré un estudiante medio avanzado pude mejorar varios aspectos de mis habilidades en excel!!

By Pranay B

Jun 02, 2020

Great course with a detailed explaination.

According to me, the best part of the course was the pace at which the discussions and teachings took place. Perfect course

By Arjun A

This course was challenging but thoroughly enjoyed the way the course is taught and assessed. A really good course for anyone wanting to learn to apply for business.

By Arnab P

Jun 17, 2018

This is a must for anyone who wants to know Excel properly without using shortcuts in learning curve. The best things are the practice exercises and the assignments.

By GOPINATH S

Jun 09, 2020

Valuable course. The practice files, and assessment were challenging and interesting. Highly recommended for those who wants to thrive through excel package skills.

By Christopher A

May 07, 2020

The team do a great job of explaining the content while making it fun. Hopefully all the practice examples will help me retain what I've learnt. Everyone say "Wow!"

By Michael J H J

Sep 16, 2019

There was an excellent build-up in difficulty in the course. The course taught many essential business skills that I applied immediately in the workplace. Thanks!

By ujjwal

This course was really helpful. Learned lots of new features provided by Excel and amazing instructors. Looking forward to enroll in other course through coursera.

By Rujul B

May 19, 2019

Excellent Course with amazing practice challenges. I found practice challenges to be the best and it improved the efficiency as well as made the concepts stronger.

By Abdul H R

Jun 04, 2020

This course was very useful to learn about some amazing features of excel which will definitely help me in my professional career. Thank you Macquarie University.

By SREEHARAN B N

Apr 06, 2020

Excellent! Learned a lot! Very interactive! Superb way to make us to learn! Thank you so much to all the teachers! By the way, would like to thank Uma and Sean!!!

By Eduardo R O S

Nov 27, 2019

Uno de los mejores cursos que he tomado. Los videos son cortos y directo al grano. La explicación es fácil de entender y todo lo que enseñan tiene mucha utilidad.

By Winston D

Jun 04, 2020

Wonderful course with a great amount of practical learning. Ninja tips are super helpful. Instructors have designed the course very clearly helping the learners.

By Babak K

Jan 18, 2020

it was a perfect sets of skills learnt. it a must learn sets of skills. the instructors were awesome and all their teachings and instructions were crystal clear.

By Utkarsh J

Apr 11, 2020

There are always things to learn, and I sure didn't know a lot of things that existed in Excel before this! Brilliant teaching, brilliant quizzes, thanks a lot!