Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

CM

Aug 23, 2020

I love this course a lot! Thank you very much for this course. It is easy to understand and follow. The practice challenges are so fun to do. Looking forward to the next course in this specialization.

RZ

Jun 06, 2020

Wow, I have no word to say about this course. Its video content, Structure is awesome. The tutor is good. Week assignments and quizzes are always ready to make our practice and make concept permanent.

226 - 250 of 2,307 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Mohit A

May 05, 2020

Really a great course to be taken by everyone who is seeking job in industry.

This course is fully packed with practice videos, practice challenges, quizzes etc, which makes it different to others. Really a great course.

By Arshjot S

Apr 01, 2020

Really Liked the explanation of each and every important thing in all the topics. I liked the level of exercises but I felt somewhere the language of the questions was bit confusing to understand the question perfectly.

By Andrés T R

Aug 20, 2019

This course is really interesting and it's the first course of this specialized program that gives you a more in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and lots of tools to start doing more complex tasks and analyzing data.

By Marco N

Aug 23, 2020

It's impressive how many tools and technique you lrearn during the course. Example are not trivial and are business related so very realistic. The course is addictive. You're always looking forzwrd to the next lesson.

By Dhanush B

Jul 12, 2020

With a firm base through Essentials, cracking Intermediate I was easier. Once again a great round of applause and heartful thanks to the Director and the training teachers for making this course efficient to its best.

By Utsav M

Jun 11, 2020

An evident feeling of confidence within me to use excel in a much more efficient way. Learnt a lot of new functions that will surely make my life easier in the future. Looking forward to the next level of this course.

By Ronal O

Sep 05, 2020

Amazing course. During each week you will learn different skills which you will be able to understand quickly. The explanations are easy to process, and the assignments will help you to consolidate the new knowledge.

By Kartiki L

Jul 24, 2020

This course is awesome! Thank you to all the instructors. The course is a perfect combination of videos and practice sets. Thank you, Coursera for making such brilliant content available for free during the Pandemic.

By AbdurRahman

May 06, 2020

it was an amazing course offered by the concerned university, tutor, course content, quiz and all other stuff was amazing and challenging, now i'm trying to enroll in Intermediate II course so may excel in my career

By Aikaterini S

Mar 21, 2020

Very detailed, well structured and comprehensive course, follows a good pace in the learning process.

Useful for more professional reporting. I am very pleased I had all this knowledge in such a short period of time

By A. N M E M

Sep 30, 2020

Work through excel and be a specialist on it will bring you an interesting skill to play with data. This course will help you to make yourself one step ahead to be a specialist! Learn, enjoy & implement. Thank you!

By Ian A

Aug 03, 2020

This course is really well done. I have learned a tremendous amount that I can use immediately and make my work life much better. I really appreciate all the time and effort put into making such a wonderful course.

By SANDEEP M

Jul 05, 2020

This course is excellently designed, and the material is great.

The topics are arranged in proper sequence, the instructors have taught really well, and the test gives a very good revision of all the topics covered.

By Wael H

Mar 08, 2020

Excellent and i recommend it strongly to any employee who uses MS Excel in his work as this will add much more efficient, effective and time-saving techniques a part from the view enhancements that you learn here..

By Inese K

Jul 16, 2019

Excellent! I work with excel some years, but in this course learn many new things that are great for me in future! Lectures (video and quizzes are fine, thy give new knowledge for everyone who want learn)

Thank you!

By Naveen A

It is an amazing course with lots of hands on. Thank you so much for bringing out this course so well. I specially like the presence of large number of assignments that helped me to mastery the concepts very well.

By Zeyad A

Oct 07, 2020

starting with consolidate was not wise, an easier topic would have been better, like table for example , but overall the course is really helpful and smooth, and user friendly, it had all what I needed and more.

By Oluwafemi M A

May 03, 2020

The faculty, the learning tools and the sequence are excellent! I'm more confident to use Excel now and intend to complete the four modules. University of Macquarie, thanks for providing this great opportunity. .

By MIHIR R J

Sep 01, 2020

Great Course! Just would like to tell one thing. Can Mr. Prashan stop saying, "Practice makes Permanent" every single time. It's damn irritating to hear it all the time. Rest assured, everything is just superb!!

By PADMASIRI M

Aug 16, 2020

Actually this course is very important for my feauter life

i start excel essential and now i complete excel immediate part 1

there are Simple vedio explaine and patrical exam

I recommend this course is very good

By Rohit K

Jul 07, 2020

Loved this course!! This course has offered me a realm of advanced excel skills used in a day-to-day business setup. Highly recommended for excel beginners to have a hand on the skills mentored by Excel experts.

By Marie C

Jun 03, 2020

You learn a lot more than you think you do. It isn't until the final assessment that I realised how far I had come and how much I could do. Things I would never have previously attempted are now very achievable.

By Mandar K

Jun 02, 2020

The delivery of course content is absolutely fantastic. Providing ready-made worksheets for practicing is very much appreciated. Also, solving practice challenges helped quite a lot to test the concepts learned.

By Niceson S

Mar 28, 2020

The course was extremely helpful and I learned many new and essential skills required in Excel to be a better professional, and I could identify many of my skill gaps. Thank you everyone who worked behind this.

By Abhay S

Jul 11, 2020

A really well-prepared and delivered course.

All the assignments, quizzes, and challenges were really good and made the learning more fun. Learned a lot and will be moving forward for Intermediate 2. Thank you.