Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

OD
Jul 28, 2020

The length of the video lectures are just right and the numbers of exercises or quizzes are just right. Learned a lot of new things about Excel's functionality. A huge step from the Essentials course.

RZ
Jun 5, 2020

Wow, I have no word to say about this course. Its video content, Structure is awesome. The tutor is good. Week assignments and quizzes are always ready to make our practice and make concept permanent.

251 - 275 of 2,764 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Bharat P

Sep 19, 2020

What a superlative course. So much about Excel that I was unaware of from consolidation, to tables, to how NOT to always use the concatenation function... how to manipulate with unpredictable characters... All just wonderful!

By Alaktham A

Jul 22, 2020

Really Clear and straight forward, awesome teachers lots of materials for practice, and sharpen your skills. I'm definitely more confidant with using excel, moving to the intermediate II. highly recommend the 1st two courses.

By Riccardo M

Jun 17, 2019

One of the best Excel courses I've ever attended.

It really teaches you what you need to know to step up your Excel skills and impress your colleagues at work.

Well done!

Can't wait to start the Intermediate II and the Advanced.

By Gachuhi M

Jan 3, 2021

These courses are just wonderful. Excel is truly a powerful tool, and you may think that you know all of it. If you personally taught yourself Excel (From Youtube), You really need these courses. Thank you to the Excel Team

By Ian S

Apr 14, 2020

Very good course. I thought I was relatively proficient with Ms. Excel, but this course opened up so many doors and taught me how to change some of the things I've been done already to make life easier. Highly recommend it.

By Aditya A

Aug 20, 2020

Very nicely curated course, good learning videos and some ninja tips on top of that. Really recommend to people who work with lots n lots of data and want them to be better organized and be ready for any kind of reporting.

By Filipa D

Apr 20, 2020

I really loved this excel course.It's so complete! has exercises to make sure you learned and short videos to teach you. I am so happy that I find this course. I will continue for the next ones. thank you for the good job!

By Veekshit U A

Sep 11, 2020

Excellently structured course covering significant aspects of excel. Practice,Quizzes and tests made the concepts even more stronger.I really recommend this course for any one who wishes to further enchance excel skills.

By Yaser Z

Apr 20, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. Thank you very much Professor Yvonne, Prashan & Nicki, you guys have brilliantly designed the course format and everything was well explained. Looking forward to start with the next level.

By Darby G

Oct 6, 2020

Videos and practice challenges are really easy to learn from. Great to go back and re-watch video and read transcript if you can't remember how to do something. Lots of good exercises and learnings to use in my job role.

By Prashant B

Jul 21, 2020

Challenging, a bit more and clear explanation could have been provided for the Data Consolidation part. Other than that, I was able to follow all instructions smoothly and attempt the quizzes and challenges successfully.

By CHRISTOPHER A D V

Jun 3, 2020

It was a great course! I enjoyed the course all 6 weeks. Easy to understand and really helpful. It helped me to see a more useful excel for data analyzing data and extract important data we use daily.

Thank you Coursera!

By Yousuff p

May 2, 2020

The course is amazing, can able to learn the advance skill of excel in an very easy way and can able to learn easily and also gives value to the certificate, Only request to moderator is to add more practical challenges.

By Mohit A

May 5, 2020

Really a great course to be taken by everyone who is seeking job in industry.

This course is fully packed with practice videos, practice challenges, quizzes etc, which makes it different to others. Really a great course.

By Arshjot S

Apr 1, 2020

Really Liked the explanation of each and every important thing in all the topics. I liked the level of exercises but I felt somewhere the language of the questions was bit confusing to understand the question perfectly.

By Andrés T R

Aug 20, 2019

This course is really interesting and it's the first course of this specialized program that gives you a more in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and lots of tools to start doing more complex tasks and analyzing data.

By Linda K S G

Dec 8, 2020

An excellent course to improve your performance skills as an Excell User. Very recommended, wonderful practice exercises and clear explanation of all process. Congratulations and thank you for teaching us how to learn.

By Rachelle A S

Nov 11, 2020

I had a lot of fun while doing this course specially with doing the Table and Pivot. I've learned so much and super glad that I now knew how to make a great report. Great job and thank you so much for the great course!

By JDSchwind

Jan 18, 2021

Great practice and in-depth samples of how to create and extract spreadsheet data. Discussion forums were a great opportunity to help other learners which can help validate one's level of knowledge of Excel functions.

By Marco N

Aug 23, 2020

It's impressive how many tools and technique you lrearn during the course. Example are not trivial and are business related so very realistic. The course is addictive. You're always looking forzwrd to the next lesson.

By Dhanush B

Jul 12, 2020

With a firm base through Essentials, cracking Intermediate I was easier. Once again a great round of applause and heartful thanks to the Director and the training teachers for making this course efficient to its best.

By Utsav M

Jun 11, 2020

An evident feeling of confidence within me to use excel in a much more efficient way. Learnt a lot of new functions that will surely make my life easier in the future. Looking forward to the next level of this course.

By Michael R

Dec 13, 2020

This course is really well thought out. I am a reasonably experienced Excel user from a decade ago and this helped me get up to speed on many advancements that were either new or didn't exist when I was using Excel.

By Ronal O

Sep 5, 2020

Amazing course. During each week you will learn different skills which you will be able to understand quickly. The explanations are easy to process, and the assignments will help you to consolidate the new knowledge.

By Kartiki L

Jul 24, 2020

This course is awesome! Thank you to all the instructors. The course is a perfect combination of videos and practice sets. Thank you, Coursera for making such brilliant content available for free during the Pandemic.