Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

CM
Aug 22, 2020

I love this course a lot! Thank you very much for this course. It is easy to understand and follow. The practice challenges are so fun to do. Looking forward to the next course in this specialization.

OD
Jul 28, 2020

The length of the video lectures are just right and the numbers of exercises or quizzes are just right. Learned a lot of new things about Excel's functionality. A huge step from the Essentials course.

276 - 300 of 2,434 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Bobby S

Sep 22, 2020

This is an excellent course! The tutors, the content, the pace, the activities are perfect. Not only have I learnt Excel, but also have learnt how to design and deliver an engaging and fantastic course.

By Orion A D

Jul 29, 2020

By Carol A G

Jul 8, 2020

Thank you! I learned a lot from this course. Looking forward to enrol in the next level Excel course.

Keep up the good work. You are helping a lot of students and even professionals with this course.

By Ronit B

Sep 30, 2020

This is so far the best Excel course that I have encountered. By the end of the 1st week, I enrolled in the next two courses provided by the same school as well. Extremely impressive and a must-do.

By Julie A W

Sep 14, 2020

Excellent course. The content is challenging for someone familiar with Excel looking to refresh and enhance skills. I definitely recommend taking the Essentials course before beginning this course.

By Eva Š

Aug 15, 2018

Excellent. I feel so challenged every time I open the workbooks and yet at the end of each week I feel like it's a piece of cake. The videos are very well done - comprehensible and easy. Great job.

By Juan A M A

Jul 23, 2018

I want to congratulate all the people behind this course because just as in the essentials course, the way lessons are organized and explained are just perfect. Thank you for this wonderful course.

By MD N T

Oct 17, 2020

Just WoW !!! I really happy that i take these courses . I learn a lot but need to learn more. Thanks to all teachers specially Nicky mam for excellent teaching style. Getting ready for next task.

By Julia S

Jun 11, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! It has taught me a lot about Excel and its more advanced functions. Besides, the way all the topics are approached is very clear and easy to understand. Thank you! :)

By Saurav V S

Aug 21, 2020

Very useful course for those who have limited experience with Excel features. Videos and explanations are clear and informative. I already find myself applying a lot of these tools in daily work.

By Khishigbayar D

Nov 23, 2020

Excellent course, the instructors are very competent. All course videos, tests and exercises are very well produced. I have learned a lot from this course. I can recommend this course to anyone.

By waheed s

Sep 25, 2020

Exceptional Stuff! Kudos to the team that has put this course together. Thoroughly enjoyed this course. Looking forward to more such courses from Macquarie University and Coursera Collaboration.

By Munshi A M

May 2, 2020

The course was real hard but fantastic. I admit that i have learnt a lot of new things which can surely be helpful for me in future. I just loved this course. Thanks to the course instructors.

By Fazle R

Jul 24, 2020

That was really amazing to do all those calculations using such simple techniques. The two instructors are so much good and expert in teaching. I must say I am impressed. Thanks a lot to you.

By Luqman S

Jun 8, 2020

This was a highly informative and very fun course. It challenged me and gave me the right pathway, in order to find ways to use the skills I learn in this course in my own educational career.

By Justice B

Oct 13, 2020

wow, this courses has really improve my confidence and my ability to use excel to perform some of the advance calculation I had no idea of. Thanks to the coursera family for this opportunity

By Vineet J

Aug 2, 2020

Thank you Prhsant sir and Nikky for always encouraging to practive more that makes permanent . I will continue to work on my skills and work on weak areas that need more actions Cheers <3

By Arindam S

Jun 30, 2020

Most compelling part of this course was the exams! Really it is. It was fun to participate in those. Learnt many new skills and I am hopeful to implement these successfully in my daily work.

By Asif-Uz-Zaman K S

Sep 30, 2020

Best course that I've ever taken. I hope that I will be able to complete the specialization also. Thank You Dr. Prashan Sir and Ms, Nikki. I literally have no words to express my gratitude.

By SANDEEP K K

Jun 29, 2020

I loved the course so much and the professors who taught the course were really fantastic. I fell in love with their teaching methods. And I am looking forward to my next course. Thank you.

By Batıhan D

Sep 11, 2020

It was a great course that has challenged me over the weeks. I have gained a huge knowledge of Excel at intermediate level. I will definitely keep learning with the Intermediate II course.

By Gabriel M K

Apr 15, 2020

This is amazing course. Instructors are so soft speaking, and the teaching style is so motivating that makes me learn more and more.

I am going for higher level course as soon as possible.

By Ismail h

Sep 23, 2020

It has an excellent pace of learning with increasing difficulty that is adaptable. The topics covered are quite useful and I can see myself using them more often during my work projects.

By Rishi R

Aug 6, 2020

This course really helps me a lot to gain skills in a very simplest and understanding ways ,course design structure is very nice and very helpful to me and many others .

By Poornima M M

It was really informative and useful course. The video lectures and instructors explanations are clear and ninja tips and shortcuts taught in the course made the learning more efficient.