Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

CM
Aug 22, 2020

I love this course a lot! Thank you very much for this course. It is easy to understand and follow. The practice challenges are so fun to do. Looking forward to the next course in this specialization.

RZ
Jun 5, 2020

Wow, I have no word to say about this course. Its video content, Structure is awesome. The tutor is good. Week assignments and quizzes are always ready to make our practice and make concept permanent.

301 - 325 of 2,433 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Roxana E

Jul 22, 2020

This course was great for me. I learned a lot of things, such as reporting, pivot tables, the importance of the named ranges, working with text and dates. Totally worth it! :) So happy!

By Emmanuel O O J

Nov 17, 2019

Incredible! It is so simple but teaches things that I have been either confused about or just using without really understanding what I was doing for the last decade lol.

AMAZING COURSE!

By Rossana G

Mar 30, 2019

this course is especially designed for you to learn the best and efficient way to use Excel. Fallowing all the professor's advice you will become in an expert of this powerful program.

By Tejas P

Oct 22, 2018

Excellent course! Course structure is well thought out and perfectly designed. This course, along with the rest of the specialization, is hands down the best learning resource on Excel.

By Gillian R

Sep 22, 2020

A really great course to learn intermediate skills in excel. The practice videos are easy to understand and the quizzes are mostly based on the practice videos and practice challenges.

By Walter Y

Aug 5, 2020

What a great course! TY, Nicky and Prashan. Nicky's narrative sparks patience. She spread a much needed endurance to get you through the practice and challenge videos. Happy "slicing!"

By Ishika G

Jul 28, 2020

One of the best courses on Coursera. It makes you understand Excel so easily. I'm loving my journey of learning Excel and looking forward to learning more! Thanks to Prashan and Nicky!

By Muhammad Z

Apr 27, 2019

I like this a lot, Great lectures. Energetic. Great structure. I am happy with the content of the course, like the case-based approach. Lectures were nicely structured and presented.

By Hannah M R

Nov 9, 2020

This is such a great course. I'm glad I proceed with the Intermediate I right after Essentials. Kudos to the team for working really hard to help increase excel knowledge of students.

By Jorge M C G

Sep 30, 2020

Excellent course. Many topics showed things I never thought were possible with Excel.

Easy to understand lessons, valuable application files of what was taught at the end of each week.

By Ramesh K

Sep 27, 2020

A greatly structured course. Really clear and engaging content. The course is really fun, highly engaging, and one can learn the excel skills in an easy, effective, and efficient way.

By Laura C M A

Aug 30, 2019

I really learned a lot!. I was always thinking that I´m bad for online course; but with this course, in particular, I felt really good. Because of the methodology. Thank you so much!

By Bhupendra K

Jun 29, 2020

This course on Excel is an excellent learning for me, it will definitely help me in day to day use of huge amount of data in excel to improve productivity and save time for analysis.

By Sagar J R

Jun 14, 2020

Wow!!! what an amazing course, I really learned a lot about excel through this course, the instructors are great and I am certainly looking forward to start their next excel course.

By Christie M W

Dec 11, 2019

WOW what I didn't know from learning on my own sooooo many years ago, and what has changed or been added just blew me away. I am very happy with the format of the learning as well.

By Owen O A

Oct 25, 2020

This is an excellent course for building up on fundamental knowledge in excel. It is a buildup at the right pace, and at the right level and as such comes highly recommended by me.

By DEBASHISH P N

Sep 19, 2020

If any one wants to handle huge sets of data and want to analyze in form of charts and pie graphs.....then, this intermediate course will help u a lot. THANK U MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY

By Yhonico A C

Jul 16, 2019

This Course is amazing, i find this unbelievably useful, I usually solving excel problem through search engine and I can't believe I have found 70% of my answer here in this course

By Ralph J R

Jul 3, 2020

An Excellent course to improve you Excel skills. Weekly practice challenge and practice sheets for ever lecture will truly enhance you ability to master this powerful application.

By Chris R

Apr 29, 2020

The intermediate course is done as well as the basic course though I would caution that until you use these applications frequently, you will likely need to refer to past content.

By Gautam A K

Aug 5, 2019

Excellent course, well structured and presented. To get the total benefit of this course, I would recommend completing all courses in the Excel Skills for Business Specialization.

By AB. M F R

Oct 2, 2020

This course really surprised me. I learned how to convert "At a Glance No clue" data to a "Eye Appealing Summarized" data using Pivot tables and charts. Amazing. Just amazing. :D

By Moawia A

Sep 13, 2020

than you very much for all the teacher. this is the best excel course. I have learned a lot from this course, I strongly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn excel.

By Theodoros B

Aug 26, 2020

The Second specialization was amazing!

It gave me deep knowledge about tools that have super potential and are time saving. I will absolutely continue to the third specialization.

By Max B

Apr 3, 2020

Really clear instructions, useful videos, practice challenges and quizes to test what you learned. Clear explanations by the nice professors as well. This course helped me a lot!