Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

SM
Dec 3, 2020

Amazing course. I am amazed by the value provided by the instructors. The Pivot Tables in Week 6 is a must for everyone working with Excel. I am glad I chose this course over the other online courses.

CM
Aug 22, 2020

I love this course a lot! Thank you very much for this course. It is easy to understand and follow. The practice challenges are so fun to do. Looking forward to the next course in this specialization.

51 - 75 of 2,668 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Albert V

Jul 13, 2020

This course helped me a lot to raise my knowledge in Excel to a higher level. The Professors are experts in this area and tutorial videos are full of significant information. Understanding functions and applying formulas makes my life easy in dealing with huge and complex data. With my great experience taking this course, I will definitely proceed learning Excel further and looking forward to join more intermediate and advance Excel courses.

By M. M I

Jun 3, 2020

A really awesome course with just the perfect blend of video lectures, quizzes, and exercises. I am glad that I took the course for I am positive that it will help me a lot in the future. The course teachers have delivered this course in a way which makes it very easy to learn and grasp the knowledge. I look forward to completing the rest of the specialization to become an expert in Excel. Excited to see whats more in store for us.

By Deokumar G

Mar 6, 2020

EXCELLENT EDUCATION, NARRATION AND EXPLANATION IN IMMENSE DETAIL OF INTERMEDIATE MS EXCEL! I WAS WOWED BY THE VISUAL EDUCATION PROWESS DOCTOR PRASHAN AND DOCTOR NICKY. PLEASE TAKE ESSENTIALS BEFORE YOU TAKE THIS COURSE. THEY COME HAND IN HAND. EXCELLENT COURSE FROM MAQUARIE UNIVERSITY, I CAME AWAY WITH KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND KNOW-HOW TO USE TOOLS IN MS EXCEL THAT I NEVER WOULD HAVE KNOW ABOUT. THANK YOU DOCTOR PRASHAN AND DOCTOR NICKY!

By Saransh B

Jun 26, 2020

It was a great course. Very helpful for my current working field. Thanks a ton!! to Nikki and Prashan. They were too good throughout the training sessions. The videos were crystal clear and no where I found any gaps. I learnt many important skills through this course like pivot charts, tables, consolidating data, and functions. I am going to use this definitely in my upcoming career. I am looking forward for the next advance course.

By Carl B

May 22, 2020

Great course content and the opportunity to learn valuable Excel skills.

The automated feedback could improve (in the absence of a teacher) as some parts are tricky. More practice exercises would also be useful with different challenges.

But overall, I really learnt a lot from this course. For just a relatively small amount of time, one can pick up skills that will save so much time in one's daily use of Excel. Well done Macquarie.

By Daniel A

Oct 20, 2020

Overall this is an excellent course. I come from a technical background and I've used basic Excel functions before so keep that in mind. The instruction during the videos was at a good pace and specific enough so that I never had to pause and could follow along easily. The challenges and quizzes did a good job of reinforcing the content. The instructors had a great attitude in the videos and clearly enjoyed making this content.

By Lucas C M d A

Apr 9, 2020

The best course of excel i´ve ever done. Its simply teaches you tools from another level. I´ve already done more than 5 courses of Excel in Brazil and none of them gave me so much information like i had in Excel Skils for Business. Nicky, Prashan and Dr. Yvonne have awesome didactic and they make it so easy to learn.

I am amazed on how much i´ve learned and i´m sure there is a lot more to come at Intermediate II and Advanced!!

By April V

Dec 2, 2020

This is my favorite course in Coursera that I've taken so far, to be honest. It is very challenging for someone who is self-taught in Excel, but at the end of every week, I get a fulfilling sense of achievement all the time, knowing that I just learned something new. The curriculum is perfectly outlined in a manner that can be easily understood. The professors are superb in demonstrating and explaining too. Thanks so much!

By kamalakannan

Jul 10, 2020

Great course.I have learned Excel skills for business : Essentials course.That course taught me basics.But this course Excel Skills for Business : Intermediate I is definitely a little bit challenging course.I have learned a lot and new information and shortcuts in Excel. Instructors and their way of teaching is pretty good.From tomorrow, I am going to start Intermediate II .Waiting for upcoming challenges!

By Nchedolisa S A

Mar 21, 2018

Wow! I took a whole course specialization on Coursera titled "Business Statistics and Analysis" and I gained alot of new practical uses for Excel but this course really expanded on what I previously learned. Lots of useful tools are discussed. Ample opportunity to practice and get familiar with all the new functions and applications that are taught! I recommend the entire course package (Essential-Advanced)

By TK

Aug 23, 2020

Wow!!! I have taken other Excel courses, but never learned what I have learned in this class. The fundamentals build from one course to another. When I furst started this course I didn't understand why they chose to start it in the manner they did. However, as I progressed, it became very clear. I appreciate all that I learned from this course and highly recommend it. The learner forums are very helpful.

By Kasey W

Nov 2, 2020

Excellent class, but I do have to say I had an issue with one of the answers. I don't think the formula was correct. It was the question regarding creating the email from 2 other cells. I did it several ways and times and the number didn't change. I put it on my anwer and it stated it was wrong. The quizzes and tests are complex. It feels so good to pass them. I will be continuing the course.

By Damjan B

Mar 5, 2020

Great Course. Compared to the first course, where you can keep up with a basic level of everyday excel knowledge, this is where you will get completely new insights, that will exponentially increase your abilities and your efficiency. Knowing what excel has to offer only 2 courses in it seems almost alarming that so many of these useful functions seem to be very rarely used by the average user.

By Laura R

Mar 25, 2019

As part of the Specialization, this course builds upon the foundations of the previous course to introduce some of the most useful and indispensable concepts to gain advanced Excel skills: named ranges, tables and pivot tables and charts. The course is well structured and the explanations are clear, moreover practice challenges and exercises are really helpful to practice. Highly recommended.

By Denise C I

Dec 12, 2020

I love this course. You can see they're aware that a lot of people are new to some concepts, so the lessons are divided into small chunks to not overwhelm you. Then before you know it, you know how to do some spiffy data analysis! I like all the professors here-they are very clear and concise with the way they teach and the learning-while-doing thing is super helpful. On to the next course!

By Nehal A

May 2, 2020

The course is very useful . There are many short cut (Tool Box) which when used quickens the calculation beside makes it more convenient. The course covers the basics of many things we already use but never knew the logic behind it. Thoroughly enjoyed the course. Be it the discussions videos, practice excels or the tests . Prof Prashan is inimitable in his 'practice makes permanent' style.

By Nathan H G

Nov 30, 2018

Amazing course! I recommended this course to anyone who wants to ground their understanding of relativity advanced Excel Skills. The subjects taught in this course will fill in all the gaps in knowledge and give you a broad set of tools to use and the reasoning skills to know which tools to use and when. It has built a fearlessness in me for managing data and creating brilliant reports.

By Borges, A

Nov 29, 2020

This is a great course. I've enjoyed the other Excel courses offered by Macquarie University. As an avid Excel user, I found that I learned lots of tips and tricks that will enhance my productivity. Highly recommend! The videos are easy to follow, instructors are great, practice exercises help to solidify the concepts, and the Toolbox provides great Excel shortcuts and highlights.

By George j k b

Jun 15, 2019

Thanks to the University. And for the distinguished professors who have prepared such an examination so that people like me can further refine their accounting information by Excel. I hope to pass the examination stages of certificate 3 and 4 to prove to the party I want to work then I am able to complete my work in an excellent manner. God willing, I find suitable work. Thank you .

By Marija K

Aug 2, 2020

I had to leave a review for this course, although only halfway through with it. The way it was designed, presented, detailed, structured... every single aspect of it raises the bar of what an online course should be.

A massive thank you to the creators, amazing content, exercises and explanations, I am grateful I chose it and will be exploring other courses from the same publishers.

By Mohamed A E A

Dec 20, 2020

This specialization is a must for every person that uses Excel: no matter how long he's been using Excel during his career, no matter how much high a person thinks his level in Excel is, and no matter what his domain of work is (no need to be the business domain), This specialization teaches you how to master Excel with an amazingly simple but extremely efficient way of teaching.

By Angela S

Dec 20, 2020

This course was really challenging. I did not pass some of the assessments, but I stayed the course and persevered. Now I have my certificate. I am happy and relieved. Thanks to the presenters for delivering such a wonderful and relevant course at this time. Thanks also to the other participants who shared their knowledge, because I learnt some stuff from the discussions.

By Mamdouh F

Jul 26, 2020

Studying this course was really an amazing experience of learning and practice. The topics covered during the six week were comprehensive and challenging. I would undoubtedly recommend this course to everyone looking to learn Excel in such a professional and academic way. The team at Macquarie University has done an outstanding effort to present such an elaborate material.

By rambabu u

I feel very happy to choose this course , first of all thanks to faculty members to create a excellent course to the students as well as other members . and convey my gratitude toward bottom of the heart both the faculty members . in this course each and every week is interesting at the same time practical sessions are so good . it helped me lot to improve excel skills

By Candice S

Jan 28, 2019

Best Coursera course I've taken, with the following reasons: 1/ easy to digest, 2/ great demo, 3/ thoughtful practice (application of knowledge), 4/ clear narration with great visual support (the videos aren't only showing you a screenshot of the instructor's screen but actually zooming in here and there, student's can see clearly where they should click on). Just great!