Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

SM
Dec 3, 2020

Amazing course. I am amazed by the value provided by the instructors. The Pivot Tables in Week 6 is a must for everyone working with Excel. I am glad I chose this course over the other online courses.

RZ
Jun 5, 2020

Wow, I have no word to say about this course. Its video content, Structure is awesome. The tutor is good. Week assignments and quizzes are always ready to make our practice and make concept permanent.

126 - 150 of 2,653 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Vipin K G

May 3, 2020

Myself Vipin Kumar Goyal working with KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad,India as a Laboratory Instructor in Applied sciences Department. This is fantastic experience to learning this course with Coursera. There are very good video and learning materials.All quizzes and assignments were good quality.

Thank you so much!!!

By Jayshal S

Jun 15, 2018

Hats off to the instructors - Prashant and Nikki! I am amazed how smoothly they tutored complex Excel functions so well. I found the course challenging yet fun. I am sure the team must have put a lot of hard work in bringing this course together. This is the first time i am writing such a lengthy feedback! Good luck guys!

By RAJ S

Apr 27, 2020

The finest course created to teach Microsoft Excel. At Ikigai Healing Foundation (ikigaiHealth.org) we will be able to add value through the skills learnt in this course and I look forward to the next course in this specialization series. Expressing my gratitude to the course instructors and the entire team. Thank You!

By Margie D

Jul 25, 2020

I have already taken the previous Excel course in this series, and this course just as the previous one, is on point, covers all the topics in-depth as mentioned in the course outline, and each and every topic is well explained. The instructors are awesome and the whole course is organized very well. Excellent course!

By APOORV S

Dec 1, 2020

The courses are well structured and you never feel overwhelmed by the content. The instructors are very good and they explain every function of Excel in a clear concise manner. I recommend this Course from Macquarie University to anyone looking to polish up their Excel skills for making a career in MIS and Analytics.

By Rakesh K

Jun 6, 2020

Excellent course. Intermediate I, has really helped me to take the excel to next new level. Did not realize that there are so many things that we can do and actually automate most of our data.

Loved it and learnt a lot of features.

Thanks to the team (Prashan, Nicky, Prof. Breyer and others behind the course), Rakesh

By Syed M A S B

Oct 17, 2018

Excellent course designed and great instructors. It's the best course I recommend for self teaching. Gave me confidence and ultimate satisfaction. Nice lecture videos and practice modules. The examination is itself a great teaching which covers many other options one can come across. Thanks to Macquarie University,

By Douglas A

Sep 30, 2020

Excellent course. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. Provides very good summaries on how to use, format and extract data (or produce reports) from regular tables and Pivot tables - which is what I was really looking for. That plus all the other data analysis tools provided makes this course a MUST.

By william y h

Jul 25, 2020

i learned so much about using excel, and the quizzes and practice were really helpful. as a suggestion though, maybe you should ask for results but not tell users how to get there (or at least, not hold their hands) to challenge their critical thinking/problem solving skills, as no boss will do that in real life

By Taiwo A

Dec 30, 2020

Actually I am overwhelmed by the teaching procedures and the provision of practice Challenges and assessment for each week. It allows me not to just watch to get certified but involve myself in the understanding of excel. Its been fun and challenging. Thank you facilitators. We move to Course 3- Intermediate II

By Izzat A B M A

Dec 30, 2020

The course and assessments are very well thought out. They make students engage into the content of the course rather than only watching videos. The course makes it so that you actually practice what you learn through the videos via assessment on each videos on top of practice challenges the end of each week

By Robert L

Mar 1, 2020

The lessons for this course were very thorough, and the practice challenges were super helpful in preparing for the final quizzes and exam. I learned a lot of new Excel skills geared toward efficient data study for large data sets. Would highly recommend for someone trying to step up their Excel knowledge.

By OLAGUNJU M A

Apr 27, 2019

This is the first course I'm completing on Coursera. Every bit of my time spent on this course is worth it. My sincere appreciation to the course instructors. You're the best. You have opened me up to an entirely new world in Excel and I eagerly look forward to the remaining courses in this specialization.

By Heather P

Sep 25, 2020

I thought I knew a lot about Excel before starting this course... gosh, was I wrong. The instructors break down key concepts step by step and make it very easy to understand. How did I not know that these awesome tools in Excel were there? This course has been a game changer for me and my Excel knowledge.

By Triphena B

May 20, 2019

I found this course very helpful and effective. I really appreciate to Coursera Team for this wonderful learning website. Also, mention for the course that the instructor is very good. The way of teaching is very efficient. course material and practice exercises are easy to understand.

Thank you so much.

By DEVARAKONDA A R

Aug 27, 2020

I really love this course. They teach us from very basics to nurture our knowledge and building basic concepts which are very important to become a pro. Thank you for helping me out in this course of excel and I wish I could use all these in my work. I really love the instructors, they are the best!

By Usoro A E

Aug 5, 2020

Excellent course with excellent instructors, who help you develop your spreadsheet skills needed in the workplace. I recommend this to everyone who wants to gain expertise in the excel spreadsheet software for business. A better option too, would be to complete the excel for business specialization.

By Rezart S

Jan 5, 2020

Fantastic. I learned so many new things that I had never even seen before when I was in school. The more I learn about Excel the more my mind is blown away what a fantastic spreadsheet software excel is when you know how to use it. And also the course is wonderful too, right to the point. I love it.

By SANIKA J

Aug 20, 2020

First, I did course1: "essentials" and then started with this course. I am so glad after completing this course and feeling confident! The structure of the course is superb and concepts are very well explained with loads of practice challenges which were helpful to get acquainted with new concepts.

By Svenja A

May 4, 2020

Great explanations - helpful to anyone wanting to learn something new or to refresh knowledge on specific Excel topics such as data consolidation, text & date functions, naming ranges, count functions, sparklines, tables & Pivots. Well explained and easy to understand following the video tutorials.

By Zorana H

Sep 4, 2020

Course creates a great insight on how you can use Excel for data mining. Instructions are clear, assignments are fun and you can learn a lot. Until starting this course I had basic understanding of what you can do with charts, Pivot tables but I didn't realize how easily you can sumurize data and

By Sanjay K B

Jul 25, 2020

I have learned some amazing features in excel which is turning out to be the most vital aspect of my life as far as my workplace is concerned. The instructors were amazing and hats off to the whole team who have designed the course superbly. I have gained utmost satisfaction by doing this course.

By Mario E

Oct 19, 2020

This course definitely surpassed my expectations. It introduced me to several tools which I hadn't known about despite using Excel for several years. The tools covered, such as the Named Ranges and Pivot Tables, are very powerful features that have changed my experience when using this program.

By Natalia B

May 29, 2019

I have enjoyed this course, found lots of great ideas to use for future! I knew about pivot tables, but this helped to understand how easy and useful. I love how instructions are clear and easy to follow, each video helps develop knowledge and skills. Great idea about the challenge spreadsheet.

By Abhishek P G

Jun 12, 2020

The course is structured in a very efficient way and all the instructors explain the concepts in a very simple way, additionally, the practice challenges allowed me to further test what I've learned without as much guidance as the video lessons. Overall a very great course and would recommend.