Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

CM

Aug 23, 2020

I love this course a lot! Thank you very much for this course. It is easy to understand and follow. The practice challenges are so fun to do. Looking forward to the next course in this specialization.

RZ

Jun 06, 2020

Wow, I have no word to say about this course. Its video content, Structure is awesome. The tutor is good. Week assignments and quizzes are always ready to make our practice and make concept permanent.

126 - 150 of 2,307 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Svenja A

May 04, 2020

Great explanations - helpful to anyone wanting to learn something new or to refresh knowledge on specific Excel topics such as data consolidation, text & date functions, naming ranges, count functions, sparklines, tables & Pivots. Well explained and easy to understand following the video tutorials.

By Zorana H

Sep 04, 2020

Course creates a great insight on how you can use Excel for data mining. Instructions are clear, assignments are fun and you can learn a lot. Until starting this course I had basic understanding of what you can do with charts, Pivot tables but I didn't realize how easily you can sumurize data and

By Sanjay K B

Jul 25, 2020

I have learned some amazing features in excel which is turning out to be the most vital aspect of my life as far as my workplace is concerned. The instructors were amazing and hats off to the whole team who have designed the course superbly. I have gained utmost satisfaction by doing this course.

By Mario C

Oct 19, 2020

This course definitely surpassed my expectations. It introduced me to several tools which I hadn't known about despite using Excel for several years. The tools covered, such as the Named Ranges and Pivot Tables, are very powerful features that have changed my experience when using this program.

By Natalia B

May 29, 2019

I have enjoyed this course, found lots of great ideas to use for future! I knew about pivot tables, but this helped to understand how easy and useful. I love how instructions are clear and easy to follow, each video helps develop knowledge and skills. Great idea about the challenge spreadsheet.

By Abhishek P G

Jun 12, 2020

The course is structured in a very efficient way and all the instructors explain the concepts in a very simple way, additionally, the practice challenges allowed me to further test what I've learned without as much guidance as the video lessons. Overall a very great course and would recommend.

By Ndalukile H H K

By Rishu A

Oct 12, 2020

The way of explanation was really nice. I am a person who often enrolls for a course but leaves it in the middle (due to lack of interest). But this time it didn't happen. I completed the course because firstly the topic was interesting and secondly the professors took it nicely and easily.

By Ahadul I

Jul 15, 2020

I wish I knew about this course before! An absolute gem of a course to learn Excel!

I will say it once again: this course is brilliant. You are bound to learn Excel if you do the practice lessons with care. Even if you complete the exercises to earn the certificate, you will learn a lot.

By Mohammad I H

Jul 05, 2020

I am so glad and satisfied about this course. I recommend this course to everyone who is enthusiast for excel course with basic excel knowledge. I had basic knowledge so i didn't enroll in Essentials. Overall I am satisfied and Insha-Allah I will enroll in the next course intermediate ll.

By Ayush V J

Jun 03, 2020

Great course with informative videos which show the application of all tools. Good teacher and good content in the form of excel sheets to work on. we can apply the taught methods on our own which helps big time. The quizzes at the end of each week are very helpful to remember everything

By Nurul A A

One of the best courses I have ever taken in my life. Learning excel couldn't be easier yet so effective. Practice videos are well-paced, quizzes are relevant, practice challenges are nicely structured and the week-end assessments are just about right in testing the learners' capacity.

By M. T I K

This is undoubtedly the best online excel course. examples, practices and quizzes are really very practical. Everyone has to practice more and more to pass the quizzes. Thank you so much Nicky and Proshant. U did an amazing job for us. Hopefully I will do the rest of the courses.

By Victoria M

Nov 07, 2018

The teaching on this course is superb, I have learned so much, Prashen and Nicky take you through the steps so clearly. I really appreciated their approach! Dr. Yvonne Bryer was also excellent. I feel confident to utilise my new found updated Excel skills in my job. Many thanks.

By Tomasz S

Jun 09, 2019

Very practical, verified but well-designed tests that will accurately check if you understood the lesson and give you a chance to practice. It opened my eyes on how complex and useful Excel is and I will defenitely continue with the next chapter created by this author. Thanks!

By Sebastian M D

Jun 27, 2020

The course is excellent. Its content, study material and structure are perfect. The activities are quite enriching and the way in which they are developed, ensures the student a complete learning. very satisfied regarding everything related to the course. Thank you very much

By Neeraj K J

Jan 22, 2018

Excellent course, after learning increase efficiency, productivity to work on Excel and especially learn 3-D formula, Making Table, Name Ranges etc. In the last, teaching method of instructors is AWESOME!!!, no problem to understand the content and logic.

Regards, Neeraj Jain

By T T T

Aug 17, 2020

This is everything you need to apply in your workplace and in personal life. This course not only teaches new techniques or formulas but also the most convenient way to use them. The course is well sorted and makes you caught up in the course unbeknownst to the learner.

By KANTAYA J

Apr 30, 2020

Big thank you to Parshan, Nikki and all the specialization team members! This specialization is the best of all courses I've enrolled. I love how they motivate learners to practice, their voice, how they teach, everything in this course just perfect and very professional!

By Aleksandra R

Mar 10, 2020

Excellently organized course. The Instructors have made a great effort in preparing the course, selecting the materials for learning and practice and have done a great job in assessing the difficulty level. It is a fitting continuation to the Essentials Course! Thank you!

By Md R U

Nov 10, 2018

I've taken all of their Excel Courses and I must say they have done an excellent job. From the topics they covered to their style of presenting the material everything is good. Most of all, one can feel how much care and love was behind each module. I Highly recommend it.

By Carl D

Apr 23, 2020

Found this course difficult but great tuition throughout and has helped immensely. Have absolutely loved doing this course and now i am in a position to greatly improve the quality of sales analysis reports i can produce for my Sales Executives and the Board of Directors

By Vartika J

Sep 05, 2020

I love the practice videos, the weekly assessments and challenges. I love everything about the way this course is being taught. Please introduce more courses in advance analytics in more sophisticated tools which can help students like me in early years of their career.

By vishakha p

Jul 15, 2020

The course is designed well and the instructors are the best. The practice problems, the assessment helps to review the material especially the final exam helps to practice and trains the mind to remember material from all weeks. I must say the NInja Techniques are fab.

By Shafaq K

Jun 12, 2020

This course has been very helpful to me. Although, I knew the basics of Excel but still was not proficient in applying formulas, pivot tables, charts, and many more features which this course taught me. I am looking forward to enrolling in other similar courses as well.