Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

OD
Jul 28, 2020

The length of the video lectures are just right and the numbers of exercises or quizzes are just right. Learned a lot of new things about Excel's functionality. A huge step from the Essentials course.

SM
Dec 3, 2020

Amazing course. I am amazed by the value provided by the instructors. The Pivot Tables in Week 6 is a must for everyone working with Excel. I am glad I chose this course over the other online courses.

2851 - 2875 of 3,065 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Ashley T

Jul 23, 2020

Some of the excel downloaded has problems when I opened them to do the test.

For example, in the final assessment, I cannot do question 6 as there is no color in the cell.

I cannot do questions 8,9,10 as the check digit formula is wrong.

By Laura

Jul 24, 2020

This course was very well put together and I greatly improved my Excel skills. That being said, more tutorials are needed to support Mac users. I regularly had to perform web searches to get the answers and support that I needed.

By Fabrizio E C P

Jul 4, 2021

Esta herramienta de excel me ayudara a poder organizar todos mis datos de manera que al compartirlos con compaeros de trabajo exista un correcto entendimiento de los datos al igual que en los informes que se presenten en excel.

By Sagar P

Aug 5, 2020

Course was very useful but I would have been a bit more happier if there was more extensive learning materials and the practice challenges were more in-depth. Quizzes/final assessment was appropriate level of difficulty.

By Ambra N

Jun 30, 2020

Everything fantastic except for the final assessment of week 4 where I spent a lot of time because of a different language usage of Excel and the tutors didn't specify it! Fortunately the "Discussion Forum" helped me!

By Luis F A A

Feb 16, 2021

Es un curso muy provechoso, aprendí muchísimo; pero a veces es confuso. En las evaluaciones, las preguntas no son lo suficientemente claras y esto causa confusión, Por lo tanto conlleva a errar algunas preguntas.

By Bharat C

Dec 13, 2019

Very effective way of delivering modules for web students. They have kept the basics right, however could've been more comprehensive if they happen to educate other than only mainstream formulas/functions.

By Danisha C S

May 6, 2020

This course is very challenging, but i learned a lot. I´m ready for the next step, Intermediate II.

The forums are very helpful, you get in touch with other learners and share differents points of views.

By RUCHIR A

Mar 24, 2021

Truly enjoyed learning the concepts, especially pivot tables. I have developed a sound proficiency in using Excel by using just the keyboard. I would like to see more rigourous and tougher assignments

By Kazi H

Oct 13, 2019

Great course. I have learned lots of good techniques creating pivot tables, slicer. Now i am very confident to make a dashboard for the management. I am looking forward to learn next courses in Excel.

By CHERYL J

Jun 3, 2021

This course was so educational. I really enjoyed learning, even if it was at a level 1 skillset, how to forecast. I would have given 5 stars, but there should always be room for improvement.

By Ajay K S

Jul 3, 2020

THANKS TO INSTRUCTORS / PROFESSORS EXCELLENT COURSE DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY. MINOR IMPROVEMENT IN ASSESSMENT SHEET,( IT DOES NOT HOLD THE ANSWERS FOR LONG).

However great Experience learning.

By Chehalis K

Feb 19, 2021

Some really helpful insights into creating tables and manageing data. Pivot functions were pretty introductory, but overall found it really helpful. I like the format and instructors.

By Pakawat P

Jul 27, 2020

Useful excel functions but mostly for HR work but could be applied to any business analysis. However, there are many strict method and result which not allow student to be creative.

By Madhura M K

It was great experience learning excel.This course extensively covers all the required areas most interesting being named ranges ,pivot tables etc.Highly recommended

By Sergio V P

Excellent course and gave me the opportunity to improve significantly my excel skills which means for my job a great help in becoming more efficient and effective.

By Saurabh H J

Oct 20, 2019

This course was really awesome. It had helped me to gain more proficiency in my Excel skills. I look forward to use these skills for enhancing my employability.

By Oishee E M

Jul 29, 2020

Learnt a lot! Loved this course. Would appreciate it if the course staff were more responsive in the discussion forum though. Other than that, loved leariing!

By Kitipong T

Apr 13, 2020

Pivot table is new for me and I think the lessons should be focus on this tool.

The instructor who teach Table & Pivot talked very fast so it make me annoyed.

By rohit g

Jun 6, 2019

the week when tables were taught werent quite impressable. the reason being, the instructor was speaking too fast and werent focusing on very minute things.

By girish

Oct 9, 2018

Great learning experience as the course give choice to answer multiple time, it enhances more opportunity to experiment and learn more in the mean while.

By Mohammed J R

Sep 11, 2020

this was a more tricky but exciting course. i thank al jamea tus saifiyah heartily. and i thank my teachers , meet you all soon in the next course.

By marta m

This course is very interactive and helps you learn A LOT about excel in a very easy-to-learn way. I am very happy to have enrolled and finished it!

By Qian S

May 9, 2018

Really excited to finish this course, during this course, I've improved my skills and learnt many new measures to analyze and demonstrate my report.