Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In the United States alone, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. Research by Burning Glass Technologies and Capital One shows that digitals skills lead to higher income and better employment opportunities at a time when digital skills job are growing much faster than non-digital jobs. In this second course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the Essentials course. Intermediate Skills I will expand your Excel knowledge to new horizons. You are going to discover a whole range of skills and techniques that will become a standard component of your everyday use of Excel. In this course, you will build a solid layer of more advanced skills so you can manage large datasets and create meaningful reports. These key techniques and tools will allow you to add a sophisticated layer of automation and efficiency to your everyday tasks in Excel. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Prashan and Nicky will guide you through each week (and I am even going to make a guest appearance in Week 5 to help you learn about my favourite tool in Excel - shh, no spoilers!). Work through each new challenge step-by-step and in no time you will surprise yourself by how far you have come. This time around, we are going to follow Uma's trials and tribulations as she is trying to find her feet in a new position in the fictitious company PushPin. For those of you who have done the Essentials course, you will already be familiar with the company. Working through her challenges which are all too common ones that we encounter everyday, will help you to more easily relate to the skills and techniques learned in each week and apply them to familiar and new contexts....

OD
Jul 28, 2020

The length of the video lectures are just right and the numbers of exercises or quizzes are just right. Learned a lot of new things about Excel's functionality. A huge step from the Essentials course.

RZ
Jun 5, 2020

Wow, I have no word to say about this course. Its video content, Structure is awesome. The tutor is good. Week assignments and quizzes are always ready to make our practice and make concept permanent.

126 - 150 of 2,421 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I

By Heather P

Sep 25, 2020

I thought I knew a lot about Excel before starting this course... gosh, was I wrong. The instructors break down key concepts step by step and make it very easy to understand. How did I not know that these awesome tools in Excel were there? This course has been a game changer for me and my Excel knowledge.

By Triphena B

May 20, 2019

I found this course very helpful and effective. I really appreciate to Coursera Team for this wonderful learning website. Also, mention for the course that the instructor is very good. The way of teaching is very efficient. course material and practice exercises are easy to understand.

Thank you so much.

By DEVARAKONDA A R

Aug 27, 2020

I really love this course. They teach us from very basics to nurture our knowledge and building basic concepts which are very important to become a pro. Thank you for helping me out in this course of excel and I wish I could use all these in my work. I really love the instructors, they are the best!

By Usoro A E

Aug 5, 2020

Excellent course with excellent instructors, who help you develop your spreadsheet skills needed in the workplace. I recommend this to everyone who wants to gain expertise in the excel spreadsheet software for business. A better option too, would be to complete the excel for business specialization.

By Rezart S

Jan 5, 2020

Fantastic. I learned so many new things that I had never even seen before when I was in school. The more I learn about Excel the more my mind is blown away what a fantastic spreadsheet software excel is when you know how to use it. And also the course is wonderful too, right to the point. I love it.

By SANIKA J

Aug 20, 2020

First, I did course1: "essentials" and then started with this course. I am so glad after completing this course and feeling confident! The structure of the course is superb and concepts are very well explained with loads of practice challenges which were helpful to get acquainted with new concepts.

By Svenja A

May 4, 2020

Great explanations - helpful to anyone wanting to learn something new or to refresh knowledge on specific Excel topics such as data consolidation, text & date functions, naming ranges, count functions, sparklines, tables & Pivots. Well explained and easy to understand following the video tutorials.

By Zorana H

Sep 4, 2020

Course creates a great insight on how you can use Excel for data mining. Instructions are clear, assignments are fun and you can learn a lot. Until starting this course I had basic understanding of what you can do with charts, Pivot tables but I didn't realize how easily you can sumurize data and

By Sanjay K B

Jul 25, 2020

I have learned some amazing features in excel which is turning out to be the most vital aspect of my life as far as my workplace is concerned. The instructors were amazing and hats off to the whole team who have designed the course superbly. I have gained utmost satisfaction by doing this course.

By Mario E

Oct 19, 2020

This course definitely surpassed my expectations. It introduced me to several tools which I hadn't known about despite using Excel for several years. The tools covered, such as the Named Ranges and Pivot Tables, are very powerful features that have changed my experience when using this program.

By Natalia B

May 29, 2019

I have enjoyed this course, found lots of great ideas to use for future! I knew about pivot tables, but this helped to understand how easy and useful. I love how instructions are clear and easy to follow, each video helps develop knowledge and skills. Great idea about the challenge spreadsheet.

By Abhishek P G

Jun 12, 2020

The course is structured in a very efficient way and all the instructors explain the concepts in a very simple way, additionally, the practice challenges allowed me to further test what I've learned without as much guidance as the video lessons. Overall a very great course and would recommend.

By Ndalukile H H K

Jun 12, 2020

By Vaishnavi R

Nov 20, 2020

I really liked the course. I enjoyed learning the intermediate course on excel skills for business as the course videos are easy to understand. Also the practice quizzes and assessment tests were very well set for proper learning. Thank you Coursera and Macquarie University for this course.

By Rishu A

Oct 12, 2020

The way of explanation was really nice. I am a person who often enrolls for a course but leaves it in the middle (due to lack of interest). But this time it didn't happen. I completed the course because firstly the topic was interesting and secondly the professors took it nicely and easily.

By Ahadul I

Jul 15, 2020

I wish I knew about this course before! An absolute gem of a course to learn Excel!

I will say it once again: this course is brilliant. You are bound to learn Excel if you do the practice lessons with care. Even if you complete the exercises to earn the certificate, you will learn a lot.

By Mohammad I H

Jul 5, 2020

I am so glad and satisfied about this course. I recommend this course to everyone who is enthusiast for excel course with basic excel knowledge. I had basic knowledge so i didn't enroll in Essentials. Overall I am satisfied and Insha-Allah I will enroll in the next course intermediate ll.

By Ayush V J

Jun 2, 2020

Great course with informative videos which show the application of all tools. Good teacher and good content in the form of excel sheets to work on. we can apply the taught methods on our own which helps big time. The quizzes at the end of each week are very helpful to remember everything

By Nurul A A

One of the best courses I have ever taken in my life. Learning excel couldn't be easier yet so effective. Practice videos are well-paced, quizzes are relevant, practice challenges are nicely structured and the week-end assessments are just about right in testing the learners' capacity.

By M. T I K

This is undoubtedly the best online excel course. examples, practices and quizzes are really very practical. Everyone has to practice more and more to pass the quizzes. Thank you so much Nicky and Proshant. U did an amazing job for us. Hopefully I will do the rest of the courses.

By Victoria M

Nov 7, 2018

The teaching on this course is superb, I have learned so much, Prashen and Nicky take you through the steps so clearly. I really appreciated their approach! Dr. Yvonne Bryer was also excellent. I feel confident to utilise my new found updated Excel skills in my job. Many thanks.

By Tomasz S

Jun 9, 2019

Very practical, verified but well-designed tests that will accurately check if you understood the lesson and give you a chance to practice. It opened my eyes on how complex and useful Excel is and I will defenitely continue with the next chapter created by this author. Thanks!

By Sebastian M D

Jun 26, 2020

The course is excellent. Its content, study material and structure are perfect. The activities are quite enriching and the way in which they are developed, ensures the student a complete learning. very satisfied regarding everything related to the course. Thank you very much

By Neeraj K J

Jan 21, 2018

Excellent course, after learning increase efficiency, productivity to work on Excel and especially learn 3-D formula, Making Table, Name Ranges etc. In the last, teaching method of instructors is AWESOME!!!, no problem to understand the content and logic.

Regards, Neeraj Jain

By T T T

Aug 17, 2020

This is everything you need to apply in your workplace and in personal life. This course not only teaches new techniques or formulas but also the most convenient way to use them. The course is well sorted and makes you caught up in the course unbeknownst to the learner.