Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In this third course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will delve deeper into some of the most powerful features Excel has to offer. When you have successfully completed the course you will be able to Check for and prevent errors in spreadsheets; Create powerful automation in spreadsheets; Apply advanced formulas and conditional logic to help make informed business decisions; and Create spreadsheets that help forecast and model data. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Nicky, Prashan and myself will guide you through each week. As we are exploring these more advanced topics, we are following Alex who is an Excel consultant called in by businesses that experience issues with their spreadsheets....

CH
Nov 7, 2020

This was a lot of fun, challenging, and very practical. I was able to start implementing the new skills I learned at work after each learning module. Can't wait to take the advanced course! Thank you!

AS
Jun 24, 2020

The course material and assessments were just right and very useful. The course is well structured and the instructors explain things so neatly that there are no doubts left after watching the videos.

26 - 50 of 1,349 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II

By Sreeharan B N

Apr 14, 2020

Excellent Learning. Thank you! Assignments might be more helpful. Practice Challenge might be designed in much better way.

By Md A R

Apr 24, 2020

All the materials was awesome and resourceful except for the macro part. it should be more developed.

By mouhammad m a a

Apr 19, 2020

the last video with relative reference macros was a little bit vague, but overall a great course

By Amy N

Apr 2, 2021

Very good, I learned a lot: This is a challenging course. Note, for me, the course required more study time and more time to complete than was indicated when I signed up for the course. Also note, I needed some supplemental videos (recommended on the discussion forum by fellow students) that are available on youtube. Some of the Practice Challenges Solutions files didn't contain enough guidance to figure out what I was doing incorrectly. I recommend to Macquarie to add an additional level of "Practice Challenges" that have a video step-by-step solution provided - this would really enhance the learning experience. Thank you for the Excel education!

By Kevin M M

Apr 13, 2021

Since the very beginning I started this course specialization and up until now I am so glad that I did. The courses build on each other, enabling you to learn core skills in Excel. This course has enabled me to build on my Excel skillset and I feel more confident in myself and my ability to tackle related challenges.

The course is well structured, the instructors know their craft and their method of delivery is great. I am also grateful for the Discussion forums because learners all over the world provide useful tips or assistance if you get stuck in a certain problem.

By David F

Feb 14, 2021

Really enjoyed taking this course. I know it's a business course and should be dull, however I found it to be fascinating and I was amazed at what the Excel program can do. One major flaw is that the controls for MAC are different that PC, sometimes significantly so. And Excel does not offer some functions on MAC that are crucial to the lessons. It would be nice to be shown a work around, or at least an acknowledgment that it is unavailable for MAC users so we don't have to run around the internet for hours trying to figure out what is wrong with our computer.

By Atisheya M

Jun 24, 2020

I have completed the “Excel Skill for Business” specialization by Macquarie University after 90+ hours of resilient learning and growth. After completing this specialization, I can confidently say that I have gained deep insights into one of the most powerful spreadsheets and analytics tools i.e. Microsoft excel. The Specialization entails of four courses which covers all the concepts of Excel (Basics to Advanced). I would like to thank Nicky Bull, Prashan Karunaratne and coursera for providing me such a wholesome experience.

By jayant s

Sep 13, 2018

Just like the first two courses in this specialization, videos were well sequenced and organized. It took me a couple of attempts to get fully comfortable with few concepts but it was well worth the time. I now have the confidence to drive efficiencies in the way we work at office. VBA/Macros will take some more time for me but overall, it was a great experience. Looking forward to the Advanced course and completing my specialization. Thank you so much to the staff who put together such a wonderful course.

By Irēna P

Feb 15, 2021

Hello! Just would want to advice regarding final assignments, they are too long. The Intermediate level II took me a lot of time for the calculation. Just because for me it is very new and I’m not using it on a daily base. So filling in the file you have know any idea whether you put the correct answers or not. So the file might be incorrect from the very beginning. To avoid the great disappointment in the end my advice is to split the final assignment on few parts. Think it is better option .

By Mahamudul H

Jul 4, 2020

This is clearly the best course, when it comes to venturing into the wold of solving problems in business world using Excel. Tutorials are properly organized and Instructors are nothing less than amazing. In the truest sense of giving suggestion, I highly recommend everyone reading this review to complete this specialization properly irrespective of your background, age, career and future goals.

I surely did learn a host of things that makes me a much more efficient and confident user of Excel.

By Heike S

Apr 8, 2019

The course was exactly what I wanted. Very well-explained and clear. Also fun, and I learnt a lot of information which will be really useful.

This is a very good course! The best online course I've ever had. The structure, the order in which material is given, the difficulty of the course are very thought over. And the most important, I feel that the course is very effective. I really enjoyed all the quizzes and assignments of the course.

By Ian S

Apr 14, 2020

This course was also excellent and I fully intend to complete Course 4: Advanced, very soon. I learned new many skills which I can easily adapt to my current working role and I also learned skills that I had very limited experience of previously. This course helped to expand not only my use and knowledge of how these elements can be implemented, but also why. Fantastic course that I have already recommended to numerous work colleagues.

By DESHPANDE S G

Jun 11, 2020

Excellently arranged, taught and presented course. Most of the skills one will learn are brand new here. Practice and Assessment Worksheets are very exhaustive and all-encompassing. Instructors are really very well-versed with their topics. Great experience learning this course, which teaches you awesome tools in Microsoft Excel which can bring a great change in how you manage your data at your home and your workplace. Thank You!!

By ADRI�N M R T

Sep 9, 2020

Well, I know that Excel is a powerful tool but I have never thought that so powerful, this course allowed me to understand a lot of tool that excel is offering to us and it makes me to realize that, millions of data can get organized correctly in few minutes. The best is that, the videos went directly to the point and easy to understand something really complex as all the secrets that Excel is hiding to us! #EverybodySaysWow

By Paul J B

Feb 6, 2019

Excellent quality. Builds on the skills learned in Essentials and Intermediate I and follows the same format. There is a jump in difficulty from Intermediate I, but the content of the class makes it manageable. I learned quite a bit in this course despite thinking of myself as a high-intermediate to low-advanced Excel user prior to taking this specialization. I highly recommend to anyone who took the prior two courses.

By Jennifer D l C

Jun 12, 2020

Excellent course! The videos guide you through the course content in a very clear way, with the instructors explaining in a dynamic and interesting way. Although the subject, Excel, can be a bit dry, the explanations are designed in a practical way that allows you to see the use of all these functions and keep you motivated. Assignments are challenging but nothing that was not thoroughly explained during the course.

By Anubhav K

Jul 11, 2020

This course went to a much higher and complex level of Excel learning. Each week introduced us to a unique set of tools which are core to this software, and after having completed the course, I find these extremely useful for enhancing my productivity in analyses. Specially the Data Modeling and Macros have changed my whole perception of Excel and how immensely it can upgrade ones computational and analytical skills.

By MOHIUDDIN K F

Jun 9, 2020

I have finished the course & now looking forward to learning advance excel. The course is designed beautifully but the practice file of week 6 was quite hard since some techniques used in the file were not shown in the video. I hope to apply the gained knowledge from this course to the next level of this specialization. Kudos to the teachers who worked relentlessly for teaching us the core skills of excel.

By Nehal A

Jun 6, 2020

The course content is of intermediate level most useful to employees at junior to mid level. The contents are divided into six weeks . Some of the difficult concepts like V-Lookup could have been explained in a better way. These two topics was explained too hurriedly. The contents could have been broken down in more no of videos or the duration of the video could have been made longer.

By Adel M S

May 16, 2020

Really good, this series has so far given me a great working knowledge of a powerful working tool. The instructors have structured it beautifully to ensure, you are are not intimidated by the wide range of applications Excel can provide you. However, week 6 on Macros was pretty confusing as most of the code was different from what was shown in the video, making it a little frustrating.

By Rory T

Dec 9, 2020

Really well structured & easy to follow course. This one has less "here's the shortcuts for Mac" and "here's how its slightly different on Mac" instructions, which is frustrating because the differences between Mac & PC are not always obvious and I easily spent quite a lot of time figuring out how to do something. The earlier courses in the specialisation did this much better.

By Nchedolisa S A

Apr 3, 2018

As always, this course proved to be beyond useful. I was walked through a number of new functions that I can readily see will become very handy in the workplace, namely; INDEX, MATCH. My new found knowledge of MACROS has me on cloud 9 because it certainly will set me apart as an advance user of EXCEL, particularly with achieving more automation with spreadsheet data.

By Jorge P

Mar 8, 2018

Great course. The good thing about the course is that is well explained in general and you can go back to your lessons as much as you need. I have learned a lot about tables, spreadsheets and formulas. I have applied what I learned in this course in my work and is fantastic. I have saved a lot of time making automation to my daily chores. It's a course worth taking.

By Laura R

Mar 25, 2019

This course deepens the concepts taught during the previous courses in the specialization explaining concepts like data validation, conditional logic, lookup functions and the foundation of Excel macros. It's really well structured, explanations are clear and exercises and practice challenges are really useful in applying the concepts. Highly recommended.

By Ma. L J C D V

Mar 25, 2021

This is really challenging and I learned a lot from this course. I always use excel at work but with my learnings that I got from this course, made me realize I haven't been using excel to its full potential. I'm looking forward for the advanced course as well. Great work from the team who made this as well! I liked it that they have sample worksheets