Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In this third course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will delve deeper into some of the most powerful features Excel has to offer. When you have successfully completed the course you will be able to Check for and prevent errors in spreadsheets; Create powerful automation in spreadsheets; Apply advanced formulas and conditional logic to help make informed business decisions; and Create spreadsheets that help forecast and model data. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Nicky, Prashan and myself will guide you through each week. As we are exploring these more advanced topics, we are following Alex who is an Excel consultant called in by businesses that experience issues with their spreadsheets....

CH
Nov 7, 2020

This was a lot of fun, challenging, and very practical. I was able to start implementing the new skills I learned at work after each learning module. Can't wait to take the advanced course! Thank you!

AS
Jun 24, 2020

The course material and assessments were just right and very useful. The course is well structured and the instructors explain things so neatly that there are no doubts left after watching the videos.

1051 - 1075 of 1,236 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II

By Eduardo R O S

Nov 28, 2019

Me gusto mucho el curso ya que te enseña a usar funciones más avanzadas como ser VLOOKUP e INDEX. Sin embargo los retos al final de cada semana no están bien diseñados debido a que sus preguntas no son claras.

By Kirstine M

Jan 15, 2021

The solver section although fairly clear in the demonstration proves difficult in real-life. Perhaps additional explanation and some more examples would help, likewise with macros. Otherwise excellent.

By Sudhamsh B

Jul 25, 2018

Course was very interesting. Explanation of tough concept like solver was explained with ease.

Only thing which was not that good is the Quiz and assessment question are a bit difficult to understand.

By Juan D E A

Jul 27, 2020

A really useful course, it provides relevant information and excercises. Sometimes however the questions were missing further instructions. But overall I felt I learnt a lot. I highly recommend it

By Pvsr S

Except other than the Chapter using Relative Reference in Macros, rest all were good. That one chapter could be explained in a better way for students to understand it and learn the same easily

By ANJAN C

Aug 12, 2020

The video lectures are nice but pls improve the quality of practice excel workbooks because sometimes it did not open and excel shows that the workbook is corrupted and it is very disturbing.

By Ashwin R P

Jul 30, 2020

Very Good. Macros should have been explained in more detail especially how relative reference macros can be used. More examples would have done the trick. But still learnt a lot so thanks.

By Parth G

Jul 9, 2020

The course is great. However, I was a little disappointed with the final assessment. The wordings of the question seem to be confusing a lot!! Overall, its very good in terms of teaching.

By Marie C

Good content and useful things to learn, but some of the videos were incorrect and this made the learning a lot more difficult unless you had other transferable IT skills or lots of help.

By Gary P

Jan 30, 2020

My only feedback is that some of the instructions are vague in the quizzes or practice sessions. It may be helpful to provide either cell references or number the steps in the sheets.

By Sagar P

Aug 21, 2020

Very helpful - challenges were tough but I wish the instruction was a bit more interesting, I think we could have went more in-depth with the VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH and MACRO material.

By George P

Apr 6, 2020

You need to support us through the forum and by providing us excercises with your teachable materials.We didn't learn relative references in Macros but the assestment include it.

By Gabrielle B

Amazing course! The only downside is that if you are working on a Mac, you will need to figure out some stuff, like shortcuts, by yourself. Besides that, I highly recommend it!

By Marianna V

Sep 11, 2019

The seminars are very easy to follow and practice exercises are invaluable. The only thing is some of the problems presented were not adequately discussed in the lectures.

By Agnė K

Dec 14, 2020

Thank you for the course! The videos and practice challenges were informative and useful. However, some parts lacked depth (more specifically, the data modelling tools).

By Prathamesh P K

Jul 18, 2020

The videos were truly explanatory and instructors led the whole course well. But the assessments were far more difficult and no clarifications were given at many points.

By Siddharth T S

Excellent course, as you'd expect. One star deducted: Macros could have been explained in a little more detail. A few more videos on the topic would have done the trick.

By ATHINA S

Oct 23, 2019

The final assessment was too difficult and the week courses did not cover the whole activity ! But since I've finished it, I'm happy and continue my effort! Thank you !

By Тенишев Т В

Sep 10, 2020

This course was much trickier than the first two, but I still liked it. It gave me useful knowledge of lookup functons and recording macros. Thank you for the course!

By Kimberly M

Aug 20, 2018

Great courses. It was hard getting through some of the videos due to one of the women instructor's voices cracking and wincing but other than that I learned a lot.

By Natalia V

Apr 27, 2020

Good progressions in the specialisation. The Macros section was very rushed and didn't really provide sufficient examples of practice. Everything else was great.

By Ninad B

May 12, 2020

Solutions can be defined in a much detailed manner and even the quiz results can be given if possible. More practice exercise is needed to memorize the concept

By Ram K S

Apr 10, 2020

The course is great and I learnt a lot. However, there is scope for some more content on Macros that can help learners have better conceptual clarity.

By sergio a

Aug 19, 2020

Falta información sobre algunas herramientas de Excel para estudiantes que utilizan MAC, las que no siempre son equivalentes con la versión windows

By ROBERTO P G

Oct 28, 2020

Excellent course, could not ask for a more complete and user friendly experience, plus the exercises are really helpful and helps me out on my job