Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In this third course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will delve deeper into some of the most powerful features Excel has to offer. When you have successfully completed the course you will be able to Check for and prevent errors in spreadsheets; Create powerful automation in spreadsheets; Apply advanced formulas and conditional logic to help make informed business decisions; and Create spreadsheets that help forecast and model data. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Nicky, Prashan and myself will guide you through each week. As we are exploring these more advanced topics, we are following Alex who is an Excel consultant called in by businesses that experience issues with their spreadsheets....

CH
Nov 7, 2020

This was a lot of fun, challenging, and very practical. I was able to start implementing the new skills I learned at work after each learning module. Can't wait to take the advanced course! Thank you!

AS
Jun 24, 2020

The course material and assessments were just right and very useful. The course is well structured and the instructors explain things so neatly that there are no doubts left after watching the videos.

1351 - 1375 of 1,417 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II

By Tejendra D

Sep 8, 2020

The course design for the initial 3 to 4 weeks is great. I felt that the video contents and study material overall were not sufficient considering the week's topic. Please try to provide some more material. Also just verify that everything mentioned at the start of the week has been included. Try to provide study material according to the complexity of the topic being taught. Also pardon for grammar mistakes. English is not my native language.

By Lisa D

Nov 9, 2020

I found this class to be rather challenging. I think it would be helpful if more repetition were used on each topic. I had to go online and look up a lot of the topics just so I could see more examples to help me comprehend exactly how to do the formulas. I learn best visually and by repetition, and this class is not geared well for that combination. It's a good class, but could be better. I felt like I learned a lot about Excel.

By Jonas J

Apr 21, 2020

Decent course, which provides a good overview of the topics covered. Some assessment questions should be revised because answer possibilities are ambiguous, e.g. in the final assessment of the course, the first question is not clear. One could select "custom", to make sure that all names are correctly capitalized (using the according formula), but that is, unfortunately, "wrong". This also applies to a few other examples...

By Christopher P

May 7, 2020

Overall the course is very good and the presentations are well done. I have learned some very essential skills. However, it seems to be getting outdated and is frustrating for Mac users. Most importantly, there is NO ASSISTANCE FROM THE COURSE MONITORS, which is a pathetic (2 stars off for that).

By John D

Mar 14, 2020

Very well put together, until the last week's introduction to Macros and VBA. The last week's section should have been presented in two or three weeks (probably under the Advanced section). Concepts needed in the Week 6 Practice Challenge either were not introduced or not explained fully.

By Naveen A

Apr 16, 2020

Intermediate II course is very interesting and useful who are using excel in daily basis. But when it comes to assignment , it very difficult to understand the questions. I tried multiple times to complete the assignments. It will be easy if there is clear clarity in all q

By Florian D

Feb 15, 2019

I really liked the first two courses of the specialization. I feel that this one is a lot more challenging, partly because the instructors skim over the concepts iin videos and then expect you to master them by the time of the final exam. It can be a bit frustrating.

By Janice H

Aug 4, 2020

The information was valuable generally, but more information would help with options and problems that are expected of students without any video introduction. The videos do not seem to completely cover the material that students are expected to have learned.

By Felicia M

Nov 6, 2020

I wish more there were more guided practice sessions. The practice challenges and weekly final exams are challenging, there are things that were not covered in the videos. Thankfully, the student community works together to provide solutions.

By Pazhanivel M

to understand many formulas (PV,FV,NPT etc) a pre-requisite is having knowledge on financial terms. It should have been informed at the start of the course so that learners will acquaint themselves with the terms before starting the course...

By Md. M I

Aug 4, 2020

Though the instructors are good at delivering lectures but still some points were not clear. The quizzes or practice challenges are harder than what is shown in the videos. Quizzes and assignments need to be revised.

By Nisuli M M

Feb 23, 2021

Very well explained and done! This time it was trickier, but it was presented in a well organized, step by step manner for anyone to understand slowly. Enjoyed it and learnt a great deal!.. Thank you!

By Mark G W

Nov 5, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. However, there's a big difference between the level of difficulty of the examples shown in the training videos and the assessments. This is extremely frustrating.

By 1802772

May 17, 2019

Some Questions Language was not clear such Q3 @ Final - really till now I don't know why Q like that

ask how many error etc...

Course should give any handouts or notes not only videos and files

By Anwana S E

Jul 13, 2020

i think the videos were good but i did not find them to be very interesting cause it felt very bland. other than that i guess i learnt some new things which i will practice later to perfect.

By Mireya A G P

Oct 5, 2020

Course is great and very useful but week 5 and 6 are not suitable for MAC users since instructors do not specify the differences between MAC and windows, so it is very hard to follow up.

By Somesh P

This part is not that good. The practice videos are not that helpful. They should have elaborated more but they not. Also the final assignment questions are not phrased properly.

By Garud S V

May 8, 2021

Its a nice course. level of difficulty is little high. I know I need to work more on my Excel skill set, Course content needs to improve in some places.

By aweitzm1

Sep 22, 2020

There needs to be a better explanation of the material. Additionally, those using Excel for MAC have a more difficult time finishing the course.

By Clark F

Feb 15, 2020

Felt like the final assessment needs content improvement but learned a lot of great tools and skills to advance myself in my career search.

By JIAJIA Z

Mar 8, 2019

Those questions are very rigid. Besides, there is a problem with one question about the VLOOKUP of first name in the final assignment.

By Ahliman A

Dec 6, 2020

İt was too hard, some assignment with INDEX and MATCH in the finas assessment is nearly unresolvable, spent two day for one question

By Hagigat

Dec 26, 2020

I think the videos were easy but practices hassled me. It would be better if it was more practices with explanation.

By Dodzi K A

Jul 19, 2020

I think the course could be documented more than this. However it was good in general and kudos to the team.

By Blanca V

Sep 21, 2020

I was complicated to develop the challenges of the lasts weeks because it didn't have enough explanation