Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In this third course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will delve deeper into some of the most powerful features Excel has to offer. When you have successfully completed the course you will be able to Check for and prevent errors in spreadsheets; Create powerful automation in spreadsheets; Apply advanced formulas and conditional logic to help make informed business decisions; and Create spreadsheets that help forecast and model data. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Nicky, Prashan and myself will guide you through each week. As we are exploring these more advanced topics, we are following Alex who is an Excel consultant called in by businesses that experience issues with their spreadsheets....

CH
Nov 7, 2020

This was a lot of fun, challenging, and very practical. I was able to start implementing the new skills I learned at work after each learning module. Can't wait to take the advanced course! Thank you!

AS
Jun 24, 2020

The course material and assessments were just right and very useful. The course is well structured and the instructors explain things so neatly that there are no doubts left after watching the videos.

1501 - 1519 of 1,519 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II

By Kelsang y

Mar 23, 2020

The first 5 weeks were great but the last week, Week 6 on Macros, was terrible. Hence this poor rating. The assignments were much tougher than what was covered in the Videos and there was no help provided (see the Discussion Forum for numerous student complaints). I personally sent 4 emails to the staff asking for their help but never got a response even after 1 month. Had to struggle through and spent way too much time on the assignments.

By Matthew F

Apr 27, 2021

In this day and age this training needs to be updated to reflect excel us on an Apple (Mac) computer. Some of the video moved way too fast and not enough information was covered, particularly for week 6. The exams did not reflect the actual content covered in the practice videos, practice challenge. This class in particular was much more challenging due to the poor training and examples provided.

By Jacy W

Oct 14, 2020

I would have rated this course with at least 4 stars, if it weren't for week 6. The Content on the Macros was applicable up until the Relative Macros... This needs urgent updating for Office 365 and/or Microsoft Office 2019 at least. I tried to follow the videos and the challenge, but I encountered problems due this. I truly hope that there isn't such an issue in the Advanced Course...

By Max K

Jun 7, 2020

Third Course out of 4. The lessons are good, yet the discussion board has been completely abandonned by any mentor or teacher. Therefore you will find only very little help by other student, or at the worst you will find most of the solutions of the challenges plainly given. It's pity as the lessons are well made but no one cares if the questions are unclear in the assessments.

By Rebecca S

Mar 29, 2020

Week 5 was particularly difficult. Maybe teach it differently.

I contacted the teaching staff through e-mail, and there was no response.

I found myself doing more googling through these lessons than the others that I have taken so far.

Multiple questions are asking something that was never mentioned in the videos.

By Archit B

Sep 5, 2020

First 2 course were very good but this course was very bad. Many things were not taught in the videos but were asked in practice test. This was very very frustrating.

By Laura R

Oct 17, 2021

As the course gets more complex, the course gets less detailed and less helpful. I think this program sacrifices learning efficacy for time efficiency.

By Shujie Z

Sep 8, 2020

This is very disappointing. Very little support given to mac users, unlike the previous courses. What a shame.

By Greeshma J 2

Dec 16, 2020

it was difficult to understand

By Mohammad S R

Jun 5, 2020

tough tough tough

By Jean A

Feb 9, 2021

Awful. Go someplace else to learn this. One teacher speaks so quickly you can't understand her (I am a native speaker of English). I am still completely confused as to how to use IF functions, and how to nest functions. I would not have passed if I hadn't used ExcelJet and Lydia for support info.

By Kayla H

May 12, 2020

It is fine for week 1-5, then you will be totally lost in week 6, as the level suddenly jump from intermediate to advanced, while there is insufficient explanation and examples in the video. I passed my final assessment, but most of the questions covering week 6 are incorrect.

By Christine J

Dec 6, 2020

The videos focused on easy problems, which didn't help when it comes to the weekly assessments. I struggled with them and .I didn't find the discussion forum useful. I really need an in-person class so I can have a verbal dialog and am able to check for understanding..

By Dario S

Mar 25, 2021

The course is not updated and there's no much assistance. Many exercises in the practice challenges are patched up and errors can be traced back to 2017 when the course was created.

Besides, in some video such as the last one in week 6 coding procedures are not clear.

By Nusrat Z M

Jul 7, 2020

Many things were not properly explained especially in case of macro and scenario manager i faced a lot of difficulties

By King F C

Oct 26, 2018

Not practical and useless.

In normal business environment, we don't manually the data one by one

By Berny V A

Oct 8, 2021

The final exam 3rd week is bugged, there is no way to get the right answer

By Tanjina M

Jun 26, 2020

some lectures are hard to understand like week 1 and 4.

By Jamisha S

Jun 21, 2021

​cant complete without full PC.