Back to Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. In this third course of our Excel specialization Excel Skills for Business you will delve deeper into some of the most powerful features Excel has to offer. When you have successfully completed the course you will be able to Check for and prevent errors in spreadsheets; Create powerful automation in spreadsheets; Apply advanced formulas and conditional logic to help make informed business decisions; and Create spreadsheets that help forecast and model data. Once again, we have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. Nicky, Prashan and myself will guide you through each week. As we are exploring these more advanced topics, we are following Alex who is an Excel consultant called in by businesses that experience issues with their spreadsheets....

CH
Nov 7, 2020

This was a lot of fun, challenging, and very practical. I was able to start implementing the new skills I learned at work after each learning module. Can't wait to take the advanced course! Thank you!

AS
Jun 24, 2020

The course material and assessments were just right and very useful. The course is well structured and the instructors explain things so neatly that there are no doubts left after watching the videos.

1426 - 1450 of 1,519 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate II

Sep 12, 2020

nice

By Ikechukwu I

Jul 5, 2020

GOOD

By Hao K

Mar 18, 2020

good

By ABUBAKAR E

Jan 2, 2021

I'm slightly disappointed with this course. it wasn't up to the standard of the past 2 courses.

It's an extremely dense and information-packed course, there is literally a new excel tool for you to learn, understand and master every 5-10 minutes throughout the course. but the breakneck speed of the course makes it next to impossible to keep up, on many instances, the tools were not explained well enough and left me absolutely dumbfounded as to how a result was achieved. I actually had to resort to some youtube videos to get a better explanation of some of the more complex topics.

the weekly challenges were very challenging and extremely satisfying to get right. the biggest problem were some of the assessment tests which were weirdly phrased and not at all straightforward to understand, especially the final assessment which is an absolute behemoth of an Exam, after completing it I'm absolutely sure that I could never fear an exam on Excel ever again.

overall, it's worth it if you are in a career that demands absolute mastery of Excel (as in, >60% of your time is spent on excel) or you're interested in doing financial modeling or CRM as a full-time job. otherwise, if you're just trying to be better in your everyday basic usage of excel, then it might not be worth it for you. i believe everything you neeed would be found in Intermediate 1 of this specilization

By Andrew S

Mar 10, 2021

A lot of great content. However, the relative references for macros was not properly covered and created a lot of headache for myself and many other students when it came to the week 6 practice challenge. Please update the lesson for future students so they are provided the knowledge they need in the lesson, rather than having to go outside the course to figure out how to do what you're asking students to do. I would have given this course 5 stars had I not had to take many hours of my time outside this course watching videos to learn how to use relative references in macros.