Back to Excel Power Tools for Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Power Tools for Data Analysis by Macquarie University

Welcome to Excel Power Tools for Data Analysis. In this four-week course, we introduce Power Query, Power Pivot and Power BI, three power tools for transforming, analysing and presenting data. Excel's ease and flexibility have long made it a tool of choice for doing data analysis, but it does have some inherent limitations: for one, truly "big" data simply does not fit in a spreadsheet and for another, the process of importing and cleaning data can be a repetitive, time-consuming and error-prone. Over the last few years, Microsoft have worked on transforming the end-to-end experience for analysts, and Excel has undergone a major upgrade with the inclusion of Power Query and Power Pivot. In this course, we will learn how to use Power Query to automate the process of importing and preparing data for analysis. We will see how Power Pivot revolutionises the actual analysis process by providing us with an analytical database inside the Excel workbook, capable of storing millions of rows, and a powerful modelling language called DAX which allows us to perform advanced analytics on our data. We will finish off by venturing out of Excel and introducing Power BI, which also uses the Power Query and Power BI architecture but allows us to create stunning interactive reports and dashboards. This is the third course in our Specialization on Data Analytics and Visualization. The previous courses: Excel Fundamentals for Data Analysis and Data Visualization in Excel, cover data preparation, cleaning, visualisation, and creating dashboards. To get the most out of this course we would recommend you do the previous courses or have experience with these topics. In this course we focus on Excel Power Tools, join us for this exciting journey. Please note that Power Query, Power Pivot and Power BI Desktop are only available on the Windows platform, so Mac users will require Bootcamp running Windows or a Virtual machine with a Window O/S. While Power Query is available as an add-in Excel 2010 and 2013, the tools have changed significantly, and this course has only been designed and tested for Excel 2016 and later. For an optimal experience, we recommend Office 365....

JG
Apr 25, 2021

Great training with powerful video illustration. The course material (excel spreadsheet, data sets, PowerBI templates) are also very well articulated and prepared. Thanks very.

TN
Apr 4, 2021

I love this program. It's concise and informative. I am equipped with general understanding on Excel, Power Pivot, Power Queries and Power BI. Highly recommended courses!

1 - 25 of 44 Reviews for Excel Power Tools for Data Analysis

By Héctor S

May 4, 2021

I really enjoy this course, the whole program is great, I didn't expect to learn this much from Excel. Also, the teacher is amazing.

By Miloš Ž

May 6, 2021

Professor is great! I like this course and I would definitely enroll in advance course if there would be one.

By Daniel T

May 21, 2021

Nicky is very good, but the practice assessments, quizzes, and final assessment should/could more accurately reflect the video content.

By Douglas H

Jul 2, 2021

This is an excellent course for those who would like to learn how to automate the process of retrieving, cleaning, and visualizing data using Excel. Those who are in management or are in the business/data analysis field will find this course particularly useful. The quality of the course from Macquarie, particularly from these two instructors, is the best that I have experienced.

By Kristina M

May 14, 2021

Nicky the instructor here is absolutely fantastic- she makes it "too easy!" The lectures and practice exercises, challenges, and videos are priceless. The content is dense yet laid out and explained so well that it all seems simple. Can't say more about this class's content or instructor. Thank you coursera for this Excel specialization!

By Bhargav S

Jul 19, 2021

Awesome course one can do at their own pace. The instructors are amazing, gives a good basis of the different functionalities one can use. I am already starting to build my own reports & dashboards. I will definitely recommend this course for anyone. Thanks a ton for making this course happen to instructors & their team.

By Bilal I

May 24, 2021

I have taken all three courses in this specialization and also the previous specialization Excel Skills for Business. I learned a lot from these two specializations. Both are very informative. I recommended these specializations to one who is looking to start his career in data analysis and visualization.

By Karthik M K

Jul 21, 2021

I'd no idea excel had so many powerful features. Thanks to Macquarie University and Nikita Bull for giving the opportunity to learn from this course. I am very thankful to the instructor, she's explained each step clearly and gave some helpful tips. It was really a great experience.

By Marta G

Jul 13, 2021

A very well paced intermediate course for Power BI professionals. Nicky is awesome! I'd love to find more classes shared by her. All the classes are accompanied with working docs and tools. I learned a lot from this course and hopefully will make a difference at my work!

By Michele S

May 3, 2021

This course was fantastic. I learned more about Power Bi from this than I have from several other webinars presented by Microsoft and/or their partners. Being able to work along with the videos truly helps to reinforce all of the new concepts.

By MengGim Y

Jul 7, 2021

Good basic knowledge of Power BI. I will suggest who taking this, go and read about Power BI, and how PBI work. The best if you can the chance to play around with Power BI. This will help you to pick up this faster.

By Ville R

May 20, 2021

Very well put together course that contains real-life relevant content in an easy to digest and learn manner. My only complaint is that while very up to date, some of the UI changes have made some parts a bit tricky.

By XUAN, X

Jul 14, 2021

Another wonderful course with a handful of tools for data analysis and visualization. All the practices are easy to follow and the toolbox is a great summary of all the topics.

By Jean-Philippe G

Apr 26, 2021

By Thanh Q N

Apr 5, 2021

By Ali S

Mar 21, 2021

Great content as usual, I hope to have more and more on data analysis, visualization and more in depth material about power BI.

By Juanmi R

May 12, 2021

Aun exprime más Excel ofreciendo herramientas muy necesarias para trabajar de forma eficiente con grandes cantidades de datos. Todo un logro!

By Eduardo B

May 12, 2021

Excellent course. Well designed and presented. I can use the skills learned immediately in my new career as a Data Analyst.

By ARAGON L K S

Jun 20, 2021

It is a really good course that allows you to reach a new level in data analysis and visualization

By Deborah S

Jul 4, 2021

Fantastic. New knowledge. Great experience what possibilities I have to report and present data.

By Phanara M

Mar 15, 2021

Nice course. I would definitely enroll in course again if there is another advance level of this

By Enrico L

Jul 17, 2021

G​reat course, high quality content, excellent teacher, challenging exercises.

By Maria H

Jun 27, 2021

I enjoyed the course, there was a lot of useful information! Thank you!

By MARIA A B M

Apr 14, 2021

Excelente el curso, muy práctico y fácil de entender. me ayudó mucho

By Lim Y Y

Jun 27, 2021

Concise, and effective! One of the best courses I've had so far :)