Back to Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to augment, expand, optimize, and increase the efficiency of their Excel spreadsheet skills by tapping into the powerful programming, automation, and customization capabilities available with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on the application of computing techniques in Excel/VBA to solve problems. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) create macros to automate procedures in Excel; 2) define your own user-defined functions; 3) create basic subroutines to interface with the user; 4) learn the basic programming structures in VBA; and 5) automate Excel’s Goal Seek and Solver tools and use numerical techniques to create “live solutions” to solve targeting and optimization problems. New to computer programming? The extremely intuitive and visual nature of VBA lends itself nicely to teaching and learning - what a fun way to learn to code! No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary yet seasoned programmers will pick up new and creative spreadsheet problem solving strategies. After you have learned the basics of VBA, each module will introduce foundational and broad problems inspired by situations that you might encounter in the real world. To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

MS

Jan 27, 2018

Great course! I like it goes straight to implementation and is practice-oriented. What could be improved maybe is sound quality of lectures. And maybe it would be great to have some VBA notes in pdf.

PP

Apr 19, 2020

The pattern of course is really nice.It first teaches all the basic information in video and the assignments are designed in a way that all the taught information are used to solve the assignment.

276 - 300 of 714 Reviews for Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1

By Jhonners P E

May 16, 2020

Very useful course if you want to improve your Excel skills. It gives you new tools to solve problems. Fully recommended,

By Sam L

Jun 26, 2020

The course is pretty good, it is friendly and useful to freshman. I like the teching style of Charlie, he is very nice.

By David G N A

I loved this course. The lessons were so clear and the professor so good that I couldn't help but learn a lot of things.

By Alexander D

Apr 14, 2019

Great way to learn...I started from zero in VBA...now I have the tools to make my path and the basics to develop myself.

By Shilpi J

Mar 31, 2020

Excellent course for beginners. Its a quick introduction to VBA and has been pretty handy to automate repetitive jobs.

By Rockenjit S

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent content.. easy to understand.. first time I found such a course on VBA which helped me to learn from scratch

By Camila A

Curso super claro para quien nunca hizo una macro en VBA y que cubre mucho aspectos al momento de empezar a programar.

By Varsha G (

Wonderful Learning expirience. I am glad i enrolled and received enough knowledge. A Big thank you to the entire team

By Sina G

Sep 05, 2019

Very informatic and helped me to understand the basics of VBA.

I cannot wait to jump to the next courses of the series.

By Marshall W

Jul 13, 2019

Very challenging but rewarding course. Skills gained here are very practical and useful in many business environments.

By Jiahang L

May 02, 2019

The lecture is well structured, and the knowledge I learnt here is very applicable and practical to my day-to-day work

By Yago C F

Feb 24, 2020

I think this course is one of the best I've done in coursera. Everything is well explained and the material is great.

By Gerome M

Mar 16, 2020

This was great. I love the fact that he dives into what makes things work and how things should be. Give this a try

By Ivan A G

Nov 30, 2019

This is an excelent course, and I learnt a lot about it . And I'm certantly sure that it will help me for my career

By Jitendra C

Apr 29, 2020

Since , i am from other domain. In spite of this , the course is quite user interacting. Thanks Charlie Nuttelman.

By Dhruv K

Jul 30, 2019

It has been really insightful and learnt a lot about VBA. Looking forward for Part 2 and Part 3. Thank you Charlie

By Andrés F G S

This course was very challenging, and allowed me to develop skills related to creativity and how I solve problems

By Willem V

Apr 29, 2020

Sometimes it took some time to solve the course assignments, but when finally successful it feels quite rewarding

By Levi G T

Jul 31, 2019

It's clear, it's fun, it's useful. Recommended for everyone, whether or not they have previous coding experience

By Armando L

Aug 16, 2020

Great course and challenging. Looking forward to keep studying these subjects.

Thank you so much for everything.

By Chun-Wing L

Dec 18, 2019

very good course structure, it really helped me to learn about VBA Excel in a very pleasant and accessible way!

By Tina B

Jun 07, 2019

Really enjoyed this course. I used VBA before, so could go through a bit quicker, but still very useful for me.

By Yuliia H

Jun 30, 2019

Хороший курс, очень продуманные задания и вопросы. К каждому по итогу дается детальное объяснение. Рекомендую.

By Luis A M G

Jul 03, 2020

Muy útil para cualquiera que estudie Ingeniería o carreras afines ya que permite sacar mucho provecho a Excel

By David R V M

May 02, 2020

It is a great course, very dynamic and useful for getting started with VBA. I'm definitely taking the part 2.