Back to Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to augment, expand, optimize, and increase the efficiency of their Excel spreadsheet skills by tapping into the powerful programming, automation, and customization capabilities available with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on the application of computing techniques in Excel/VBA to solve problems. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) create macros to automate procedures in Excel; 2) define your own user-defined functions; 3) create basic subroutines to interface with the user; 4) learn the basic programming structures in VBA; and 5) automate Excel’s Goal Seek and Solver tools and use numerical techniques to create “live solutions” to solve targeting and optimization problems. New to computer programming? The extremely intuitive and visual nature of VBA lends itself nicely to teaching and learning - what a fun way to learn to code! No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary yet seasoned programmers will pick up new and creative spreadsheet problem solving strategies. After you have learned the basics of VBA, each module will introduce foundational and broad problems inspired by situations that you might encounter in the real world. To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

MS

Jan 27, 2018

Great course! I like it goes straight to implementation and is practice-oriented. What could be improved maybe is sound quality of lectures. And maybe it would be great to have some VBA notes in pdf.

PP

Apr 19, 2020

The pattern of course is really nice.It first teaches all the basic information in video and the assignments are designed in a way that all the taught information are used to solve the assignment.

201 - 225 of 508 Reviews for Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1

By SERVESH C

Apr 04, 2020

With a good start and steady momentum and subtle humours, Prof. Nuttleman made it a real fun learning experience. Highly Recommended.

By Albert L

Jan 23, 2020

The course provides high-quality content, and the lecturer's comments are very insightful. All in all, it is a great value for money!

By Pankaj N

Mar 21, 2019

It was an amazing course. I really enjoyed all the quizzes and assignments of the course. Now excited to begin Part-2 of this course.

By Daniel T

Apr 20, 2019

The best introductory course for Macros. It teaches from the beggining and very detailed and sooner you're programming great things!

By Adrian V W

Dec 26, 2018

After having tried all the exercices by my own, I am now able to write some subroutines and functions in Excel, which is quite cool.

By Juan J S

Oct 08, 2019

Useful and full of examples. You will build your knowledge. To make it even better I would include more interdisciplinary examples.

By Gerardo O M

Oct 19, 2018

Muy buen curso, los videos estan muy bien explicados, y te da apertura para aprender, los ejercicios son retadores y de buen nivel.

By Tammy G

May 22, 2018

Loved the class - lectures are short and to the point - assignments and quizzes challenge new skills - cannot wait to start Part 2

By Abdul W K

May 16, 2020

Was a very helpful course, learned a lot of things from basic on VBA with perfect example videos. Hopefully could use it to work!

By Seungju L

Jan 13, 2019

Wonderful course, well organized. I was a complete beginner to Excel/VBA, but I feel I have sufficiently understood the material.

By Michal P

Nov 04, 2019

Challenging but rewarding at the end. One of very few courses that teaches not only the subject but the actual thinking process.

By Jose P F

Jun 21, 2019

Excellent course, it provided me with lots of helpful tips to use in Excel and VBA. Can't wait to put this new knowledge to use.

By SANTIAGO J A S

Dec 16, 2018

Un buen curso para aprender VBA desde cero y que pueden llevar las personas que incluso no tengan conocimientos de programación.

By Wei P

Jul 10, 2018

Very easy and clear to follow. A much better VBA introduction course than all the other similar courses I've ever taken. Thanks!

By NATTHAPHAT K

May 01, 2020

This course is so great! Starting from zero knowledge about the VBA and now I am able to make some useful macros for my work.

By Jhonners P E

May 16, 2020

Very useful course if you want to improve your Excel skills. It gives you new tools to solve problems. Fully recommended,

By David G N A

I loved this course. The lessons were so clear and the professor so good that I couldn't help but learn a lot of things.

By Alexander D

Apr 14, 2019

Great way to learn...I started from zero in VBA...now I have the tools to make my path and the basics to develop myself.

By Shilpi J

Mar 31, 2020

Excellent course for beginners. Its a quick introduction to VBA and has been pretty handy to automate repetitive jobs.

By Varsha G (

Wonderful Learning expirience. I am glad i enrolled and received enough knowledge. A Big thank you to the entire team

By Sina G

Sep 05, 2019

Very informatic and helped me to understand the basics of VBA.

I cannot wait to jump to the next courses of the series.

By Marshall W

Jul 13, 2019

Very challenging but rewarding course. Skills gained here are very practical and useful in many business environments.

By Jiahang L

May 02, 2019

The lecture is well structured, and the knowledge I learnt here is very applicable and practical to my day-to-day work

By Yago C F

Feb 24, 2020

I think this course is one of the best I've done in coursera. Everything is well explained and the material is great.

By Gerome M

Mar 16, 2020

This was great. I love the fact that he dives into what makes things work and how things should be. Give this a try