Back to Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to augment, expand, optimize, and increase the efficiency of their Excel spreadsheet skills by tapping into the powerful programming, automation, and customization capabilities available with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on the application of computing techniques in Excel/VBA to solve problems. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) create macros to automate procedures in Excel; 2) define your own user-defined functions; 3) create basic subroutines to interface with the user; 4) learn the basic programming structures in VBA; and 5) automate Excel’s Goal Seek and Solver tools and use numerical techniques to create “live solutions” to solve targeting and optimization problems. New to computer programming? The extremely intuitive and visual nature of VBA lends itself nicely to teaching and learning - what a fun way to learn to code! No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary yet seasoned programmers will pick up new and creative spreadsheet problem solving strategies. After you have learned the basics of VBA, each module will introduce foundational and broad problems inspired by situations that you might encounter in the real world. To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

MS

Jan 27, 2018

Great course! I like it goes straight to implementation and is practice-oriented. What could be improved maybe is sound quality of lectures. And maybe it would be great to have some VBA notes in pdf.

JH

Apr 03, 2020

Very good course with clear examples throughout to help you develop. The online format of the course is great as it allows you to pause and work through the activities presented at your own speed.

201 - 225 of 767 Reviews for Excel/VBA for Creative Problem Solving, Part 1

By Uyen D

Jul 09, 2019

One of the practical courses using Excel/VBA that I can apply to my daily works.

I am satisfied with all the materials and examples the lecturer gives me.

Many thanks.

Ruby

By Hayashi

Sep 10, 2018

I love it! it's so easy to understand but at the same time gave us many basic knowledge and skills we need for VBA. I felt so lucky to begin my learning from this course!

By Yeong Z H

Aug 13, 2020

I like the pace and the structure of the course! Makes it easy to understand. The assignments and quizzes are moderately difficult to challenge and stretch our thinking.

By Siyu X

Sep 13, 2020

Very easy to follow. Those quizes and assignments as based on very simple knowledge but still challenging!! Will continue to work on part 2 and part 3. Thanks Charlie.

By Jose A

Sep 02, 2019

Excellent course! All screencasts, readings and exercises are laid out in such a way that is easy for people that are starting in programming to follow and understand.

By Carlos D C P

Aug 18, 2019

Excelente curso. La explicación es bastante clara y profesional. Me ha sido de gran utilidad en mi trabajo, ya que he podido automatizar procesos de una manera optima.

By Gary C

May 03, 2018

Thank you for this practical and useful course. I am finally able to unlock some of the powerful tools in excel that have always been a mystery. Cant wait for part 2.

By Hanna N

Oct 24, 2020

It ia a really cool course! I learnt basics of VBA. Now I see so many opportunities how to use knowledge from this course on my current job and in optimizing my work.

By Martin M

Aug 15, 2020

Very good explanaitions. The course is for everyone who can automatize the job and have basics of excel and vba. I am looking for part 2 and part 3. Thank you Charlie

By Habib A

Jul 15, 2020

Very interesting course. It's been very useful, especially Week 5 but I would love that you treated the maximization case whit Golden search method. Thank you Charle.

By Lauren K

Aug 08, 2018

Very informative and easy to follow. The instructor is responsive, and informs the students when he will be unavailable to respond to emails or the discussion boards.

By santiago

Apr 22, 2020

Fantastic course! Would totally recommend using VBA as a first dive into programming and would totally recommend learning VBA with Charlie and his team! Thanks a lot

By Nguyen D H

Apr 11, 2020

Thanks instructor for providing knowledge & guideline to solve the matters in course. It could not only help in using excel but also someway apply to issues in life

By Jakub V

Feb 20, 2020

acquired useful knowledge for my work, very good and efficient way of studying including tasks to solve, I had fun during studying this course. Thanks to the author!

By Juliana F C

Oct 31, 2020

It is a very good course, I feel it was very clear all the time but week 4 was kind of confusing and difficult, anyway I enjoyed it and I think it is really useful.

By Venkatesh S

Jun 29, 2020

User friendly .

It would be useful, if we come to know , through sub routine, as to how extract the data, filter it, merge it and present it with simple analysis.

By Neal A

Fantastic Course. Fairly new to coding and the instructor made it very easy to learn and had me writing codes that I am able to utilize as a structural engineer.

By Jonathan

Jan 20, 2020

This type of course should have been mandatory regardless of your major. Pursue the certificate to keep you engaged throughout. I am looking forward to part 2.

By Samuel Z

Mar 26, 2019

Fantastic - very well-explained and clear. Also fun, and I learnt a lot of information which will be really useful as a starting point for becoming fluent in VBA

By Syed A M N

Jul 05, 2020

It is surely the best online course I have ever taken. Course instructor Charlie is very competent and he has organized this course in a very structured manner.

By Shradha J

Jun 01, 2019

It's a good course for someone looking to learn the basics.Do try the other two parts to enhance your knowledge.The Error handling section will help you a lot.

By Manuel Á

Sep 06, 2018

The course explained very well basic and more advanced concepts of VBA and how to use them in real life situations. Very much looking forward to the next part!

By Chikamso N

Sep 02, 2020

Awesome course, the course is very challenging but yet rewarding. Dr. Charles knows how to really make one think outside the box. I'm going on to the next one

By Prayash D

Jun 02, 2020

An excellent course to build a strong foundation on Excel VBA. The instructor is extra-ordinary. The course is highly recommended for all new VBA enthusiasts.

By Aurangazeeb A K

Jul 01, 2019

Very interesting and high utility course. Greatly appreciate the work of the instructor Charlie for his time and dedication for making this awesome course...!