Back to Executive Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Executive Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

The Executive Data Science Capstone, the specialization’s culminating project, is an opportunity for people who have completed all four EDS courses to apply what they've learned to a real-world scenario developed in collaboration with Zillow, a data-driven online real estate and rental marketplace, and DataCamp, a web-based platform for data science programming. Your task will be to lead a virtual data science team and make key decisions along the way to demonstrate that you have what it takes to shepherd a complex analysis project from start to finish. For the final project, you will prepare and submit a presentation, which will be evaluated and graded by your fellow capstone participants. Course cover image by Luckey_sun. Creative Commons BY-SA https://flic.kr/p/bx1jvU...
Highlights
Hands on approach
(12 Reviews)

PK

Oct 22, 2019

The Executive Data Science Capstone was so much fun, while I was doing it I was really feeling like I am a data manager and managing the data science team in real life. So interesting it was.

Apr 05, 2020

I loved the way the capstone project was designed, being familiar with other types of projects on areas different to Data science, I feel the experience was pretty close to real. Thanks!

201 - 225 of 284 Reviews for Executive Data Science Capstone

Oct 26, 2016

g

By Jason C

Aug 01, 2016

The class was a little brief, but I really did enjoy the way it was presented. The real life situation, with videos, and a famous company made this hit close to home. I really enjoyed the "choose your own adventure" format of it as well. Unfortunately it was so brief, where the $49 price seemed a little high in comparison to the content that was available in the other sources in the Executive Specialization series. I also would have liked a longer or more in-depth scenario. Lastly, for any of the "wrong choices" that were chosen, a debrief "why" they were wrong would have also helped. Even though there is room for improvement (and thus a 4 star rating and not a 5), I really did enjoy it and found it to be a very enjoyable way to end the series.

By Alfredo A C

Jan 30, 2017

I liked the way the Capstone is structured, it's really engaging! However, I think it was oversimplified (I was expecting something more difficult that really challenged me and examined most things I learnt during the first 4 courses). Overall, a great experience though.

By Carlos A H

Jun 30, 2019

Excellent emphasis of the collaborative effort required to execute data science successfully. However, an area of improvement is allowing for the slide decks to be visible as an objective assessment is not allowed without accessing and viewing the slide decks.