Back to Exploratory Data Analysis with MATLAB

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Exploratory Data Analysis with MATLAB by MathWorks

In this course, you will learn to think like a data scientist and ask questions of your data. You will use interactive features in MATLAB to extract subsets of data and to compute statistics on groups of related data. You will learn to use MATLAB to automatically generate code so you can learn syntax as you explore. You will also use interactive documents, called live scripts, to capture the steps of your analysis, communicate the results, and provide interactive controls allowing others to experiment by selecting groups of data. These skills are valuable for those who have domain knowledge and some exposure to computational tools, but no programming background is required. To be successful in this course, you should have some knowledge of basic statistics (e.g., histograms, averages, standard deviation, curve fitting, interpolation). By the end of this course, you will be able to load data into MATLAB, prepare it for analysis, visualize it, perform basic computations, and communicate your results to others. In your last assignment, you will combine these skills to assess damages following a severe weather event and communicate a polished recommendation based on your analysis of the data. You will be able to visualize the location of these events on a geographic map and create sliding controls allowing you to quickly visualize how a phenomenon changes over time....

MI

Aug 03, 2020

Amazing Course !!!!!! Lot of practical skill is gained here !!! Thanks MathWorks !!\n\nThe instructors were great! I wish one day I will join MathWorks and teach in this platform with them!!!

PM

Apr 30, 2020

It was a great feeling of satisfaction after completing the final project. Exploratory and basics of Data Science with a blend of MATLAB were presented in a very interactive manner.

26 - 50 of 130 Reviews for Exploratory Data Analysis with MATLAB

By Kaaviya R

Apr 07, 2020

It's an excellent course. Challenging and interesting!

By MARCO B

Apr 27, 2020

Great course. Very interesting and well structured.

By Andreas N

Feb 21, 2020

Excellent course with high quality exercises!

By Stefano G

Dec 07, 2019

A course for absolute beginners. It covers most important key concepts in EDA. The table data structure for heterogeneous data play a central role. Many visualisations are introduced as well as the concept of internal and user defined functions. Non trivial examples with real world data.

By Geert V

Apr 08, 2020

Nicely made animations in the video. This course is also well-suited for somebody new to MATLAB, or even for people that merely want to learn about the tools offered from MATLAB 2019a onwards to interact with tables. If you never used Live scripts, this is a perfect intro to them as well.

The final assignment had to be performed on an interesting data set. It took me more work than the foreseen for three hours, but I learned a lot.

I would only remark that there are quite a few language mistakes in this course (and I am not even a native speaker). For example:

data are, not 'Data is' because 'data' is a plural noun;

The course talks about weight, while the exact term is mass (weight is expressed in Newton, mass in kg).

Overall, a course that I would advise anyone, even for newcomers to MATLAB.

By Mohit S F

Jun 09, 2020

Got to learn lots of things.....!!! Also, my colleagues are familiar with MATLAB so it won't be a difficult job. Rather the more important part is the topic...! I feel with this basic knowledge imparted to the students, they are in a position to basic analysis on data set of their choice in their field more skillfully. The data-driven analysis seems to be trending due to smart machines/mediums that provide you a good amount of data for analysis. I find this important and a very useful skill to add as an engineer/research student. Definitely worth it. Thank you for the KNOWLEDGE...!!!

By Emmanuel A A

Jun 07, 2020

The course provided a lot of insight into data and data science. The instructors were explicit and straight to the point. Each sentence they make is vital and you don't want to miss it. I believe this might be a problem for someone with no knowledge of MATLAB or programming in general as they did not go through the basis in some cases. Overall, I learnt a lot. The final project also gave me confidence. I would recommend the course to any interested individual

By Abigail L

Jun 05, 2020

Can work at your own pace.

The quizzes are based off of the videos which makes learning the material a breeze.

If you're ever stuck, there are quick responses from the instructors.

I wanted to learn data analysis over the summer, and I was able to get through this module in just 4 weeks and still have the rest of the summer to do the rest of the 4 part course!

Added bonus: certifications make this an easy resume booster!

Great course, thank you!

By Yazan Z A

Jul 28, 2020

great course, all the instructors are amazing, the way they explain the steps is amazing and i am definitely taking the second course .

i just wanna recommended that you add more comments in the included MATLAB live scripts with more detailed exponentiation o the function, i know that we are not required know the detailed of the included functions yet, but it would be very helpful if they were explained.

By Juan B

This course has an amazing accompaniment, all the weeks have the correct and enough information to learn a lot of data treatment in MATLAB , this tool is powerful and this course is a good complement if you have some basics of MATLAB and data science , also it will be a good start if you are absolute beginner in data science and analytics .

By Toufik A Z

Jul 07, 2020

Really liked this first course of the specialization. Course materials are perfectly arranged. It begins with a slow pace. Gradually you'll have to face challenge in 4 th & 5 th week. Specially the peer graded assignment needs a good brainstorming & you need to muster all your skills that you gained in the previous weeks.

By Christian K

Jul 16, 2020

This course was a great introduction in Matlab to get to know how to access, pre-process, prepare, visualize and analyse your data. I personally started with 0% knowledge of Matlab and now feel confident handling future data sets. The new learned skills will definitely help me to improve my future job-related tasks.

By Mooklada C

Jul 09, 2020

This course is very good for beginners who want to learn new skills. It is very easy to follow. The course consists of videos showing step-by-steps of how to do or use functions. It is very well structured. After finished the course, I feel more familiar with coding and using MATLAB to analyze data.

By Rospopchuk M

Aug 01, 2020

During this course, I gained knowledge in the analysis of data of various types, learned to perform visual visualization of results, significantly increased the level of mastery of Matlab. And in general I really enjoyed this course, I recommend it to everyone!

By Pranay S G

Jun 01, 2020

Very good course for beginners. The course is well structured and provides knowledge of various MATLAB functions. Quiz are well planned to test the leanings. It makes you confident to use and apply MATLAB as a Data Analysis Tool.

By Joffrey I V F

Jun 07, 2020

It really is a course that I wish more people could take it, it helps to understand in a very understandable way the handling of information and the teaching method of the MATLAB tool amplifies the knowledge obtained.

By Onur C Y

Feb 19, 2020

I really enjoyed to attend the classes. The course materials were very good. It is my first step for data analysis. I want to take the second course.

Thanks Coursera and Mathworks to give me this opportunity!

By Diego B C

Feb 24, 2020

The course is very well explained, I liked the fact that we worked with real sets of data and I enjoyed the exercises we did along the course. Currently enrolled in the continuation course!

By Md S I

Aug 03, 2020

By ROBERT A M

Jul 28, 2020

Impressed with the usefulness of the methods covered. It was a survey course that had just enough depth to spark some interest. Will continue with the rest of the series.

By Vigneshwaran S

Jul 15, 2020

The content of this course is just enough for proper understanding of the concepts and teaching methodology followed by the instructors is amazing and perfect.

By Srimat M

May 07, 2020

excellent course material and interfaces. assignments and cool and real learning happen. the software is provided with access until the end of course.

By SHIVANG P

Jul 14, 2020

It is very good course to start and explore the amazing features that matlab provides, to efficiently and effectively present our data to others.

By Martha H

Jul 18, 2020

Good course for all, those who know Matlab from the past or who are new to Matlab. Great brush up of skills and practical knowledge for all!

By Fran V

Dec 10, 2019

A great course. I'm very satisfied. The course allow me use Matlab in ways that will be very helpful to my work. I'm waiting for course 2