Back to Giving Helpful Feedback

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Giving Helpful Feedback by University of Colorado Boulder

This course teaches you the simple principles expert managers use to improve and motivate employee performance. You’ll never have to avoid telling an employee “the truth” again, because the seven techniques we teach will not make employees defensive or afraid. As a manager, or someone who would like to be a manager, you’ll also learn specifically what feedback is, how negative feedback is weighed more heavily than positive, and how positive feedback can super-charge behaviors such as creativity and teamwork. Giving feedback is a skill which develops over time. We give you a process you can use to improve your feedback skills and deliver it with confidence. You will find that there is a scientific basis for many of your observations and intuitions about feedback—such as, it is hard to give correctly, people don’t like it, and more. This will be reassuring as you learn how to overcome these difficulties. We hope you have a fantastic time becoming a better manager!...

NN
Apr 30, 2021

This course was short but very informative and very helpful for an aspiring leader like myself. It also helped me understand how to view or understand when I receive feedback. I highly recommend it!!

LL
Apr 18, 2021

I enjoyed the course and learned a lot from it. The content is well organised and focused on practical situations. I particularly enjoyed the bits of psychological research shared in the content.

76 - 100 of 341 Reviews for Giving Helpful Feedback

By Soumya M

Nov 26, 2019

this course helped me identify the importance of giving feedback and the skills/ points to keep in mind while giving both negative and positive feedback

By Mayuresh N

Jul 4, 2020

It is a detailed course, covering the topic in-depth. I never thought one should share negative feedback, but learned here that even that is necessary.

By MARLENE E C L

Nov 4, 2020

Lleno de información útil y ejemplos que ayudan a comprender el tema para poder aplicarlo. La forma de explicarlo también es muy buena. Lo recomiendo.

By Himanshu S

Dec 21, 2020

I found this course to the point and realistic. Lot of things are suggested in this course are actionable and would add value to my work. Thank you !

By Andri A

Jul 19, 2017

Well orchestrated. Excellent material. Remains practical while ddressing multiple aspects. Provides a lot of examples to comprehend and relate to.

By Celia S G

May 24, 2019

I love the examples given by Tracy Jennings, because they made the content clear and concrete. The structure she brought to this course is great!

By JUAN F V

May 21, 2019

Plenty useful tips for giving feedback. I though the approach was quite practical and with a good amount of references to workplace situations.

By Slavisa D

Feb 15, 2020

Great course, although it could be longer. I would also appreciate a handout very much. However, thank you, I really learned great stuff here!

By Anuj T

Dec 18, 2019

Very relevant to the job I do, should help me manage my team better. Can be applied even to one's personal life while interacting with anyone.

By Melissa I V H

Sep 1, 2020

A very interesting and entertaining course, many practical examples and easy to apply on a daily basis. Excellent guide for giving feedback!

By Margaret A D

Apr 30, 2021

This course is very relatable in the work arena. Many examples are provided that you can use as a manager and improve your feedback skills.

By Trinette D

Aug 12, 2018

It is a course which you can connect with, its guidelines especially the feedback skills can be applied both at the work place and at home

By G. S C

Jan 3, 2021

Useful in improving our behavioural skills with our sub ordinates and in advocating them towards improved efficiency without hurting them

By Kurian K M

Jul 27, 2020

A very good course which teach about how to give feedback in a systematic and practical manner in professional setting and personal life.

By Parshan

Apr 23, 2021

Thank you so much for this course. I learned a lot from this course , thanks to the teacher for such brief and to the point discussions.

By Yanina H

Sep 30, 2020

Muy completo, de verdad que te hace pensar y dar cuenta de cuán importante es dar un correcto feedback negativo para que sea eficiente.

By Praveen D

Dec 17, 2019

Learnt a lot about providing feedback to the team, when & how should a manager deliver the feedback. overall very informative sessions.

By Bolortsetseg B

May 4, 2021

Thank you so much for this great online course. This was the best opportunity for me to develop myself as a giving helpful feedbacker.

By Sachin K

May 7, 2020

Its a wonderful course for the hospitality sector and I am really glad to complete it also I really like the seven skills of feedback.

By OJO O E

Apr 26, 2021

Thanks so much for this course. It was an eye-opener for me and all the concept taught are detailed and very helpful to me.

Thank you.

By Rahul D

Aug 1, 2020

Its a very good Learning about giving feedback and also understand how to Give Positive or Negative Feedback to Employees or Friends.

By Begeyeva A

May 5, 2020

The session was very interesting and useful. And I`ll be able to use giving feedback to my students with more creative and efficiency

By Andrés R

Jun 1, 2021

E​xcellent course content.! Practical examples help with the learning process, making it smoother and applying concepts easily.

By Josh O

Dec 12, 2016

I have many staff and I am always lookin g at ways of challenging myself to be better with them. Thanks for an awesome course

By Sittiphol V

Apr 20, 2021

The course is very useful. The instructor explains very clearly, provides step by step techniques, and shows many examples.