Back to Feminism and Social Justice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Feminism and Social Justice by University of California, Santa Cruz

"Feminism and Social Justice" is an adaptation of Distinguished Professor Bettina Aptheker's long-running course at UC Santa Cruz. In the course, Professor Aptheker presents a broad definition of feminism that serves to frame three significant events in the history of feminism and social justice: the Empire Zinc strike of 1951, the 1971-1972 trial of Angela Davis, and the #metoo Movement....

IS

Feb 12, 2020

This course was very impactful, I now understand the history of rape as a crime, the attitudes that have diminished and undermine women's rights. I am hoping that we will get things right as a people

Jun 23, 2020

Everyone should take up this course because this course has a structured curriculum for feminism. The idea of feminism is something we have learnt from media, one will come to know about the meaning.

251 - 275 of 828 Reviews for Feminism and Social Justice

By Layla V F C

Oct 19, 2020

Me gustó mucho el curso, se me hizo muy interesante el conocer todas estas historias y cómo han influido en nuestra actualidad para que pase todo lo que hemos presenciado.

By Candice H

Sep 28, 2020

Amazing course, I learn a lot in relation to Feminism and Social Justice that I was unaware about. Professor Aptheker was engaging and made me look forward to what's next.

By Bharti S

Sep 24, 2020

It was an honor to have access to Prof Bettina Aptheker's lessons. Her teaching is brilliant, nuanced and presented so simple that I wish I could have more such sessions.

By Maria A C V

Jun 28, 2020

This course helped me to be more aware of things that happen in my environment, I also have learned a lot of feminist history and the professor is really good explaining!

By Sanjana V M

Jun 18, 2020

The course went deep into Feminism, the different movements and concepts around it that I was previously unaware of. It gave me a more holistic approach to view feminism.

By Kenyatta D B

Apr 16, 2020

I found this course enlightening and riveting because it gave me a different perspective of historical events. I would and will be recommending this course to my friends!

By Latisha T

Sep 22, 2020

I loved the course .it was straight forward and the professor ms Aptheker is a strong brave heart dealing and also being part and taking part in history..great teacher..

By Galicia J

Jul 16, 2020

This course was so informative and easy to follow. I finished the course less than 2 weeks! The instructor

Bettina Aptheker was/is awesome! I wish the course was longer.

By Dano T

Sep 09, 2020

Excellent course, to know and become aware of the feminist struggle, and in relation to social justice, and how this concerns us all as a matter of collective struggle.

By Sorina G A

Jul 31, 2020

a very nice flow of information. it's very easy to digest the content and i like the selection. wish it was longer and might rewatch some of the lectures in the future

By Kelly F

Mar 12, 2020

I loved this course! It delves into the importance of social justice and an understanding of intersectional feminism as a movement for all oppressed groups. Fantastic!

By Beatriz T M

Oct 15, 2019

A course that everyone should take. Bettina is an incredible lecturer and storyteller. Couldn't be happier with my choice to take this course. Very thought provoking.

By Minh T N

Jul 27, 2020

as a woman, this course has made me feel much more empowered!! I've learned so much. I've learned about the events, the movements and so I have acknowledged so much.

By Farzana H L

Apr 21, 2020

Its really an essential course for knowing women right and Historical movement to establish all right. Really i learn a lot,gain a lot from this courses. thank you.

By MADHUPARNA R

Oct 14, 2020

It was a really informative course. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Course material consisted of a full length fim which made the course all the more unique and interesting.

By VELPULA S C

Sep 18, 2020

i like COURSERA. i like it a lot. i learned more about Feminism and social justice.Very interesting Film documentaries, wonderful Professor we got Bettina appthkar.

By Vitor K D

Aug 20, 2020

Great insight and powerful statements. Brilliant professor and helped me a lot to get to know a little bit more of the feminist movement history of, mainly, the US.

By Camila G

Mar 28, 2020

Me encantó! Es muy interesante entender que las luchas colectivas feministas se han y se dan en todas partes del mundo, sin depender en la raza, clase ni educación.

By Alma A V R

Jul 15, 2020

Me gustó muchísimo el curso, sobre todo la semana 1 y 2 ya que incluyeron una película con grandes relaciones culturales con México y me pude identificar un poco.

By Pragati P

Aug 06, 2020

This course was really very interesting and informative. Why don't we have professors like Mrs Bettina in our country? I just loved the way she explained things.

By Karina M N

Jul 12, 2020

Me gustó mucho este curso, conocí partes de la historia de las cuales no tenía idea. La profesora es muy buena explicando y te comparte ese sentimiento de lucha.

By britt a t

Jun 24, 2020

such an enjoyable course and i loved how prof aptheker presented the topics. my only real compliant is that i wish there were more weeks in the course to take :)

By Madhushree K

I would like to learn more about misogyny within oppressed communities and how they can be eradicated, which one ought to be tackled first and their correlation.

By Diana B d J N C

Oct 20, 2020

Fue muy interesante y dinámico, se ve la vinculación del feminismo con distintos temas que son de relevancia para todos. Te hace querer profundizar más en ello.

By Bea V

Oct 12, 2020

I really enjoyed Professor Aptheker's lectures! This is very much an introductory course as it raises more questions than gives answers, but I'm not complaining