Back to Ferrous Technology II

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Ferrous Technology II by Pohang University of Science and Technology

Steel, ever-evolving material, has been the most preeminent of all materials since it can provide wide range of properties that can meet ever-changing requirements. In this course, we explore both fundamental and technical issues related to steels, including iron and steelmaking, microstructure and phase transformation, and their properties and applications....

DN
May 1, 2020

The course on Ferrous Technology II is very useful.\n\nThe presentation and teaching was good.\n\nThank you to the professors and coursera for offering a course on Ferrous Technology II

PM
Jul 13, 2019

Very informative!!!!!!!! Well surely watch it again and again and recommend to my other friends who want to understand more ferrous alloy. Make also for Nickel alloy. :)

51 - 70 of 70 Reviews for Ferrous Technology II

Jul 22, 2020

nice

By Okalome C V

Jul 1, 2020

good

By K S K

Jun 26, 2020

Good

By VAGH M N

Jun 9, 2020

good

By MD. R A

Oct 13, 2019

By RANJITH K K S

Ç

By Juan M S

Feb 26, 2021

The course is, in my view, of high interest. Not only this course, but both of them I would say, Ferrous Technology I and II. I am, by training a Doctor in Mechanical Engineering and my majors have not been Metallurgy or Steel making, as they were only something more or less marginal in my studies. Now, being retired I felt a renewed interest in the study of steel and steel making, being also well conscious that steel making has changed a lot since I left university and new steel specialties, microalloy steels, lightweight steels, etc. have appeared in the market and this circumstance made the refreshment of my knowledge of steel doubly interesting. Both courses, I and II have been engaging, full of condensed information and so I would recommend anyone who would like, or need to come to grasp with the steel making state of the art, to follow these courses, Ferrous Technology I and II. Thank you Pohang University for a well done job !!

As suggestions to improve the quality of the course I would mention : 1) Sometimes the text that accompany the graphs shown is too small in size to be read in the computer screens. I would suggest to make them bigger. 2) It would be convenient to give a bibliography with book references that a student that would like to deepen into the given concepts could use for that purpose. 3) Sometimes I have had problems in understanding the English of some lecturers but this is fully understandable, as none of them were native English speakers. In any case the available English subtitles have helped me to overcome the problem.

By Ammar K

Oct 6, 2019

It was a very good and useful course, but sometimes the information are not easy for beginners. Moreover, the grading system is very week. Anyone could achieve 100%.

Thank you very much for all the interesting information.

Ammar,

By Maher A R

Jan 23, 2021

Very important information was presented in a very smooth way, but the disadvantage of this course is the bad language of the presenting professors.

By 652 S

The course overall is very good!!!!!It could have been better if the course had more topics.

Value for the time and effort.

By AGAN A

Aug 20, 2020

Good to see this course I was learned about heat treatment CCT, TTT, ICD.

By harsh c

Sep 4, 2020

It could have some more questions for assignment

By Nitin A