Back to Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Ratio

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Ratio by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

Learn the mathematics behind the Fibonacci numbers, the golden ratio, and how they are related. These topics are not usually taught in a typical math curriculum, yet contain many fascinating results that are still accessible to an advanced high school student. The course culminates in an explanation of why the Fibonacci numbers appear unexpectedly in nature, such as the number of spirals in the head of a sunflower. Download the lecture notes: https://www.math.ust.hk/~machas/fibonacci.pdf Watch the promotional video: https://youtu.be/VWXeDFyB1hc...

JR
Jul 12, 2020

Someone has said that God created the integers; all the rest is the work of man. After seeing how the Fibonacci numbers play out in nature, I am not so sure about that. A very enjoyable course.

BH
Oct 28, 2020

Great course concept for about one of the most intriguing concepts in the mathematical world, however I found it on the difficult side especially for those who find math as a challenging topic.

101 - 125 of 289 Reviews for Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Ratio

By Lars O

Feb 15, 2020

Fun course and very interesting. I would definitely take another course like this from Professor Chasnov.

By Francois O

Mar 5, 2020

Very neat course on the well-known Fibonacci numbers and Golden ratio accessible to non-mathematicians.

By Sachini D

Jun 17, 2020

This course is really nice and it gave me good knowledge about Fibonacci numbers and the golden ratio.

By ANNIE C M S

Apr 27, 2020

Excellent Course. Awesome Presentation by the Professor. It will be very useful to me. Thank you, Sir.

By Pericharla A V

Oct 11, 2020

An interesting, enjoyable course which is usually not taught in schools, or universities to anyone!!

By Andrew M

Jun 23, 2018

Very clear exposition, interesting and fun. Accessible to anyone interested in maths and patterns.

By Chavah T

Feb 13, 2018

Excellent! One of the best classes I've seen on Coursera. Very interesting and lots of fun.

Jan 8, 2021

very fun! I hope it's gonna help when I will start to learn in a university in the feauter

By Midhun K T

Sep 11, 2020

Class is exactly good. I really like the method of way of teaching. I like it so much.

Sep 9, 2020

Good! thank you for helping me learn fibonacci I hope you have a good day thank you:)

By Fahmidha.A

Nov 8, 2020

It was interesting and I had fun playing with numbers. Lecture was clear and good.

By Arsenio P

Aug 30, 2020

I loved the course, there is a lot of material to learn, and the professor is great

By Amal P S

Apr 26, 2020

Great teaching style and made me enjoy the cource.Our professor was great loved it.

By Anurag O

Aug 22, 2017

A great introduction to Fibonacci numbers and how they relate to the golden ratio.

By Rahul C

May 11, 2018

Awesome course, easy to follow along and for those who are inquisitive in nature.

By Wanasingha P M W K

Feb 3, 2021

It's very interesting and well detailed. Good lecturing. Easily understandable.

By Mohammed M

Nov 9, 2019

Great explanations and proofs. I enjoyed the course more than i expected to. :)

By JOHN Q

Dec 19, 2016

discussed some stuff I've wondered about for several decades. thanks so much.

By H S L V

Jan 19, 2021

Excelente curso, muy rapido y super consiso. Me ayudo a a prender muchas cosa.

By S.Tejaswini

Dec 18, 2020

It's a very good course.we have gained some knowledge about fibonacci numbers.

By Jill M

Apr 25, 2018

Excellent! Interesting, informative, clearly presented, and beautifully done!

By Raquel N

Sep 28, 2019

Really interesting course taught by a passionate teacher. I enjoyed it a lot!

By Eric B

May 31, 2017

Thanks for this course ! Merci pour ce cours instructif, agréable et complet.

By Giuseppe M

Nov 17, 2016

Great course to learn the secret of Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Ratio!

By Patrice R

A fascinating progressive guided tour in the world of Fibonnacci numbers !