Back to Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals by University of California, Irvine

Impact your financial decisions and learn how to affect the performance of your unit's profitability and of your organization. In this course gain a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to drive your organization's growth. Upon completion of this course, you will have gained general financial knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the impact of your decisions outside your functional area. Content of the course includes selected aspects of finance from a non-financial specialist perspective. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting, and budgeting; cash flow, and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active involvement of the participants in finance related activities. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the importance of finance and interpretation of financial information 2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financials 3. Learn about key accounting and finance terms 4. Examine financial statements by using key ratios 5. Explain the importance of budgeting process 6. Learn about key components needed to improve profitability...

AC

Dec 15, 2017

I've enjoyed this course. Prof. Standen gives a very basic but clear overview of the most common financial topics, wished I had this course a couple of years ago it would have made my life way easier.

EM

Feb 22, 2019

An excellent well-rounded course and perfect for anyone who would like to gain some insight into financial practices. I would highly recommend this course, "Finance for Non-Financial Professionals."

76 - 100 of 738 Reviews for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

By Jeffrey S

May 12, 2020

This is a very useful topic, to introduce finance to non-finance person. I did not expect finance can be this interesting topic, and motivate me to learn more on this subject.

By Sameeran J

Dec 17, 2015

Very very good course. Gives a simplistic view of accounting and finance basics with nice examples. This should help a lot of people in getting their finances under control.

By Marcus M

Sep 08, 2020

Really in-depth but explained at a simplified level. I would recommend anyone operating a business or thinking of how to understand their finances better, take this course.

By ADEO104

Sep 18, 2019

the course was interesting with lots of examples. if you want to know how to intiate a business what you should look at and how to expect as profit . its good in content .

By Mario J R M

Mar 31, 2017

Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

Congratulations on the platform

Congratulations on the administrative order of the course

Congratulations on the Success of the Course

By AMITAVA D

Sep 27, 2015

This is a must for everyone. From Financial Statements to Valuating companies it covers everything that one needs to know. Lucidly explained and compellingly presented.

By Robson A S

Jan 19, 2016

For non financial profissional like me, this course gave me plenty of ideas about financial concepts that you help follow any kind of financial discussion in my company.

By Eyong K E

Oct 17, 2019

I Love this course. I am a software engineer and at first, I thought this was irrelevant, but after taking this course, I can say I am lucky for having this experience.

By Sue P

Sep 10, 2015

excellent presentation. not complicated with excess examples or digressions. good visuals that were easy to understand. Explanation given from a position of experience.

By Nurhafizah

Aug 02, 2020

Big thanks to the instructor, Sir David for explaining this course very well.

From zero to hero, I feel more confident now after completing all modules. Worth my time.

By Erwin D

Apr 04, 2020

Great course for non-finance professionals! It provides a good overview of what you need to understand how organization are and should in the financial perspective!

By Berenice O

Sep 19, 2015

I enjoyed this course. I somehow remember the accounting terminologies better after having completed this course than before when I was busy with my "self-studies"

By Владислав

Oct 13, 2015

I've passed my first week within the night - that's how interesting it seemed to me.

Hope there will be a lot useful knowledge further.

Great thanks to the tacher.

By Prashant K M

Jun 06, 2020

Nicely explained, the instructor had designed it so meticulously and tried to cover all important aspects on most simple manner. Five star rating to instructor.

By Narmin

Feb 16, 2016

I have just finished the first week, and I already understand that this course has all what I need to be aware of accounting and finance for my first business!

By Jaykumar P

Mar 24, 2020

This course provided me with basic knowledge about finance. It helped me learn about the balance sheets, financial statements, costing and valuation methods.

By Hiral C

Jun 27, 2016

Very Useful, easy to understand, short yet informative course for non finance professionals to understand the basic concepts. worth every minute spent on it!

By Anita M G

This course help in all aspect in my life, in daily and preparation for business after retired and investment for the future. Thank you Prof David STANDEN !

By Austine K

May 01, 2020

This course with the help of a great lecture clearly explained the material so well. As a pra-MBA student, now I have a clear insight of finance in general.

By Agrawal H

Wonderful course, I will suggest this course to everyone who is dealing with money. Someone want to start investing this course can give you a good start.

By Md. R

May 09, 2020

This is a brilliantly designed course for a non finance guy to understand the financial and accounting jargon in a very easy way. Kudos to the instructor.

By Igor K

Feb 07, 2018

Great course with very good examples provided by interesting and energetic professor. I really recommend it to people with some or no financial knowledge.

By Daniel C

Jan 29, 2018

This course gave me an overview of finance being a non-financial professional. I took advantage of the ratios and the valuation of companies. Very useful.

By MOHAMED M P

Aug 11, 2020

I appreciate to have more simple examples with illustrations to make it easier to understand since there are too many concepts in a short period of time.

By Hlompho S

Apr 01, 2020

Exceptional course. Covered a wide range of critical topics, providing the basic knowledge necessary in a very friendly manner, especially for beginners.