Back to Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals by University of California, Irvine

Impact your financial decisions and learn how to affect the performance of your unit's profitability and of your organization. In this course gain a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to drive your organization's growth. Upon completion of this course, you will have gained general financial knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the impact of your decisions outside your functional area. Content of the course includes selected aspects of finance from a non-financial specialist perspective. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting, and budgeting; cash flow, and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active involvement of the participants in finance related activities. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the importance of finance and interpretation of financial information 2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financials 3. Learn about key accounting and finance terms 4. Examine financial statements by using key ratios 5. Explain the importance of budgeting process 6. Learn about key components needed to improve profitability...

AC

Dec 15, 2017

I've enjoyed this course. Prof. Standen gives a very basic but clear overview of the most common financial topics, wished I had this course a couple of years ago it would have made my life way easier.

EM

Feb 22, 2019

An excellent well-rounded course and perfect for anyone who would like to gain some insight into financial practices. I would highly recommend this course, "Finance for Non-Financial Professionals."

101 - 125 of 518 Reviews for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

By Nataly Z

Jan 04, 2017

It was very intersting course and so useful for me!

By Carlos A C C - F

Jan 17, 2017

Easy to understand, covered important aspects that while some may be intuitive, it is always good to see them in paper.

By Dragan G

Aug 09, 2016

For the first time I really understood some stuffs that I'd never knew. Thank you so much!

By Joshen V

May 12, 2018

Good. But should have been little more elaborate.

By Colleen E Y

Sep 06, 2016

Learning a lot of practical information in order to work as an entrepreneur

By Michelle R

Sep 10, 2015

The concepts are very clear, but in order to get understanding I think it's necesary to provide additional exercises

By Karampatos G

Oct 24, 2017

Excellent course !

By Stephen R

Oct 04, 2015

Probably the single best course I have seen on finance and, by extension, accounting for those of us going in more or less clueless. It's actually an entertaining course and easy to keep watching.

By suellen b d f

Aug 16, 2016

Curso muito bom !!!! Visao rapida mas abrangente.

By Tassyo D P

Feb 20, 2017

Muito bom

By Victor J R C

Mar 02, 2016

Me gusto mucho!

By cindy o

Mar 19, 2016

very practical and brief to understand the whole method about finance

By NATARAJAN

Sep 28, 2015

Helpful to understand basic terms in finance. Thanks.

By saif a

Feb 02, 2016

I felt the course was really helpful for those from a non-financial background. Simple to understand as well.

By amr a

Jan 22, 2017

nice course . short term for non-financial people

By Giacomo M

Mar 23, 2018

Great professor, clear and organized exposition. Very helpful for introducing at the finance world.

By Geetha

Feb 02, 2016

This was a good refresh on

By Gareth D H

Nov 16, 2015

SImple, effective and interesting for the basics of finances in the business envrionment

By Djermouni N

Sep 03, 2017

Magnifique cours

By Andrea G K

Apr 01, 2016

Thank you, David. I enjoyed this class thoroughly, and learned so much! I feel much more confident in being able to work directly with accountants and finance professionals. As you said, there is so much more to learn, and I'm thinking about going back to University to take an Accounting Degree. The pace with which you conduct your lessons is very nice and your diction is pleasant and easy to understand. The real life examples help

By Caio S

Sep 04, 2015

Muito útil para profissionais da área contábil brasileiros e de outras nacionalidades para aprenderem termos técnicos dentro da área de atuação. É de fácil entendimento e linguagem simples.

By Andrej M

Aug 14, 2016

I love it. It was great. Thank you

By Antonio P

Nov 21, 2017

Presented in a very simply and professional manner.

By Zhang L

Dec 01, 2015

Easy to pick up and helpful for me to start deeper learning.

By Lin D

Dec 05, 2015

My comments maybe not so useful as I had taken some study on this topic. This course give me opportunities to review what I learned before and I have to say this professor is really good. His explanation is clear. Maybe some addtional examples can be intresting