Back to Fundamentals of Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Finance by University of Pennsylvania

3.9

In this course, you’ll learn the basic fundamentals of corporate finance. Based on the pre-term qualifying courses for Wharton MBA students, Professor Jessica Wachter has designed this course for learners who need a refresher in financial concepts, or for those who are learning about corporate finance for the first time. You’ll identify foundational concepts in corporate finance, such as NPV, Compound and Simple Interest, and Annuities versus Perpetuities. You’ll also learn how to apply the NPV framework to calculating fixed-income valuation and Equity, using hypothetical examples of corporate projects. By the end of this course, you’ll have honed your skills in calculating risk and returns to optimize investments, and be able to assess the right set of financial information to achieve better returns for your firm....

DT
Jan 18, 2021

It was an Amazing journey learning with Coursera & University of Pennsylvania!! I went back to my school years and I remembered back my Algebra, thank you so much!!

SM
Aug 21, 2021

the professor speaks very clearly. Not withstanding I have a question. Is there anyway to ask a question on this venue?Not withstanding I have a question.

76 - 100 of 129 Reviews for Fundamentals of Finance

Aug 27, 2021

nice

By ÁLVARO M C

Jan 26, 2021

Good

By Michael H

Jan 21, 2021

The instructor and material was great my only complaints are with the Quizzes.

The Quiz questions can be frustrating because it is not always clear how to answer the questions. For example some you need to round to have the correct answer where as others you do not. It is also misleading when the blurb tells you how to write the answer as a dollar amount but then the correct answer is as a percentage. It would be nice is after completing the quiz you were given some help or the right answers so you could learn from your mistakes.

By Thomas T

Oct 2, 2021

A course about present value basics, and valuing annuities, bonds, equities. If you don't have a finance background, I would say the course is challenging, equivalent to college level course, if not harder. Once you get used to the pace, it will be ok, it might take a few rounds of note reviews to get through it. quizzes are challenging as well.

By Aneeqa Z

May 17, 2021

This course has helped me in gaining enormous knowledge of financial management. More power to the instructors and institution and of course "Coursera" which provided me the facility to upgrade my knowledge. Thanks

By Andre C

Jan 22, 2021

The course seems well researched-- I just have a hard time grasping these formulas and terms at the same time. They all seem to blend together when you add financial terminology into the algebra.

By Jonathan Y

May 18, 2021

It was relatively easy to understand, however, I think there were parts in the quiz that didn't refer back to what we learned. For example, why is c/r valid if it is a perpetuity?

By Oscar G C

Feb 21, 2021

Everything was perfect but the answers to each test would have been appreciated in order to improve and understand better the mistakes made.

By rojin a

Oct 14, 2021

I thing students need some background about course because the lecturer and also notes were not enough to answer all the questions

By Niree K

Jan 24, 2021

Helpful course with clear lectures by Dr. Wachter.

The quizzes were a bit frustrating in their specific formatting requirements.

By Ahmed A

Jan 12, 2021

This course needs more practice examples. Stand alone attachments can be included as exercise problems for every week.

By Nikilesh K

Jan 11, 2021

Quizzes are tough, but great learning. Only suggestion will be to offer more support for quiz answers

By Nguyen D T

May 30, 2021

The content is good. We need answers for each quiz, so that we can know why we are right or wrong.

By Rosemary H

Mar 14, 2021

A lot more algebra than the title or description suggests but ultimately very useful.

By Eduardo O B

Sep 14, 2020

Excellent. I think is necessary to check de results of Quiz 3.

By Jayant B

Sep 23, 2021

v​ery good course gave me a good insights of finance industry

By Ansh A

Jun 14, 2021

the course material was a tad tough...otherwise a good course

By Lord B S L M M J

Dec 1, 2020

This course has helped improved my knowledge of finance.

By Ronan D

Mar 29, 2021

explination was not very good for a new person

By Soumarup P

Jun 8, 2021

This was a good course in Finance