Back to Financial Accounting: Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting: Foundations by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will learn foundations of financial accounting information. You will start your journey with a general overview of what financial accounting information is and the main financial statements. You will then learn how to code financial transactions in financial accounting language. In the meantime, you will learn about the most important concept in contemporary financial accounting: accrual accounting. You will then critically analyze how firms recognize revenues. Finally, you will finish the course with an analysis of accounting for short-term assets where you will go into detail on how firms account for accounts receivables and inventories. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Understand main financial statements and the financial information they provide • Write a financial transaction in financial accounting language and understand how this impacts main financial statements • Understand how accrual accounting and fundamental accounting concepts work • Understand revenue recognition principles and how they impact main financial statements • Account for accounts receivables and inventories. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AD
Sep 3, 2017

Though I have been through Intro Accounting some 3 or 4 times through different classes and seminars, I still found myself learning from this detailed and straight forward presentation of information.

YP
Jun 6, 2020

The modules were extremely informative and nothing less to say, Oktay sir's presentations were very easy to understand even for a person like me who has no prior knowledge about Financial Accounting.

101 - 125 of 878 Reviews for Financial Accounting: Foundations

By José M J J

Feb 14, 2021

Me alegra mucho estar llevando este programa, he aprendido demasiado en un mes y me motiva a estudiar mas, la conexión del profesor con su clase es increíble, se ve el desempeño de excelencia en su enseñanza

By Hardik J

May 9, 2020

The course is perfect to understand the basic without any prior knowledge. The extra exercises are really helpful to understand the concepts better. Prof. Oktay Urcan is an incredible teacher and motivator.

By Mario F V P

Jul 20, 2021

​I liked it. The content is very good and I strongly recommend always reading the material suggested, because it enhances the learning experience and eases de process of learning and obtaining good grades.

By Vinoth S

Apr 13, 2020

Very useful course to understand Financial Accounting Foundations. Course anchor has very clearly teaches us the concepts with simple examples. Very useful course to understand fundamentals of Accounting.

By Jerry D

Sep 20, 2019

Great course! Explanation is clear, and lots of real-world examples to make the course material more relatable. I would highly recommend this course to anyone seeking a basic understanding of Accounting.

By Luis S

Jul 13, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. It is very engaging and the instructor explains all topics very well. the examples he presented were relevant and a good example of how to put theory into practice.

By Federico C

Aug 9, 2020

Great course! Clearness and simplicity at explaining concepts, lots of practice excercise and great examples. I really enjoyed it and I've also learned some key value concepts from accountings.

By Balgabek M

Aug 5, 2020

Thank you very much for the University of Illinois and Prof. Oktay. The best explanation ever! Interesting cases and problems! This course helped me to create a strong foundation in accounting.

By Anderson C d O

Jul 15, 2020

Very good overview about the Financial accounting foundations. It was important to myself to expand my mind and have a better understanding of this area and the course achieve my expectation.

By Hazel M F B

Thanks again Coursera for this course. I have learned a lot. Thanks to the Professor. But can you send me a Certificate of Completion as proof that I am done with this course. Thank you.

By Thales K d S

Jul 8, 2020

This course is excellent.

In addition to adding a career specialty by deepening theories and real cases, I was able to add strength to my curriculum with an international specialization.

By Yijie R

Jun 12, 2020

This course is very helpful for me to understand the process of financial reporting. I learn a lot of new terms in the financial accounting. I hope it will be useful for my future study.

By Said A H

May 15, 2020

I suggest this specialization courses for those who love to learn about Financial Accounting more professionally. Thanks for the Coursera team to provide such valuable courses for us.

By BERDIYOROV J

Apr 20, 2021

This course was really helpful for me to receive the necessary information n about basic accounting principles. I would say thanks a lot to the professor and good luck to everyone!!!

By Sergio C

Dec 19, 2020

It is a very interesting course with an excellent instructor who explores real and created scenarios making the subjects easy to understand and compare with real-life BS and NIS.

By Sze M W

Jun 12, 2021

Thank you Professor Oktay Urcan! I found this course very useful as it provided lots of real cases of Financial Statements for us to work on. Highly recommended this course.

By Maria A F

Thank you so much for providing this comprehensive course. Topics and examples provided are very extensive and challenging; these motivated me to study the concepts further.

By Olivia Q A

Jun 26, 2020

Steep learning curve, coming from a totally different background with no exp in accounting. Feeling like I can move forward and learn more. Thanks for a great course.

By Himanshu G

Jun 13, 2020

One of the best course ever. The exercises were very tricky but helpful in understanding concepts well. Thankyou Coursera and University of Illinois and Mr. Otkay Urcan

By BHARATH K V

Apr 25, 2020

The course was very good. The explanations with case study was crystal clear. Basically i am not from finance background but the course content was clear for beginners.

By Aishwarya

Mar 21, 2021

Really useful and could learn very easy. Thank you for providing such wonderful course. I thank Professor and my peer students for supporting to enhance my knowledge

By Veronika s A

Jun 2, 2020

This course was very interesting, understandable and easy I learnt a lot of new things in financial accounts. Thanks a lot for university of Illinois and professors

By VO V T H

Jan 11, 2021

Thanks for this course. Now, I've enhanced my knowledge to be confident when participating in class, and rarely had any difficulties with lecturing in university.

By Qinwei W

Dec 6, 2020

This course is very inspiring and well-organized. You can gain a lot not just from lecture but also from the case study which gives you more practical experience.

By Ash�ari O A

Oct 1, 2020

kindly I' requesting you to send me my certificate if there is something wrong tell me and I'm going to complete but still you have my certificate without reason.