Back to Financial Accounting: Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting: Foundations by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will learn foundations of financial accounting information. You will start your journey with a general overview of what financial accounting information is and the main financial statements. You will then learn how to code financial transactions in financial accounting language. In the meantime, you will learn about the most important concept in contemporary financial accounting: accrual accounting. You will then critically analyze how firms recognize revenues. Finally, you will finish the course with an analysis of accounting for short-term assets where you will go into detail on how firms account for accounts receivables and inventories. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Understand main financial statements and the financial information they provide • Write a financial transaction in financial accounting language and understand how this impacts main financial statements • Understand how accrual accounting and fundamental accounting concepts work • Understand revenue recognition principles and how they impact main financial statements • Account for accounts receivables and inventories. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AD

Sep 04, 2017

Though I have been through Intro Accounting some 3 or 4 times through different classes and seminars, I still found myself learning from this detailed and straight forward presentation of information.

YP

Jun 07, 2020

The modules were extremely informative and nothing less to say, Oktay sir's presentations were very easy to understand even for a person like me who has no prior knowledge about Financial Accounting.

101 - 125 of 554 Reviews for Financial Accounting: Foundations

By Hu S

Oct 07, 2016

it‘s so great and I can get the point of each lesson. And I think it will play an important role in my future study. Thank you!

By Jaime R

Jun 12, 2020

Great and clear course for a Fundamental Accounting, the application cases are really useful to put all knowledge on practice.

By Qazi S

Apr 08, 2020

A very good course for building foundations in Accounting in a very short time with thorough concentration on important topics

By Loreto H

Oct 25, 2019

Excellent! I can say after taking several classes of accountability that this approach is the best to understand how it works

By Christos P

Aug 29, 2017

An excellent choice for everyone who wants to understand the basics of Financial Accounting. I totally recommend this course.

By S. M M R

Jun 12, 2020

It was an excellent journey with that course. As a student of Accounting I enjoyed the course. Thanks to the course teacher.

By Vivek V

Apr 11, 2020

I can't recommend this course enough. The instructor explains the most complex concepts in a very easy to understand manner.

By Viacheslav N

Feb 25, 2020

Amazing! Easy going, clear, transparent and very informative. I got basics of subject I never knew before just in few weeks!

By JACKIE H

Jan 30, 2018

The video lectures were short and I like the fact that there is a review after each video to practice what was just learned.

By Nadia S

I really like it really adventures journey and many quiz section make perfect in these fields as well as 4 case studies.

By Raymond W

Feb 19, 2020

Thank you for putting this course together with the written documents and videos. The combination made learning easier.

By Aritra B R C

Jun 27, 2019

Good paced videos and topic coverage. Practical examples for each topic are convnient to grasp the underlying concepts.

By camilo v

Jan 22, 2017

This course is very interesting, Have a basic aproach on accounting but develop the key drivers of financial accounting

By kabongo w

Nov 24, 2016

Great program and good lecturer. I plan to complete the 7 courses. Anybody interested in this program should go for it.

By Jenny B

Oct 08, 2018

This professor is talented at accounting and explaining terms. I enjoyed the coursera work and highly recommend UIUC.

By Ilis W

Jan 19, 2018

challenging but interesting; I did not expect to learn so much; I now look at balance sheets with knowledgeable eyes.

By Sethuhewa R B

Jul 04, 2020

it was helpful me for my current academics, but i couldn't earned my certificate, i don't know what's the problem is

By Harris S

Jan 15, 2017

Very easy to understanding and practical, especially for the beginners like me. It give me confidence to go further.

By MUHARREM I

Sep 22, 2019

Very clear videos and examples. I enjoyed during my study. Thanks yo Mr. Urcan and all whoput this course in place.

By Kyle H

Jun 14, 2019

This course was a good basis for financial accounting and was formatted in a way that facilitated quality learning!

By Olwenyi R

The course provides the beginning insight to accounting to any person even a non-professionals. Thank you coursera

By Angelo O A

Apr 14, 2017

What a great course. I built a great foundation of my accounting skills for my future use in the business world.

By Vasvi M

Sep 16, 2019

Excellent course that provides you with in-depth case studies to get a better understanding of the fundamentals

By Leila Z

May 01, 2018

Super great course!I have learnt a lot and am sure this course will do me a lot of benefits in the near future!

By Eun L

Jan 27, 2018

Very good course! short and to the point. More examples would be helpful though to apply to different numbers.