Back to Financial Accounting: Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting: Foundations by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will learn foundations of financial accounting information. You will start your journey with a general overview of what financial accounting information is and the main financial statements. You will then learn how to code financial transactions in financial accounting language. In the meantime, you will learn about the most important concept in contemporary financial accounting: accrual accounting. You will then critically analyze how firms recognize revenues. Finally, you will finish the course with an analysis of accounting for short-term assets where you will go into detail on how firms account for accounts receivables and inventories. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Understand main financial statements and the financial information they provide • Write a financial transaction in financial accounting language and understand how this impacts main financial statements • Understand how accrual accounting and fundamental accounting concepts work • Understand revenue recognition principles and how they impact main financial statements • Account for accounts receivables and inventories. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AD

Sep 04, 2017

Though I have been through Intro Accounting some 3 or 4 times through different classes and seminars, I still found myself learning from this detailed and straight forward presentation of information.

YP

Jun 07, 2020

The modules were extremely informative and nothing less to say, Oktay sir's presentations were very easy to understand even for a person like me who has no prior knowledge about Financial Accounting.

76 - 100 of 556 Reviews for Financial Accounting: Foundations

By Veronika s A

Jun 02, 2020

This course was very interesting, understandable and easy I learnt a lot of new things in financial accounts. Thanks a lot for university of Illinois and professors

By Muhammad K A A

May 01, 2020

Thank you for the course it was very informative and I had learned more than what I already know.

Thank you for the course I will definitely take another course.

By Rhylyn C T

I learned substantial information about Financial Accounting Foundations. I will continue taking the other courses as i am planning to take my iMBA with UIUC!

By shivam k

Mar 01, 2020

The course takes you through the fundamentals of accounting. The course is very interactive and the video lessons are easy to understand. It was fun learning.

By Eyyub R

The course covered the whole topic. Thanks to Oktay Urcan, he explained the topics in detail. I think I will take part in other courses offered by Illinois.

By Пищулина А А

Very interesting and useful course! The nice thing is that it is practice-based which helped me to apply the knowledge when studying accounting. Thank you!

By Pratyush D

May 15, 2020

The teaching was very convincing. Sir explained all the concepts very briefly. My basics in accounting have become stronger after completing this course.

By Juan J C O

Mar 02, 2020

Interesting course. It allows accounting people to reinforce their knowledge and is vital for people who are just beginning in the accounting area.

By Akhilesh k

Really a good course to start off with accounting from scratch. and also helps you to analyse companies annual report to invest in stock market

By Moayad A M K

Apr 25, 2020

A very good course. I'm an accountant student and this course helped a lot in remembering information I had taken from before in my university.

By Sparsh D

May 06, 2020

Its my pleasure to start learning the accounting basics from this course. One of the best courses i have ever watched! Thanks a lot Oktay sir!

By Mohammad A N

first of all, i am very glad that i attended this wonderful course, second, I learned many concepts that are extremely helpful for real word.

By Anuar

May 08, 2018

It is the greate course. And now I can reed Financial information of some financial companies in my country and make a decisions about them.

By Elizabeth T

Aug 14, 2017

A great introduction, that I feel has really prepared me for the college course that I will be taking this coming fall on the same material!

By Osama A

Jul 11, 2020

Very well explained and I have learnt very much in this course. I recommend anyone who wants to enter accounting field to take this course.

By Kevin O

May 22, 2017

I enjoyed the lectures and the work. The handouts were helpful and for a small fee, the class was quite helpful. Thanks to the professor.

By Palito J E

Jul 03, 2020

The course is very good overall. Even tough there's a ton of course material in this course, the Instructor's way to deliver it was good.

By Ranjith

Since this was my first online course, it is an amazing learning experience. Thanks to Coursera and Big Thanks to GIES and the professor.

By Yunfan L

Dec 04, 2018

Nice class and professor!! But students should have basic economic knowledge, such as microeconomics, in order to learn this class well.

By Andrea C A M

Dec 01, 2018

Excellent course because the course give me the knowlegde to understand the topics of CFA level 1 (FRA) I would recommend this course!

By Kat T

Oct 15, 2016

I needed a solid introduction to double entry accounting. This course helped me understand where plan articles had failed in the past.

By Zayaan A

Jun 11, 2020

The course was very informative. Wonderful Teaching and could brush up my basics through this course THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN! ILLINOIS

By Fomin A

Apr 10, 2017

This course is very good. Everything is explained well and there are a lot of quizzes to test how well you learned the information.

By Veenanjali T

Mar 31, 2020

This course has given me good insights on financial accounting, especially the cases have helped in getting a wider understanding.

By Jordan T D

Jun 13, 2020

Amazing course!!! I learned so much and all the course material has helped me better understand Financial Accounting. Thank you!!