Back to Financial Accounting: Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting: Foundations by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will learn foundations of financial accounting information. You will start your journey with a general overview of what financial accounting information is and the main financial statements. You will then learn how to code financial transactions in financial accounting language. In the meantime, you will learn about the most important concept in contemporary financial accounting: accrual accounting. You will then critically analyze how firms recognize revenues. Finally, you will finish the course with an analysis of accounting for short-term assets where you will go into detail on how firms account for accounts receivables and inventories. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Understand main financial statements and the financial information they provide • Write a financial transaction in financial accounting language and understand how this impacts main financial statements • Understand how accrual accounting and fundamental accounting concepts work • Understand revenue recognition principles and how they impact main financial statements • Account for accounts receivables and inventories. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AD
Sep 3, 2017

Though I have been through Intro Accounting some 3 or 4 times through different classes and seminars, I still found myself learning from this detailed and straight forward presentation of information.

YP
Jun 6, 2020

The modules were extremely informative and nothing less to say, Oktay sir's presentations were very easy to understand even for a person like me who has no prior knowledge about Financial Accounting.

76 - 100 of 727 Reviews for Financial Accounting: Foundations

By RINI V

Oct 2, 2020

most helpful in understanding the fundamentals. made me capable of understanding and preparing financial statements. also example from real time firms gave us better idea about how to interpret financial statements.

By Dhinesh A D

Jul 4, 2020

This course gives clear insight on how to read annual reports of a company. Concepts were precisely explained. Highly suggested course. People even from non-finance backgrounds also be able to grasp the concepts.

By Hardik J

May 9, 2020

The course is perfect to understand the basic without any prior knowledge. The extra exercises are really helpful to understand the concepts better. Prof. Oktay Urcan is an incredible teacher and motivator.

By Vinoth S

Apr 13, 2020

Very useful course to understand Financial Accounting Foundations. Course anchor has very clearly teaches us the concepts with simple examples. Very useful course to understand fundamentals of Accounting.

By Jerry D

Sep 20, 2019

Great course! Explanation is clear, and lots of real-world examples to make the course material more relatable. I would highly recommend this course to anyone seeking a basic understanding of Accounting.

By Federico C

Aug 9, 2020

Great course! Clearness and simplicity at explaining concepts, lots of practice excercise and great examples. I really enjoyed it and I've also learned some key value concepts from accountings.

By Balgabek M

Aug 5, 2020

Thank you very much for the University of Illinois and Prof. Oktay. The best explanation ever! Interesting cases and problems! This course helped me to create a strong foundation in accounting.

By Anderson C d O

Jul 15, 2020

Very good overview about the Financial accounting foundations. It was important to myself to expand my mind and have a better understanding of this area and the course achieve my expectation.

By Hazel M F B

Thanks again Coursera for this course. I have learned a lot. Thanks to the Professor. But can you send me a Certificate of Completion as proof that I am done with this course. Thank you.

By Thales K d S

Jul 8, 2020

This course is excellent.

In addition to adding a career specialty by deepening theories and real cases, I was able to add strength to my curriculum with an international specialization.

By Yijie R

Jun 12, 2020

This course is very helpful for me to understand the process of financial reporting. I learn a lot of new terms in the financial accounting. I hope it will be useful for my future study.

By Said A H

May 15, 2020

I suggest this specialization courses for those who love to learn about Financial Accounting more professionally. Thanks for the Coursera team to provide such valuable courses for us.

By Maria A F

Thank you so much for providing this comprehensive course. Topics and examples provided are very extensive and challenging; these motivated me to study the concepts further.

By Olivia Q A

Jun 26, 2020

Steep learning curve, coming from a totally different background with no exp in accounting. Feeling like I can move forward and learn more. Thanks for a great course.

By Himanshu G

Jun 13, 2020

One of the best course ever. The exercises were very tricky but helpful in understanding concepts well. Thankyou Coursera and University of Illinois and Mr. Otkay Urcan

By BHARATH K V

Apr 25, 2020

The course was very good. The explanations with case study was crystal clear. Basically i am not from finance background but the course content was clear for beginners.

By Veronika s A

Jun 2, 2020

This course was very interesting, understandable and easy I learnt a lot of new things in financial accounts. Thanks a lot for university of Illinois and professors

By Ash�ari O A

Oct 1, 2020

kindly I' requesting you to send me my certificate if there is something wrong tell me and I'm going to complete but still you have my certificate without reason.

By May S L

Sep 14, 2020

Financial Accounting is a tough subject but Prof Oktay Urcan has explained it in a way that's easy to follow and interesting for non-accounting students like me.

By Muhammad K A A

May 1, 2020

Thank you for the course it was very informative and I had learned more than what I already know.

Thank you for the course I will definitely take another course.

By Rhylyn C T

I learned substantial information about Financial Accounting Foundations. I will continue taking the other courses as i am planning to take my iMBA with UIUC!

By shivam k

Mar 1, 2020

The course takes you through the fundamentals of accounting. The course is very interactive and the video lessons are easy to understand. It was fun learning.

By MUNSHI K

Oct 26, 2020

I find this course extremely helpful for a beginner like me in accountings. Explanations and quiz were great and that is what I enjoyed most in this course.

By Eyyub R

The course covered the whole topic. Thanks to Oktay Urcan, he explained the topics in detail. I think I will take part in other courses offered by Illinois.

By Пищулина А А

Very interesting and useful course! The nice thing is that it is practice-based which helped me to apply the knowledge when studying accounting. Thank you!