Back to Financial Accounting: Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting: Foundations by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will learn foundations of financial accounting information. You will start your journey with a general overview of what financial accounting information is and the main financial statements. You will then learn how to code financial transactions in financial accounting language. In the meantime, you will learn about the most important concept in contemporary financial accounting: accrual accounting. You will then critically analyze how firms recognize revenues. Finally, you will finish the course with an analysis of accounting for short-term assets where you will go into detail on how firms account for accounts receivables and inventories. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Understand main financial statements and the financial information they provide • Write a financial transaction in financial accounting language and understand how this impacts main financial statements • Understand how accrual accounting and fundamental accounting concepts work • Understand revenue recognition principles and how they impact main financial statements • Account for accounts receivables and inventories. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AD
Sep 3, 2017

Though I have been through Intro Accounting some 3 or 4 times through different classes and seminars, I still found myself learning from this detailed and straight forward presentation of information.

YP
Jun 6, 2020

The modules were extremely informative and nothing less to say, Oktay sir's presentations were very easy to understand even for a person like me who has no prior knowledge about Financial Accounting.

226 - 250 of 883 Reviews for Financial Accounting: Foundations

By Boopathiraj S

Jun 5, 2021

This course covers basics for non financial people and helps to understand financial statement.

By SATHYA B G 2

Apr 22, 2021

its okay but its takes too long time for id verification please try to change those mad options

By Mohammad H K

Mar 15, 2021

The best course. I gained incredible deep knowledge about the core concepts. Thank you Illinois

By Keith K D

Sep 4, 2019

Good basic course for non financial people, you learn the basic on reading financial statements

By Dola C S

Oct 8, 2016

This is really a great course. I have learnt a lot about the fundamentals of Accounting.

Thanks.

By Joshua D

Feb 1, 2021

I ENJOYED THE COURSE AND I LEARNED ALOT FROM IT .

THEANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT LERANING EXPERANCE

By Porush g

Sep 2, 2020

I learned some very important point in the financial accounting and financial analysis as well

By Ashis C

Aug 29, 2019

It's a very Good Online Course for the Working personals to review the Learnings Once Again !!

By HARIKRISHNAN S

Aug 16, 2020

Great learning experience , will recommend it to all those who need the basics of accounting.

By Dung N

Mar 15, 2021

Good presentation and transcript materials. I really like the real-life practice questions.

By IVORY A C C

Jul 12, 2020

Excellent course, very good to learn new concepts and strengthen knowledge. 100% recommended

By Md A

Apr 27, 2020

The course and faculty are amazing. This course helps me understanding financial statements.

By Neha S

Nov 17, 2019

Best course, learned a lot of quality information which gave me the way to build my career.

By Rahul S

Jun 14, 2019

Interesting course which really helps in understanding the basics of financial accounting!!

By Mustafa G

Sep 14, 2020

It was a great experience of learning thank you all for providing such a wonderful program

By Jonathan S E O

Jul 18, 2020

It was a really good course, I believe you will need a little of background in accounting,

By Galib H K

Aug 8, 2019

Excellent course for beginners. The Quizzes are really great to practice all the concepts.

By Abdul K O

Apr 25, 2018

Such an amazing course. Learnt so much and I am much comfortable working in the field now.

By Michael R

Feb 26, 2018

Great beginning course. I am going to continue the specialization and hope to learn more.

By victor a

Apr 8, 2021

The course is explained in a very easy to understand manner, i enjoyed every minute of it

By Saritha j

Sep 24, 2020

Very useful this course. I have learning more thinks. I am improve my skill and knowledge

By Jane C C

May 22, 2020

Excellent course! Easy to comprehend and lots of examples made it easier for me to learn.

By ankit k

Oct 11, 2018

This is a great course for people who want to start with their specialization in Finance.

By KEVIN M C

Dec 1, 2019

Very happy with the course, it opened the perspective of accounting that they taught me.

By Shibaji S

Dec 19, 2018

it is a very good course. The way of teaching is very good. It is easily understandable.