Back to Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting by IESE Business School

Financial Accounting is often called the language of business; it is the language that managers use to communicate the firm's financial and economic information to external parties such as shareholders and creditors. Nobody working in business can afford financial illiteracy. Whether you run your own business, work as a manager or are just starting your career, you want to understand financial information and be able to interact with accountants, controllers, and financial managers. You want to talk business! This course will provide you with the accounting language's essentials. Upon completion, you should be able to read and interpret financial statements for business diagnosis and decision-making. More importantly, you will possess the conceptual base to keep learning more sophisticated accounting and finance on your own. Do not forget that, as with any other language, becoming proficient with accounting requires constant practice....

DN

Aug 18, 2020

All topics covered in this course were explained well and shown how to implement, highly recommended for beginners and individuals who would like to brush up on their accounting knowledge foundations.

EN

Jul 17, 2018

The course was very interesting with a lot of real-life scenarios that made it very relatable. I will highly recommend it to anyone trying to find thier way through financial accounting principles.

376 - 400 of 443 Reviews for Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting

Apr 19, 2020

great

By Mona A A

Aug 14, 2020

good

By rangoli

Jul 21, 2020

good

By UZOMA N T

Jul 20, 2020

good

By Rufat V

Jul 11, 2020

Good

By KONG J T

Jul 01, 2020

nice

By Meryem

May 15, 2020

Cool

By Abbasli O

May 09, 2020

good

By Sejal K

May 05, 2020

good

By Prashant R

Sep 20, 2019

Apr 26, 2017

E

By Alexis M

Jun 04, 2018

I audited this class to see how I would respond to this style of learning. I was very impressed with the content and explanation on the topic via the online video lessons. The little quizzes that popped up every so often after learning about the content were easy to understand and reinforced the lesson well. I liked the use of the stories to represent and explain the lesson as well. The only part I found a little dense was the reading assignment and examples of balance sheets. The verbiage was still pretty technical for a beginner in accounting, and the balance sheets were extensive to decipher and navigate as a beginner. I think it would have helped to have links in the balance sheet to click on so you could see an explanation as it related to the lesson for the user. Overall though, the content and format is excellent and I will be signing up for Coursera.

By Dingfei Z

Aug 19, 2017

All is great except the last part. You didn't really teach in detail for how to interpret a company's financial statements. I had to watch the last 4 or 5 videos over and over again and do some research on my own. For example, you can calculate the ROS or ROE; but what should that be to be considered "VERY profitable"? You can calculate the days of sales in inventory, but how long should that be to be considered as "good"? How much cash do you need to be considered as having a "good" liquidity? These terms are very vague. I understand that you have no problem making such judgements, since you are experienced. But I'm not. So I just can't tell these things without having a precise criteria. And many other things were vague as well. I feel like the course ended abruptly. Maybe this course needs a Week 5. So 4 stars for 4 weeks.

By Jim L

Jan 21, 2017

I thought the ideas were presented well at first and it was easy for me (a novice in the subject) to keep up. However, it ramped up for the last two weeks. I ended up doing some more research before understanding the concepts. Great examples throughout. Ultimately, challenging (therefore rewarding). I look forward to the other courses in the Foundations series.

By Mikel E

Aug 12, 2016

This is a very interesting course, I would hace liked the teacher would explain a little bit more about NOF and Operational ratios, go further on this topics and less analysisi of Balance Sheet and P&L.

But in general, great explanations and videos and completely easy to understand everything, very good examples.

By Laura A D P

Nov 05, 2017

Es un muy buen curso. Perfecto para personas que no son contadores y no buscan serlo. Con este curso logras aprender a leer estados financieros y, como su nombre lo dice, a partir de ellos poder tomar decisiones informadas. Le doy 4 estrellas porque los subtítulos son muy mejorables

By Daniel

Aug 21, 2017

The last part of interpretation of the Financial Statements is a little less accurate (or too quick) in terms of methodology, at least for a total beginner like me. In general I enjoyed the course and learned the basics I wanted to learn. Very nice!