Back to Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting by IESE Business School

Financial Accounting is often called the language of business; it is the language that managers use to communicate the firm's financial and economic information to external parties such as shareholders and creditors. Nobody working in business can afford financial illiteracy. Whether you run your own business, work as a manager or are just starting your career, you want to understand financial information and be able to interact with accountants, controllers, and financial managers. You want to talk business! This course will provide you with the accounting language's essentials. Upon completion, you should be able to read and interpret financial statements for business diagnosis and decision-making. More importantly, you will possess the conceptual base to keep learning more sophisticated accounting and finance on your own. Do not forget that, as with any other language, becoming proficient with accounting requires constant practice....

EN

Jul 17, 2018

The course was very interesting with a lot of real-life scenarios that made it very relatable. I will highly recommend it to anyone trying to find thier way through financial accounting principles.

TV

Apr 05, 2020

I enjoyed this course. I found the instruction very thorough. The practical applications made the concepts easy to understand and apply. The instructor was easy to listen to and follow along with.

26 - 50 of 392 Reviews for Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting

By Mario J R M

Apr 03, 2018

Thank God, I knew my profession in coursera, "Project Management", I am studying to professionalize and manage to structure my professional career.

for me it is very important Operational Finance and transcendental Accounting, I would like to achieve specialization and if possible a master's degree.

of the Operational Finance course, I liked the accounting structures, accounting sheets.

By Stephen B

I decided to take this course as part of the Foundations of Management Specialisation. I thought I made a great decision to listen thoroughly despite being an accounting graduate who specialises in technological risks related to end-to-end accounting processes. Prof. Marc's lectures are easy to follow and very engaging. I love that he also put up an actual example of how accounting works in an actual scenario. To those who need to learn the basics of accounting, this is the course for you. A lot better than reading a textbook!

By Arnob G

Apr 23, 2020

This course has been thoroughly engaging, despite the fact that I do not come from a finance/commerce background. It was a great place to start, working on some really interesting problems.

The quizzes were really challenging, and were very successful in raising the bar of difficulty with each passing week. By the end of the course, solving a quiz actually felt like an achievement and hence the overall experience felt really educational, as well as exciting. Definitely recommended.

By Siddhant S G

Jul 29, 2020

I was mainly looking for a review over the concepts I had studied through college but what I got in return was so much more than I was expecting. I got to properly learn how accounting can be useful in financial decisions and not just for keeping check of a company's balance sheet. The course is amazing and easy to watch and enjoyable to participatein. Thanks to IESE as well Marc sir for providing students with such an exemplary course.

By Farhim F

Jun 14, 2020

As a student of science and engineering, you're rarely, if not ever, asked to take accounting.

But it turns out to be greatly useful, specially if you're interested in investing, business or managing your personal finance. It's called the language of business for a reason.

IESE Business School and prof Marc Badia does a fantastic job of introducing you to the principles in a practical manner. Definitely recommended.

By Vincent S L

Jun 17, 2020

Overall this course is amazing even though it's a little different for the basic concept in our country's teaching, I am currently an incoming 3rd year student of BS Accountancy in the Philippines but I've learned a lot of new ideas and how to approach the Financial Statements as well as The Professor Marc Badia is just amazing in explaining the concept and terms. Thank You for this opportunity.

By HARSH T

Jul 04, 2020

Best course in Accounting for beginners. It starts from A to B then c ... till Y and then Z. Instructor's way of teaching and going to Zara collections and Cristina's book shop is a type of practical experience in the real world. He is awesome Professor who takes care of explanation of every minute concept while teaching. Be positive and start the course with its first video.

By Utsav M

Jun 11, 2020

A very well structured course with all important concepts addressed. I have no commerce background so far, however, I feel confident about reading and analyzing a financial statement now. Also, the financial terms sound more familiar now and I feel more confident in using it in day to day life. Looking forward to go-ahead and learning further levels on this course. Thank you

By Ivan V S

Dec 01, 2016

Me ha gustado mucho este curso. He de decir que no me ha sido facil aprender algunos conceptos, pero me voy con más nociones y conceptos que con los que llegue. Creo que consultare los videos más veces para seguir recordando los conceptos aprendidos.

Mis felicitaciones al professor Marc Badia por tener la habilidad de explicar este tema de manera fácil e entendible.

By Rosanna S

Oct 24, 2016

Really helpful course, would definitely recommend it for people who are totally new to accounting. The Professor Marc explains things really well and the examples are really useful with a lot of useful resources and reading material being made available throughout the course. Overall really impressed and satisfied with the course. Thank you Marc and IESE!

By Hugo-James M

Lots of good information that teaches you the basics of accounting. If you want to learn about Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow statements, and Accrual Accounting, this is for you. It will teach you to read company financial statements through examples and using a real-life company. A lot better than just listening to theory.

By Prabhjot S

Feb 18, 2017

This course provides an in-depth knowledge and deep insight into the basics.The instructor Mr.Marc Badia has really done a good job explaining the concepts from the real world scenario. Thannks to the course structure and instructor, understanding the course wasn't that challenging especially after being from Computers background .

By Lidya L

Jul 31, 2020

I really like to learn with Prof. Marc Badia. Since I didn't have any background from Accounting, but I can understand well this course. He can describe clearly and give an example of every topic. Both of the video and reading theory is very good. After you learn from his video, you can learn more detail from the reading theory.

By Raul C P

Aug 12, 2018

Very simple way to be introduced to Financial Accounting and reach a very decent starting level in a very short time. I wish I had done this course before my accounting unit in my BSc. It is explained in a very simple, enjoyable and logical way. Quizes are at a good level and ensure you are reached the level.

Great job IESE!

By Lavanyaa D

Excellent pedagogy.

Simple and Lucid explanations by Prof. Badia, with the incorporation of real-life scenarios as examples. Didn't face conceptual difficulty at all at any point. An excellent course for anyone who wants to get a hold on Basics of Financial Accounting and reading & interpreting FInancial Statements.

By Prem P K

Jun 29, 2020

This is an excellent course for business man, investor and anyone who are interested in finance sector. in this course prof. Badia explain how company create there financial statements. and every detail about those statements.

professor I am from India. and I am very grateful that I can call myself your student.

By FRANCOIS J

Sep 22, 2016

I have a Master Degree in Management, yet I had really limited knowledge in Accounting. The quality of the course and the Professor is a Top Quality.

I am starting a new job in a finance department of a multinational corporation. This has been a perfect refresh.

I have performed the courses in 3 days.

By Matthew M

Oct 10, 2016

Excellent course, progressed quickly enough to be challenging, but the instructor doesn't assume any prior accounting knowledge so the pace was still comfortable. Really great overview of the three key financial statements (B/S, Inc Stmnt and CF Statement), and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Matt

By Thorsteinn A

Apr 12, 2017

Material is very clearly put forward, and the focus is very nice on the absolute foundations of accounting. The course does not go into the more confusing issues in accounting, and alternative practices and remains focused on key important issue that help you understand and read financial statements.

By Devanshu S

Jul 06, 2020

The Best course, i loved it. Prof Marc Badia is really my Favourite Teacher-The way he teaches with practical examples like campus bookstore and Zara will truly make you fall in love with Accounting.

Believe me!

This course is the Best one Available- You won't ever feel fear of accounting.

By Guido d F B V d S

Oct 12, 2016

Well thought and developed financial accounting course. The lectures and readings are interesting and the exercises help you to understand your progress. Very useful, mainly for people without financial accounting knowledge or people that want to refresh their knowledge on the subject.

By Francisco J F

Oct 01, 2016

Really helpful course to understand the fundamentals of accounting and its business implications. This course is a must for anybody without an accounting background and willing to get into business. I did the course before starting my MBA and it definitely helped me afterwards.

By waleed t a e h

Apr 01, 2020

Thank you, professor, for this well explained data for understanding the basics of business sheets

my career in electrical engineering and all of these topics is very useful for me to read and interpret any financial statement in order to keep up with accountants in my company

By Bino L M

Jul 20, 2020

A very exciting course,all thanks to Professor Marc,You outdid yourself with those explanations and example,that made it easy when I attempted my assignments.

I too would recommend that for financial reports,consider using excel spreadsheet such that it be more easier

By Nicholas G

Apr 26, 2020

The course successfully explores accounting basics for management purposes. It is possible to complete all assignments working only using the written documentation, but the videos are very helpful for those who approach some of the content for the very first time.