Back to Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting by IESE Business School

Financial Accounting is often called the language of business; it is the language that managers use to communicate the firm's financial and economic information to external parties such as shareholders and creditors. Nobody working in business can afford financial illiteracy. Whether you run your own business, work as a manager or are just starting your career, you want to understand financial information and be able to interact with accountants, controllers, and financial managers. You want to talk business! This course will provide you with the accounting language's essentials. Upon completion, you should be able to read and interpret financial statements for business diagnosis and decision-making. More importantly, you will possess the conceptual base to keep learning more sophisticated accounting and finance on your own. Do not forget that, as with any other language, becoming proficient with accounting requires constant practice....

DN
Aug 17, 2020

All topics covered in this course were explained well and shown how to implement, highly recommended for beginners and individuals who would like to brush up on their accounting knowledge foundations.

JS
Nov 17, 2020

It's so amazing learning on this course, the discussions and activities are the best. The method of delivering the lesson using practical example helped me learn it more and effectively. Thank you!

576 - 600 of 711 Reviews for Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting

By Mark W

Dec 19, 2020

Main features:

Excellent use of real life example to explain concepts

Contents start simple for real beginners and get progressively more demanding

Great quizzes

Nice transaction exercises

English is not the first language of the speaker which may be an advantage for non-natives.

IESE is one of the best business schools in Spain, if not Europe.

A big thanks to IESE and Coursera for this course

By Monali M

Sep 7, 2021

Coming from Science background, business presentation were not so interesting to me as I could not understand all the terminologies related to finace. But this course really helped me. I can say that I now understand the language of finance. Not only this, I also enjoy learning finance. Thank you for this wonderful course!

By Dagna K

Apr 20, 2021

I really liked the course - the content was explained in an easy way and satisfactory pace, so the beginners can easily understand the material. Great job done by the teacher! Tests and exams are also a good learning opportunity and practice. Additional excercises would be even more helpful. Thank you!

By Carmen B

Dec 25, 2020

Excellent! Very good explanations, lots of practical examples. I came to this course because, as founder of a small business, I needed support to understand the financial documents provided by the accountant and submitted for tax purposes. This course addresses and fulfills all my expectations.

By CHRISTINA P

Dec 23, 2020

The course is excellent! It is well-built and the professor explains all the concepts in a way that they become easily understood. The real life case study is very helpful and it makes the accounting principles coprehensible by someone who has not any knowledge of accounting at all, like me.

By Lim J W B

Dec 13, 2020

A quick introduction to Financial Accounting. Prof. Badia explains the concepts very well with relevant examples. Occasionally there will be a (ungraded) short quiz in between the lecture videos to check our understanding, which is also useful for us learners check our progress.

By AptHouL A

Feb 11, 2021

I appreciate ma teacher who taught me and guide how to flow the new life of Accounting principles and how to deal my work easily.

Coursera is one of the pest online palaces which person can change his/her life, I wish all my journey will be well and admired as well as possible.

By ΛΟΥΜΠΙΑΝΑ Τ

Jan 10, 2021

Professor Marc Badia you are amazing. Thank you so much for making this course pleasant! You explain everything excellent, leaving no questions in my head. Your english is excellent!!! It was great to hear you in the videos. Hope to do another course with you again!!!

By Stacey G

Feb 25, 2021

This course really broke down balance sheets, cash flow and income statements using teaching methods that made each topic easy to grasp. I especially liked the idea of teaching by following transaction of a business. You learned by constantly applying and practising.

By Marcos A C M

Dec 28, 2020

Excellent course. The videos and reading materials are great. Very well explained and with impactful examples. The evaluation system ensures that you understand the concepts before passing. The course requires some hard work, but it is great fun.

By Carlos A A O

Feb 6, 2021

I loved this course, it gives you a solid basis of accounting. If you want to get into the world of finance but you do not know anything about it, this course is perfect for you. You never get bored and the videos and lectures are clear.

By Alessandro M

Jan 14, 2021

For a beginner like me this course was just perfect! Concepts are explained in layman's terms, the professor explains the topic with confidence and precision and the exams are challenging enough to put your brain working.

well done!

By Denise C

Jan 4, 2021

Excellent course on the basics of Financial Accounting. Provided a roadmap for understanding financial information and how it applies. Able to better understand the Wall Street Journal and other financial publications.

By sergio f

Mar 15, 2021

En primer lugar quiero darle las gracias a Marc Badia, por sus excelentes clases han sido de gran ayuda y gracias a coursera por proporcionar este gran curso en el que he aprendido mucho.

By Ms. J P

Jun 10, 2021

Course material is contemporary and very learner friendly. The flexibility of contact time with the course content facilitates the busy schedule of the learner who is working fulltime.

By FRANK F

Jan 6, 2021

Very good course with a good format of structure in every steps planed out. Thanks it encourage me to go more into accounting.

Thanks to my lecture for such a well done job

By Ayomide M O

May 10, 2021

I am really glad I took this course. I learned how to interpret the financial statement in an easy go. It is really a course you should go for if you want to be an auditor

By Patricia M P

Aug 6, 2021

This online course helps me to see the connection of 3 different Financial Statements and understand how the relevant information shows how well an organization performs.

By Lucy K

Jun 24, 2021

very informative, I love the fact that the course used real life situations that made learning and understanding easier.

Kudos to the instructor he left no stone unturned.

By Eunice

Dec 23, 2020

The professor provides clear explanation of the concepts of the course. Quizzes are comprehensive and give deeper understanding of the course materials.

By Isna B K

Mar 10, 2021

I really thank Marc Badia and the IESE team. Because by taking this course I learned a lot about financial accounting. Warm Regard, Isna Binti Kholifah

By Nurul F

Feb 26, 2021

very good course for a beginner to get used to all accounting terms. I enjoyed the course a lot and it brings much benefit and new knowledge for me

By ghie s

Dec 19, 2020

I learned a lot in this course. it refreshes me with the knowledge I have stocked for years! Thankful for this course that gives me new learnings.

By Samuel M

Jul 15, 2021

This is course well organized and even when you do not have any basis on accounting you will find it interesting and educative...Thank you

By Orlaine A

Sep 23, 2021

I​ have learned so much from this course. Thank you very much Prof. Badia for the comprehensive explanations of the topics/lessons!