Back to Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting by IESE Business School

Financial Accounting is often called the language of business; it is the language that managers use to communicate the firm's financial and economic information to external parties such as shareholders and creditors. Nobody working in business can afford financial illiteracy. Whether you run your own business, work as a manager or are just starting your career, you want to understand financial information and be able to interact with accountants, controllers, and financial managers. You want to talk business! This course will provide you with the accounting language's essentials. Upon completion, you should be able to read and interpret financial statements for business diagnosis and decision-making. More importantly, you will possess the conceptual base to keep learning more sophisticated accounting and finance on your own. Do not forget that, as with any other language, becoming proficient with accounting requires constant practice....

DN
Aug 17, 2020

All topics covered in this course were explained well and shown how to implement, highly recommended for beginners and individuals who would like to brush up on their accounting knowledge foundations.

JS
Nov 17, 2020

It's so amazing learning on this course, the discussions and activities are the best. The method of delivering the lesson using practical example helped me learn it more and effectively. Thank you!

651 - 666 of 666 Reviews for Accounting: Principles of Financial Accounting

By Tong V C

Jan 18, 2021

Good

By Jeremiah R

Apr 13, 2021

As astudent I had the opportunity to sit alongside my father whilest doing the course a few times as he is an accountant, He kept complimenting this system claiming that it had been broken down and simplified much more than when he did his studies.

I enjoyed this section and look forward to continuing this course.

By Enrique G M

Mar 22, 2021

The course is clear and gives a good introduction to the concepts. However, the assessment could be better, in particular the practical exercises. Several of them refer to calculations that have not been shown earlier on or are put in a way that is somehow further advanced than this introductory course should be.

By Chaunelle L

Jan 19, 2021

Finally understood the different financial statements and grasping their meanings. This course really helped achieve that, however, I believe you need some basic prior knowledge and understanding of Accounting in order to truly be successful in this course. Luckily, I did so it was easy to follow along

By Bongi R

Dec 18, 2020

Very interesting. Some of the points regarding definitions were lost - Prof Badia explained this so much better than reading but notes and slowing down the video was needed for me to recall these.

By Sheena E

Feb 7, 2021

This was a good foundation course. It allowed me to brush up on my past knowledge. I am definitely interested in completing the Specialization

By KinMeng C

Apr 8, 2021

This course let me refresh my accounting knowledge and enhance my analytical skill on financial statement.

By Shannice M D

Jan 5, 2021

They just need to be a little more clearer on the creating of the quiz questions

By KagisoNdou

Jan 28, 2021

It was a great refresher. I enjoyed the cause. Thank you

By Gabriel F

Dec 9, 2020

Good intro to accounting.

By Umair A

Jan 7, 2021

good

By Lea H

Jan 1, 2021

it was good and practical enough but the delivery can be improved. he kept going back and forth and it was a bit all over the place. some of the stuff from this course i actually understood in the second one, finance for managers, because it was much better structured

By Rachel R

Mar 24, 2021

This course wasn't the easiest to understand for me. I thought the professor was hard to follow and didn't give thorough details which is what I need to learn. Coming in having no accounting background at all, this course was very hard.

By Deron S D

Mar 18, 2021

I am dropping out from this course

Mar 26, 2021